Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Tank Build Help

(XBOX)xxSillBillxx

Question

So this is my first time attempting to create my own build for a frame. I'm really interested in Chroma's concept but I don't have a ton of gameplay experience, so I want to see what everyone thinks about this build before I go forma him out.

Sorry I couldn't post screenshot, I'll try to figure that out asap. I'm not 100% sure how to insert a screenshot I took using my Xbox.

Aura: Growing Power

Exilus: Power Drift

R5 Primed Flow, R5 Intensify, R6 Primed Continuity, R5 Streamline, R7 Narrow Minded, R8 Steel Fiber, R3 Constitution, and R3 Rage.

The non maxed mods will be fully finished at some point, I just figured the more info the better.

I also considered a R7 Transient Fortitude. R5 Fleeting Expertise in place of Streamline. I only just realized how dumb I was for maxing that out.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by (XB1)xxSillBillxx

2 answers to this question

I generally swap between two builds for Chroma. One is used with Zenurik and the other is a more Advanced form built around Arcanes.

LXdHyaM.jpg

This build works simply with Zenurik.

lQMKJuO.jpg

This build uses Naramon - Traumatic Redirection with Arcane Grace and Arcane Aegis. Without Zenurik Rage does a decent job of keeping his energy in check while Traumatic Redirection gives his Vex Damage buff, Arcane Grace and Arcane Aegis 100% uptime. The result is he's always angry and doesn't have to disengage each time you re-cast Vex to allow his shields to recharge.

-

Probably the biggest flaw in Chroma's tanking ability has to do with how his Vex armor buff works. The buff does not kick in until damage is resolved. This means that if you've just recast Vex and have no armor bonus from it a big enough hit can one shot you. This will happen often in places like MOT against Nullifiers past lvl 120. Thankfully shield gating is coming soon so this problem might at least be partially fixed.

Also because his mitigation is through armor. Bleed procs completely ignore his mitigation and Puncture based weapons also ignore a portion of it.

Your built is good. I'm just throwing out alternate concepts and my experience playing Chroma. I would avoid Fleeting Expertise on him. Duration is very important. Sometimes I debate if Transient is even worth it compared to Energy Conversion.

Thanks for the tips! I appreciate the insight about Vex Armor. As far as your other advice, I'm not 100% sure how the Arcane's and Skills (I can't remember what they're collectively called, but I'm referring to Zenurik and Naramon) work. I've been playing warframe off and on for a while now, but I'm still very much a noob when it comes to the endgame/finer aspects of it. But I'll look into them and try some of your suggestions out.