Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Full status puncture HEK question

Cimbro94

Question

So i had an idea of a build not regarding killing enemies, but rather reducing the damage that an enemy could deal to you.

So i thought using a normal HEK with a full status build as follows:

Scattering inferno

Shell shock

Toxic barrage

Frigid blast

Nano applicator or status riven

Hell's chamber

Scattering justice

Breach loader

Now my question is: how can i measure the effectiveness of all the puncture procs? Is there some calculations to do?

Can someone helping me testing for it?

2 answers to this question

Make sure you have 100% status on the HEK. Otherwise going for status makes no sense. There are few youtube videos out there that explain why shotguns need 100% status. 

How does puncture work. As far as I understand each proc reduces the damage output by 30%. This means a single proc will result in 70% damage from that enemy.

Another proc on top of that mean 70%*70% damage form that enemy: 49% damage output. This means a reduction by 51%.

Another proc on top of the previous two means 70%*70%*70% damage from that enemy: 34% damage. This means a reduction of 64%. 

You can test this in the simulacrum and should use Inaros. You have to play around with the enemies because they need to be high level enough to not get killed by the Hek powerhouse but not too high to get you killed. 

Edited by k05h

Going off of some youtubers, for shotguns each pellet has a chance to proc a status effect. 100% status guarantees at least one pellet with proc(in reality its more like 4 depending on how many pellets are shot each round.) Multi-shot improves those chances as well. Either way Hek/Vaykor Hek is going to be hitting pretty hard regardless.