Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Small Open World Idea

Gwaiyn

Well, i'm probably going to get alot of hate and anger for this but, I had a small idea about adding a semi-open world hub for people to go into to talk and interact with npcs/other players

it won't be like, fully open world like an entire continent in world of warcraft but like a small city or town that you can land in and just casually walk around in, like those tiny cities in phantasy star if you've ever played that

what do you guys think? do you think it would be an interesting thing to add or would this be a terrible idea

I always thought the Dojo was a manifestation of this. More than 4 members can appear in each instance, from memory. I did have an idea months ago for something like this, but eh.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/4421-suggestion-the-sanctuary/page-2#entry32905

Maybe a directly designated "Tenno Planet" isn't the answer. Maybe, instead of one "Massive" central hub, as players clear and finish missions/planets (Particularly the Extermination missions), safe zones temporarily appear as one of the nodes on the level select menu (say, over the course of 3 to 6 hours) . These safe zones would be places where Tenno would be able to come and sip mocha and all that lovely stuff during the quiet before the storm. Eventually, the alarms would activate, blaring that faction x is inbound to reclaim/destroy the "empty" ship, and all the Tenno have to haul &#!/disconnect from the Safe Zone, lest they be wiped out by faction x's members.

Only so many of these safe zones would be available at any given time so as to prevent them from taking over EVERY planet, but it would both enforce that feeling that the Tenno constantly have to be moving, else they'd be eradicated, as well as allowing these hub desirers the ability to congregate and show off their epic gear they've accumulated.

Besides, I may or may not want to be captain of a Grineer ship or something.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

I think that while the idea would be interesting and while I would love to have something like that, I can see it as also being very problematic, and even impossible to actually put in.

A few reasons this would be hard/impossible

-To keep it always available they would need a dedicated server(s) for it.

-They admitted in a LS somewhere that they had to do a lot of tricks and hacks to make the game engine properly do the outside areas for the surface planets. I dont think that their engine could support a small city or town. Maybe a larger inside area, such as a large orokin tower or something, but not an outside city or town.

Those are the main reasons I dont think something like this will happen, even though it would be a very fun thing and I would enjoy it if they can somehow make it work.

Firstly, pretty much any level in a game will generally have a lot of smoke and mirror type stuff going on in the background to make it all tick in nowaday's gaming worlds. :p

As for dedicated servers, the Dojo system is a perfect example of how a P2P system could theoretically sustain a larger population of connections, the system could cherry pick the best internet connection out of the usergroup wanting to access these hubs and get them to host, allowing as many connections that can be safely supported (Let's just guesstimate it at between 15-30) For this reason, a dedicated system would hardly be required.

I would prefer more outside areas, but eh. They are tricky to make because they have to make them seem open whilst having definite choke points and entries.

Guys please.

Grineer got ships, not to mention Battle Ships like the Galleon. (and asteroids! They got freaking Asteroids)

Corpus got ships, not to mention whole planets bases

Even Infested have Ships (not their own HAHA!)

We, the Tenno, should have a "Void" ship. The End

Guys please.

Grineer got ships, not to mention Battle Ships like the Galleon. (and asteroids! They got freaking Asteroids)

If you look on the map, Dojo is a space station. :P And Grineer are getting planetary maps. I'm thinking a greenhouse style room in the Dojo with a big glass dome/half dome.

Dojo.

He said Open world to everyone. not Tiny ship for Clannies.

tumblr_mp9mzcfbCZ1sppmago1_400.gif

Guys please.

We're the good guys, we're supposed to have more.

Bad guys always have their little "hideouts" and whatso, and never leave it unless to face the good guys themselves.

But the good guys can always be pretty much anywhere.

Hang around in your hometown (A "physical" representation of our market, maybe? I know I'd like that), Be at home (I believe in our case that'd be the Solar UI), go and check out personally whatever place the "Lotus"s in...

For example, I think it'd be nice if after the login screen, we'd appear in a small ship (The Tennos/Lotus HQ, maybe?) and would hang around in there alone to either customize/build/change our stuff, or go do stuff. like go to the hangar in that ship, and take a spaceship to go to that "Small open world area" O.P. mentioned, and find people to team up with to do stuff.

Or we could have a room in that ship like the PvP room in the Dojos, but when sitting in it, instead of battling with someone, we'd "phase" into that "Solar System scenario" we have right now as a starting place, and pick a place to solo.

Anyway... just some complementary ideas to try and make it more real.