Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets talk about getting Kuva and the Kuva Fortress

(XBOX)Rancheroni

It's no secret that the Kuva Fortress is fairly underplayed. It's also no secret that running Kuva siphons over and over and over can get a little, well, mundane.  Hearing the Lotus express her utter confusion at what the Hek that siphon exactly is.  I know some folks hate running siphons again and again for ~600 kuva to reroll that 14 roll Riven.  Why not have small amounts of Kuva added to the drop tables of Kuva units(or maybe just guardians, I dunno)

However, this really wont change the amount of people playing on the Kuva Fortress. Now to alleviate this issue, I've got a simple fix in mind! Make Kuva a rotation C drop on Kuva endless missions and rare cache drops.  Make this scale to the drops of the siphon mission as well, but I imagine increasing the amount of Kuva gained from Kuva siphons by double and then having the drops from the fortress be at ~600 Kuva would really give an incentive to playing both the siphons and the Kuva fortress.

I'm not the first to say that 600 Kuva isn't enough from one run, lots of folks say the only way to farm Kuva is with a booster.  Just this simple change will really make people wanna play on the Kuva fortress as well as running siphons.

A mini raid style kuva siphon mission, where we are doing the siphoning would be cool. Starts with having the infiltrate the fortress and do a decent puzzle in a sabotage style game to unlock the kuva chamber. ending in a defense style mission similar to the newer defense missions on Neptune I believe. every 5 waves rewards normal siphon level kuva amounts to start but the amount increases by some % the longer you stay in the mission.(starting enemy levels 45-50) and a higher level version that rewards flood level kuva to start(starting enemy level 90-100). This adds a reliable way to get the kuva for players that can handle the enemies. I'm not sure how well this would cut down the grind but it would add more of a reason to visit the fortress other than sorties and the mythical stance(by far my favorite tiles in the game!)

11 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

(by far my favorite tiles in the game!)

For sure! I really love the music that plays in the Fortress, as well as the tiles themselves.  Not too fond of the defense tile, but beyond that it's a really robust tile that I'm sure DE worked their buns off making.  Adding Kuva to the drops would really boost the amount of players on the tileset

I love the kuva tile set. However, i disagree that kuva should be a reward from endless. the implied point of the siphon and flood mission is that we're stopping them from collecting it from the planets. If they are trying to collect (and we're supposed to be stopping) i don't see how it being a rotation c drop makes any sense. Getting Kuva from sabotage and assault makes more sense than "oh i stayed in here for 20 waves/minutes i have this arbitrary amount of kuva...yay". We're stealing it, it's technically not a reward. An altered form of hijack that appears at the same time as the kuva starts to move on from a planet could work too, as you would be taking back whatever they managed to get from the adjacent planets.

Edited by (PS4)kaibloodedge1

25 minutes ago, (PS4)kaibloodedge1 said:

Getting Kuva from sabotage and assault makes more sense than "oh i stayed in here for 20 waves/minutes i have this arbitrary amount of kuva...yay". We're stealing it, it's technically not a reward.

Technically, rewards from endless such as survival is because we are distracting the enemy while another operative raids the faction.  In the Fortresses' case, another operative is raiding Kuva stores.  It makes sense, I do agree that Siphons are supposed to be highlighted as the #1 way to get kuva, so maybe boosting the rewards from them and reducing their frequency would help.  If I got triple the Kuva from siphons and the opportunity to only play them 1/3 as often I'd be content

Yes! Kuva should drop in the Kuva fortress!

However, it shouldn't be just a normal drop on that tileset because then people would make it into a loot cave for kuva with the appropriate spamming of nekros and hydroid. Instead, make it like Lua where instead of sentients, kuva guardians come every rotation, and they drop, say, 75 kuva a piece. Alternatively, kuva could drop as rewards from spy vaults or from caches in assault missions for non-endless players.

4 hours ago, Zergoss said:

Anything else would be better than the current system to get Kuva honestly

The current system is not bad it encourages players to try out different tile sets on different planets the only problem I have is with the Kuva reroll cost on neutral and strong disposition weapons