The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix Mutagen Droprates!!!

CrazyCatLad

15 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

I'm not defending anything, I just stated a fact based on how the game actually works. If you're farming Nidus, you're not going to get any samples. I'm not saying it's fine or it's right, that's just they way it is and you and I both know DE isn't going to do anything about it. I actually agree that samples should have the same drop chance no matter what infested missions you run, but fat chance DE changes even that.

Well yay then!

On 3/6/2017 at 6:19 PM, Lanieu said:

Don't even get my started on the stupid RNG you added to this game mode that has only granted me one Nidus piece out of about 9 eligible rounds (8 games played; this game I went to Round 8.)

be lucky, it took me 63 total games to get all the parts, could not ever get the chassis for it. But I didn't mind, why? Because i got to bullS#&$ with my friends and play a fun game.

16 hours ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

No.

It's literally not worth farming atm no matter what.

This is OP's point he's not asking where he can get 10 instead of 1.

I dunno.... again, been getting 20 to 30+ muta samples per derelict runs if I break all containers and murk some extra enemies. Sure sometimes it be lower but rng is rng.

Drop rate is miserably bad on any other planets but derelict is a passable spot to farm em in my experience. Is it an issue? somewhat. Is there no way to get around it per se? There're ways to go about it if ya don't rush things and just grind as you do with pre much all other stuffs in the game.

Still, again, increased drop rate ain't gonn hurt.

On 3/6/2017 at 9:19 PM, Lanieu said:

Seriously.....1,360 kills in one mission and they only drop 1 mutagen sample.

Eris Infested Salvage. Fix it DE.

qxz620j.jpg

Don't even get my started on the stupid RNG you added to this game mode that has only granted me one Nidus piece out of about 9 eligible rounds (8 games played; this game I went to Round 8.) Forcing me to Synoid Cheese because of the RNG layers you add to grindy game modes.

EDIT: Yes I know where mutagens drop more frequently. Even more, the single mutagen I got was probably from a crate I destroyed at the spawn. Even further solidifying my point.

You think thats bad. Saw a video of a guy who did a 7 hour ODS. Saryn Prime, Banshee, Frost Prime and Nekros Prime squad.. He only got 677 Mutagen samples.. after 7... flipping.. hours... granted he was not using a booster but that is ridiculous.... 

On 09.03.2017 at 5:46 AM, Tsardova said:

I dunno.... again, been getting 20 to 30+ muta samples per derelict runs if I break all containers and murk some extra enemies. Sure sometimes it be lower but rng is rng.

I don't know what you "don't know". 

(12:13) Full party with Nekros, 7 hours of playing with 14k+ kills and all you get is 600 m samples. Madness and stupidity.

Drop rate is miserably bad on any other planets but derelict is a passable spot to farm em in my experience.

It's not. It's a bs place and bs drop rate. Breaking more containers isn't a way to farm it either.

All containers do is have relatively high % to drop rare resources but that method only works with things like argon in the void because you often need 2-3 of those not 5000 and even then again you won't guaranteed get argon from containers and breaking them is better only because they drop almost as "often" as m samples rom enemies so runninge survival takes longer than running several captures. 

You think thats bad. Saw a video of a guy who did a 7 hour ODS. Saryn Prime, Banshee, Frost Prime and Nekros Prime squad.. He only got 677 Mutagen samples.. after 7... flipping.. hours... granted he was not using a booster but that is ridiculous.... 

^

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

On 3/8/2017 at 5:46 PM, Tsardova said:

Drop rate is miserably bad on any other planets but derelict is a passable spot to farm em in my experience. Is it an issue? somewhat. Is there no way to get around it per se? There're ways to go about it if ya don't rush things and just grind as you do with pre much all other stuffs in the game.

Still, again, increased drop rate ain't gonn hurt.

Derelict shouldn't require keys and extractors should be usable on derelict.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 3:11 PM, -Temp0- said:

I don't know what you "don't know". 

(12:13) Full party with Nekros, 7 hours of playing with 14k+ kills and all you get is 600 m samples. Madness and stupidity.

It's not. It's a bs place and bs drop rate. Breaking more containers isn't a way to farm it either.

All containers do is have relatively high % to drop rare resources but that method only works with things like argon in the void because you often need 2-3 of those not 5000 and even then again you won't guaranteed get argon from containers and breaking them is better only because they drop almost as "often" as m samples rom enemies so runninge survival takes longer than running several captures. 

^

well.... Have fun moping I suppose. (.w.   ||) People pitched their suggestion to help out on your predicament but ya just kept throwin em out the window.

Been getting quite some samples from containers even if it's rng. Putting rng into the whole argument is redundant in the first place since we're already talking bout it to begin with. Yes the drop rate is low but it is an option to look at when everything seems to yield so little; any option helps if you're so desperate for m samples.

Also.... "that method only works with things like argon in the void-" ..... what?.....

Why are we bringing argon crystals into this again? They're never "rare" in the first place. Corrupted vor is pre much there if ya somehow refuse to break containers and think boosters are the only way to nab argons.

Sitting at 9k spare muta samples after crafting all available bio-weapons (including the friggin hema) in the game all just from running random Oro Derelict runs farmin corrupt mods the past few days. Feelin like the issue is more about inner instinct to rush things on top of the low drop rate than just the latter....

well.... Have fun moping I suppose. (.w.   ||) People pitched their suggestion to help out on your predicament but ya just kept throwin em out the window.

Have fun farning like warframe is your second jib and you're a slave to DE.

As I said you will get any kind of reasonable drop only with both boosters and a full farming squad including nekros and hydroid which means you need to 1 spend platinum to get at least one booster if you wasn't lucky with the sorties/rewards 2 you still need 3 more peopel willing to farm it which will be getting harder and harder to get as the time goes on.

So unless you have a dedicated clanmates, farming m samples is not effective or efficient because at teh absolute most under all mentioned circumstances you can get around 150-200 in 30 minutes in Derelict. Without boosters and with Nekros alone you will get 3 to 5 times less. Unless the drop rate is increased there's no reason to farm samples right now - at least for a Hema, not a single one it doesn't matter where you're farming it.

Also.... "that method only works with things like argon in the void-" ..... what?.....

Why are we bringing argon crystals into this again? They're never "rare" in the first place

You're high.

Both argon crystals and m samples are rare resources. That's why you have a bigger chance to get them as well as neural sensors from crates and bosses rather than normal enemies (and that's why no one had enough neurodes until the Moon became a thing because Sentients are mini bosses) and that's why a resource booster is better for farming all 3 of them, and resource chance booster is mostly useless alone when going for rare resources. With resource booster you can get 2 up to 8 neural sensors from Alad V and 2 to 6 m samples from enemies and resource drop chance doesn't affect bosses and barely affects m samples drops if used alone. 

In short m samples IS a rare resource with a horrible drop rate and nothing in existance can excuse the minimum of 5000 requirenment for them in a lab research and there's not a single "efficient" way of farming them because even teh most efficient will take weeks of dedicated work. You still will need to spend ~80 platinum and even after this will need to farm for days like a madman.

Corrupted vor is pre much there if ya somehow refuse to break containers and think boosters are the only way to nab argons.

Learn to read. You only ever need 2 to 5 argons so you can get them quickly by breaking containers - and breaking containers is efficient way of getting argon because it's rare resource which means the drop rate from enemies is poor and a chance to get them from containers is higher. But higher means just better compared to killing mobs - which gain means that they barely drops them, not that it's raining argon or mutagen samples from containers.

M samples are  also a rare resource but you need 5000 at bare minimum not 5 making container hunting ineffective, and getting 20-30 from a single derelict mission from containers is also a "luck" because just as easily you can get 1 to 10.

Sitting at 9k spare muta samples after crafting all available bio-weapons (including the friggin hema) in the game all just from running random Oro Derelict runs farmin corrupt mods the past few days. Feelin like the issue is more about inner instinct to rush things on top of the low drop rate than just the latter....

I call bullsht getting 10+ k m samples in jsut a "few days" unless you just lived in Derelict.

Even if you did, again, it's not the most efficient way. By breaking every single container and wandering around you spend more time getting your 20-30 samples than you would by playing 10 waves of ODD.