Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Color Distribution Idea Proposal

TheAgent308

My idea in itself is simple, make individual colors drop like blueprints(boss drops) or rare resources or even alert reward(might have to be 2 for alert).
Reasons that I believe it would work
-If just one color drops at a time it would not cause a loss in the color schemes sales, the reason being lazy people who wouldn't want to farm for the color they want they could say the heck with it and buy the whole scheme.  I would recommend however lowering the cost to 3$ instead of 5$ US Currency(your prerogative)

-If you implement as a rare resource for a planet not just boss drop people might replay the other mission types on the planet rather than just the boss or defence missions(those of us have completed the entire universe or at least most of it)

-It would give the players that can't afford to buy platinum a chance to get more color choices even if it is just one new color at a time.

I brought this idea up to the community because I think its a good idea that I believe would work if implemented correctly.

I believe payment for customisation options is one of the best ethical approaches to the F2P model. As such, and given that DE does require an income, I gotta disagree here. Just about everything can be got without paying, with patience or perseverance, especially since Alerts 2.0. Colours should stay market-only, along with any future reskins that have no gameplay impact.

Edited by kgb_cyborg

I believe payment for customisation options is one of the best ethical approaches to the F2P model. As such, and given that DE does require an income, I gotta disagree here. Just about everything can be got without paying, with patience or perseverance, especially since Alerts 2.0. Colours should stay market-only, along with any future reskins that have no gameplay impact.

Even if you could only open say another column on the basic color palette(although personally I would think that the basic palette should be fully open as a start)?

What if instead Master level unlocked a few new colors, at most what's in the "Classic Saturation" that you start with, but are mostly locked out of?

I like this idea.  While the color schemes are one of the few things that have to be bought with platinum and cannot be obtained any other way, the basic starting scheme at least should be allowed to be unlocked. I do like the idea of getting maybe a row of colors (i.e. light red across to dark red) from mastery level ups as the test alone grants nothing but the ability to craft higher weapons. By doing this it'll give people more of a reason to buy and try new things to level up to get that mastery rank and unlock all the colors so they can have more customization and not have 4 people in a group who all have the same colors. In the end, I think most people would be happy about this and DE would still make profit off of the other color schemes, cause really, who buys basic for 75P when you can buy all the other awesome colors for the same price? :P

Edited by ZRegretX

I like this idea.  While the color schemes are one of the few things that have to be bought with platinum and cannot be obtained any other way, the basic starting scheme at least should be allowed to be unlocked. I do like the idea of getting maybe a row of colors (i.e. light red across to dark red) from mastery level ups as the test alone grants nothing but the ability to craft higher weapons. By doing this it'll give people more of a reason to buy and try new things to level up to get that mastery rank and unlock all the colors so they can have more customization and not have 4 people in a group who all have the same colors. In the end, I think most people would be happy about this and DE would still make profit off of the other color schemes, cause really, who buys basic for 75P when you can buy all the other awesome colors for the same price? :P

Personally, I would be happy with even just one new column, of course I would like it if they let you choose which column, but only from the Classic ones, since you are already partially unlocked there anyway.

I totally agree with you