The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Video resolution stuck at highest possible

junyynyyn

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but my warframe windowed mode is stuck on the highest possible video resolution (2560 x 1600) and I am unable to turn it down. This is kinda a problem for me because when I try to play I have about 20 fps or less. Also the HUD is really small and difficult to see. This happened after I attempted to change my display resolution from 1280x800 to 1440x900 and now it is stuck on 2560 x 1600 for some reason. When I try to dial down the resolution, it keeps the same video resolution but decreases the window size. I reinstalled the game but this didn't fix it. Can someone please help me fix this?

Edited by junyynyyn

Got to your *:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Warframe folder. Open EE.cfg in a text editior.

Or go to %appdata%, back out 1 Folder depth and enter the Folder named Local, then Warframe..

Near the bottom of the text EE.cfg file you can find your resolution setting.

You may also completely delete the file if you don't mind losing your other settings. A new file will be generated when you startup the game again. You might then also be able to change the resolution from inside the game.

Edited by cx-dave

6 hours ago, junyynyyn said:

When I try to dial down the resolution, it keeps the same video resolution but decreases the window size.

Do you mean that when you lower the resolution it only displays in a smaller section in the of your monitor surrounded by black? If that is the case it sounds like you monitor doesn't scale(stretch) lower resolutions to fill the screen, so you might want to look in you GPU's control panel for a display scaling setting and trying setting it to do the scaling on the GPU.

6 hours ago, qeuu said:

Do you mean that when you lower the resolution it only displays in a smaller section in the of your monitor surrounded by black?

When I am using windowed mode, I try to scale down the display resolution and it only makes the game window smaller, but the same resolution. I was playing on a smaller resolution (1280x800)  before this problem, then I tried to switch to 1440x900 and now it's stuck on 2560x1600.