Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with Substance Painter

Rekkou

So i just started using substance painter, but got into some problem with the tint masking. So far what i understand is that the fill layer on the tint layers correspond to the tint colors in Evolution shader. But tint 0 doesn't have fill layer beneath it and changing the colors of TintColor0 on the shader doesn't seem to change anything. On the steam workshop help page, TintColor0 seems to be connected to the base layer. But on my end, it doesn't seem to be connected.

Screenshot2_zps3awhx253.jpg

Activate your Base again and look for "user0" under your Material settings (you should see "color, height, rough, etc...) click it and it should be already set to red if not change it.

If you don't see user0 on your Material, you have to manually add the channel under your TextureSet Settings Tab ( Channels  +) and user0 should be set to RGB8.

1 hour ago, -FrellingHazmot- said:

Activate your Base again and look for "user0" under your Material settings (you should see "color, height, rough, etc...) click it and it should be already set to red if not change it.

If you don't see user0 on your Material, you have to manually add the channel under your TextureSet Settings Tab ( Channels  +) and user0 should be set to RGB8.

Already did, but it doesn't seem to change anything

If you don't mind, can you show me your setup? What's supposed to happen if this works properly? Where do you put the masking for tint0? And where do you adjust the color for Tint0? Nobody else seems to have problem with this, so i must have missed something

Screenshot3_zps6gblswsn.jpg

You don't need an alpha mask on your Base, otherwise you'll end up with a halo around your tints. I see your problem though, you have "color" selected, uncheck that on all your tints layers and you should be able to modify the colors with the Evo shader. Having "color" and "user" both active conflicts with each other.

The only time I have "color" active is when I want to export different color schemes into Marmoset in which case I add an inverted mask to the Base color(Tint 0) Right click Base> Add White Mask> Add mask with color selection and export a vertex color map. It doesn't bake out the color from the shader, so you have to manually assign the Base colors. Make sure to turn users off.

Also, I had problems with the _tintmask map not working in Tennogen but adding a black fill layer in between my Tints fixes that. Bare this in mind you might not have to do this though.

Off

Pps45He.png

On

YnhcFt9.png

14 hours ago, Rekkou said:

So i just started using substance painter, but got into some problem with the tint masking. So far what i understand is that the fill layer on the tint layers correspond to the tint colors in Evolution shader. But tint 0 doesn't have fill layer beneath it and changing the colors of TintColor0 on the shader doesn't seem to change anything. On the steam workshop help page, TintColor0 seems to be connected to the base layer. But on my end, it doesn't seem to be connected.

Screenshot2_zps3awhx253.jpg

One question, I'm starting now with texturing, those lines are all done in texture?(without any sculpting the chest model)

2 hours ago, (PS4)Sanitaurus said:

One question, I'm starting now with texturing, those lines are all done in texture?(without any sculpting the chest model)

The lines comes from curvature map and AO map that you baked from the high poly sculpt

• 2 months later...