Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thinking on quitting, need some help.

(XBOX)BubbyTekk

Question

Ok. Reached rank 11 recently, unlocked Eris, went to the first node on Eris and got obliterated. I've got max vitality/redirection..max flow/streamline/continuity among a couple others. Using Ember with a reactor so 60 mod capacity. Using a soma for main weapon. World on fire when I can. Getting one shot pretty regularly with about 820 shields and health. I just don't know what to do to get better, stronger, more durable. I solo most missions because I don't have a lot of friends that play. Just dropped 80 on Valkyr Prime pack, so I don't want to quit but don't feel like I can progress anymore. Any tips or help would be great.

Edited by (XB1)BubbyTekk
Wrong wording

16 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

While that's true, it doesn't change the fact that some weapons are objectively better than others.

Not a problem if you intend to build and keep every weapon in the game, but for players on a 'budget' who only want to keep a limited selection of weapons, a Soma Prime will always beat out a Mk1-Braton.

Can't get soma prime anymore it's vaulted right?

huh didn't the OP say he has valk? Melee on eris always did the trick for me just build with corrosive heat on a decently ranged melee weapon and drop those fools and if you get low on health activate hysteria heal and deactivate hysteria.

17 hours ago, (Xbox One)BubbyTekk said:

Ok, I have a few other frames, but I like the dps types. What others would you suggest? I have Nova, Chroma, Limbo, Saryn cooking right now and will be ready this weekend. 

I have mag, Valkyr P, Rhino, Nyx, Ember.

Sayrn is great for dealing with crowds. Get her molt augment for healing her.

I hate to say it, but ditch redirection and vitality, and get flow and quick thinking (someone in the forum's should be willing to give you QT if you ask nicely, otherwise 3 platinum should get you what you need). In addition, and this is the part I regret suggesting, git gud m8. The parkour system is your friend, and if you can't make nice pub helps. I'd also recommend getting new frames if you can, any you can get your hands on and FIND A CLAN. I can't tell you how much faster progression is with 1 or 2 extra buds to help you out.

30 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

I hate to say it, but ditch redirection and vitality, and get flow and quick thinking (someone in the forum's should be willing to give you QT if you ask nicely, otherwise 3 platinum should get you what you need). In addition, and this is the part I regret suggesting, git gud m8. The parkour system is your friend, and if you can't make nice pub helps. I'd also recommend getting new frames if you can, any you can get your hands on and FIND A CLAN. I can't tell you how much faster progression is with 1 or 2 extra buds to help you out.

Hey. believe it or not I have a HUGE clan. The Hidden Shinobi. I often ask in clan chat and alliance chat for help..I'd say maybe 2 out of 10 times asking someone replies. Most are too busy with vault runs, Akkad, or farming credits or for relics. But I do try and ask for help. As for getting good, I'm 45 years old so the reflexes aren't as good as they used to be, and I was never good at parkour..lol :)

my advice would be invest in more defensive and cc centred frames like Nova witch you have or even Equinox witch can deal damage and stay alive.

Also head to YouTube for builds to get ideas from if you haven't already and find a clan or play on public more because even after eris higher level grineer or corpus interception, defense etc get annoying solo

If your reflexes aren't great, you could probably cut your teeth on higher tier, endgame content with more forgiving, hardened frames like Chroma or Inaros (or the tankier frames you already have like Valkyr or Rhino). More health and armor will be a little bit more forgiving in the higher content, but you'll need to perfect your kit, too. As others have said, read up on effective weapons and builds and you'll be able to clear the starchart with relative ease.