Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki is my calling help me be good with him

(XBOX)GrimVanD

Question

Ok guys so ive been playing warframe casually for a year and a half on xbox one and got a couple frames maxed out and even have nidus almost maxed....but out of all the frames ive tried i discovered loki was the one i have the most fun with by pure accident....i used to be into having the newest, flashiest frames but one day i was like ehhh ya know what ill try out one of the origonals and a freaking love playing loki...because call me crazy but i love the squishiness cuz it requires skill to play to par with other frames that could easily squish him and i want to get really good with him to the point that i could be a huge asset to a clan....cuz i want to get more communitively involed with the game and have potentially more fun that way....and please no trolls telling me ...."oh loki sucks use a better frame" or "aint gonna happen with loki" cuz honestly ive seen loki players on youtube freaking destroy with loki...and this community i feel is a better place to start than google....so guys id love ur advice and like i said i created this topic for help with getting good with loki....not to have elitist tell me to pick another frame 

2 answers to this question

Well, some keys to Loki group play is always Disarm and use your Decoy even though it doesn't help you and seems redundant.

There are generally two types of Disarm which helps Loki be versatile. Irradiating Disarm and Normal Disarm. A key to making use of his versatility is knowing which one you want for a group comp or mission type. Radiating Disarm is generally when you're the only CC frame available or Kill rate is not a top priority. Something like Mobile Defense for example. Normal Disarm is used in conjunction with another CC frame or to bottleneck enemies. It's more useful when kill rate matters most and you don't necessarily want enemies standing around fighting each other.

Decoy's value comes into play when used with Disarm. Enemies with guns will evaporate Decoy in a second but enemies suck with melee have to run over to the decoy. Placing your Decoy around corners, in between boxes and other off-the-path yet still nearby places will stretch a lot of value from it. Since Decoy has a higher threat level than Tenno an enemy will choose to go after the Decoy whenever it's equal or closer distance.

Crossfire is Loki's worst enemy, hence Disarm. However it's still a good idea to anticipate a crossfire situation and avoid from running in between non-stealth team mates and doors where enemies run in. Loki also gets melee stealth multipliers which increases his melee damage by x8 however this is also potentially very dangerous. Personally if you decide to melee I would stick with the long reach weapons like Whips or even Gunblades.

After this another aspect of Loki is the right build for the Job. Loki generally has 3 specs, kinda 4 and you'll want to use whichever suits your needs. I have 3 specialized builds to share that might help show a difference in purpose.

Spoiler

Loki Solo - Stealth

XBvfNGx.jpg

Loki Irradiating Disarm

ZgtJ7Cf.jpg

Loki Non-Radiating Disarm Hybrid

ID9ZIYW.jpg

11 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Well, some keys to Loki group play is always Disarm and use your Decoy even though it doesn't help you and seems redundant.

There are generally two types of Disarm which helps Loki be versatile. Irradiating Disarm and Normal Disarm. A key to making use of his versatility is knowing which one you want for a group comp or mission type. Radiating Disarm is generally when you're the only CC frame available or Kill rate is not a top priority. Something like Mobile Defense for example. Normal Disarm is used in conjunction with another CC frame or to bottleneck enemies. It's more useful when kill rate matters most and you don't necessarily want enemies standing around fighting each other.

Decoy's value comes into play when used with Disarm. Enemies with guns will evaporate Decoy in a second but enemies suck with melee have to run over to the decoy. Placing your Decoy around corners, in between boxes and other off-the-path yet still nearby places will stretch a lot of value from it. Since Decoy has a higher threat level than Tenno an enemy will choose to go after the Decoy whenever it's equal or closer distance.

Crossfire is Loki's worst enemy, hence Disarm. However it's still a good idea to anticipate a crossfire situation and avoid from running in between non-stealth team mates and doors where enemies run in. Loki also gets melee stealth multipliers which increases his melee damage by x8 however this is also potentially very dangerous. Personally if you decide to melee I would stick with the long reach weapons like Whips or even Gunblades.

After this another aspect of Loki is the right build for the Job. Loki generally has 3 specs, kinda 4 and you'll want to use whichever suits your needs. I have 3 specialized builds to share that might help show a difference in purpose.

Hide contents

Loki Solo - Stealth

XBvfNGx.jpg

Loki Irradiating Disarm

ZgtJ7Cf.jpg

Loki Non-Radiating Disarm Hybrid

ID9ZIYW.jpg

Thank you so much...this is exactly the kind of help i was really hoping to get ....i was gonna try and wing it and make up my own build completely blind and based on the modding knowledge ive learned while playing, but ive noticed on other sites that players have mentioned that loki is a tricky frame to mod to be really good and helpful for endgame...both for solo and co-op.....normally im pretty decent support when i set my missions to public and have another person tag along through matchmaking with other frames that arent so hard to build.....but my loki is only currently at level 19 and i thought i had him modded decent, but then when i played with an ash prime player he was devastating everything and i was barely a help, maybe even a burdon......it was really embarassing to say the least cuz im normally pretty even support with whoever i end up being on a mission with....i could only imagine the profanities the ash prime player was lashing out while doing the mission we were on cuz i was not up to my game the way my loki was modded before.....so thank u much again for the suggested builds, gonna be a big help....and hopefully i can one day get my hands on loki's prime version lol so far nekros prime is the only prime i own .....also while i think loki is awesome as is there is only one thing i would change if it was within my power.....instead of having switch teleport as the third ability have it changed to shapeshift teleport so that basically u choose an enemy (only) to switch places with and u become that said enemy and the enemy becomes loki but all ur weapons and powers comes with u to the new body so that when the enemy ends up in loki's old position and taking on loki's likeness (without his powers mind you the enemy is merely shapeshifted) that all the enemies will attack who they think is loki while you, as whatever enemy you switched places and appearances with, attacks and essentially flanks everyone ....and when they kill the fake loki u transform back into loki.....obviously only would work on non boss ememies, but that would be a whole lot better than the current teleport and be more accurate with the actual god's lore that loki is based off of.....also would be nice if the decoy actually did some damage with the gun it fires instead of just a lure :p

Edited by (XB1)XxSkullz667xX