The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Suggestions?

Izzat

I don't know if this is the right section to post suggestions but yeah hereby i would like to suggest a " GIFT " option. Gifting platinum to certain account. Email is needed. :D

How's that?

At the moment it is not allowed for many reasons, most of them being exploits. For example you could create a new account, gift 50 plat to your main account, repeat. Account resets have the same problem with a larger payout.

I suspect that a long time from now when they have ways to prevent exploits, it will be possible.

Edited by liavalenth

its a good idea but who would actually be nice enough to give other people platinum that they paid for with their own money

I've paid for people to get Founder status/Platinum in-game. I certainly wouldn't have a problem with gifting my clanmates the platinum they need to buy a weapon or 'frame they really want.

I can't take that "the 50 free platinum will break the game" seriously. How hard can it be to just disable the trade function for those initial 50 plat and just make players that bought their platinum be able to trade it?

Probably just add a boolean to the code somewhere that changes when they go over 50 plat and from then on they can trade platinum. Making the account unable to be reset after gifting platinum would also likely not be too difficult. However, the two examples I gave were off the top of my head, I am sure there are more exploits than that.

Another example: Someone hacks into a Grand Masters (or really any) account and gifts all their platinum to someone else. Especially one that has not been online for a long time. DE won't notice until they come back, then what do they do?

Remember they still don't have trade of items you can get without paying because they are wary of exploits and hackers.