Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I deal with a Bursa?

mosaickle

Question

8 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

You all forgot to mention the best and easiest way to stop Bursa.  Turn off the Alarms by hacking the terminal.  Doing this one thing will allow you to completely bypass even seeing a bursa.  Of coarse this is only viable if you aren't farming Bursa.  :D

Kind of a problem when you're running a high level mission solo

5 hours ago, Atylia said:

How so?  There are only a few mission types where you have to fight them: Exterminate, Defense, Interception (maybe) - I think that's all of them.  For the rest (e.g., Spy, Capture) you can just run away if you don't want to deal with them.

Personally, I solo Exterminate (gives me the time to smash all the containers, look for Cephalon fragments, etc.) while Defense and Interception are more fun with a team.  All you really need to do is pay attention to where the Control Consoles are.  When you set off the alarms, run back a few rooms and find a Console.  Personally, I like the ones in the little closets - throw up a defensive shield if you have it (Frost bubble, Mag shield, etc.) to block the doorway and hack the Console.  I was running Pluto just last night and this worked fine.

And yes, as others have said - stun them and shoot them in the back.  I use Frost's #1 and a Radiation Atomos - melts them quick.

Good luck, Tenno.

9 hours ago, Atylia said:

I run solo all the time. It's somewhat easier because you don't have to worry about someone else tripping the alarms again right after you disable them. Also stealth tactics actually work when solo. :D. I'm not just referring to invisibility frames.

Since you're fairly new and also like solo play, feel free to look me up in game. I'll be happy to assist you with missions and/or answer questions as they come to you.

18 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

You all forgot to mention the best and easiest way to stop Bursa.  Turn off the Alarms by hacking the terminal.  Doing this one thing will allow you to completely bypass even seeing a bursa.  Of coarse this is only viable if you aren't farming Bursa.  :D

4 hours ago, (PS4)HammerOfTheMist said:

There are only a few mission types where you have to fight them: Exterminate, Defense, Interception (maybe) - I think that's all of them.  For the rest (e.g., Spy, Capture) you can just run away if you don't want to deal with them.

I did want to bring this up, Hammer got it though.

I know for sure that they can and do spawn in some Defense Missions. Even just running a Corpus alert past the low planets you'll normally see at least 2 of them show up in the last wave of the Alert.

So there are some times where you will just have to fight them, so knowing what to do is pretty important there.

And don't they also show up when DE runs a "Proxy" Weekend Event?  (Rebellion, Retribution, Re-something if/when it comes back in 2017).

Cheers.
~R~