Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Negative Flight Speed affects hitscan shotgun damage falloff distance.

(PSN)vinster

Question

I tried searching the forums, wikia and Google to find a definitive answer or discussion on this but to no avail.

On the PS4 Warframe, I have a 'great' Boar riven with +Damage,+Multishot,+Status Chance, but -Flight Speed (-82%). A friend then told me that the -82% Flight Speed reduces the falloff damage distance for the Boar to around 3 meters or so.

When I checked it out in the Simulcrum, it appears to confirm it.  At around 3 to 4 meters away from the target, I started seeing half the damage values.  When I take the riven off and compared, I only saw half the damage halved when I was greater than 15 meters away.

Can anyone confirm if this intended by the devs or a bug?  Thanks.

3 answers to this question

17 hours ago, (PS4)vinster said:

I tried searching the forums, wikia and Google to find a definitive answer or discussion on this but to no avail.

On the PS4 Warframe, I have a 'great' Boar riven with +Damage,+Multishot,+Status Chance, but -Flight Speed (-82%). A friend then told me that the -82% Flight Speed reduces the falloff damage distance for the Boar to around 3 meters or so.

When I checked it out in the Simulcrum, it appears to confirm it.  At around 3 to 4 meters away from the target, I started seeing half the damage values.  When I take the riven off and compared, I only saw half the damage halved when I was greater than 15 meters away.

Can anyone confirm if this intended by the devs or a bug?  Thanks.

So without riven , it did better? Weird

7 hours ago, DesuTronic said:

Concidering it has any affect at all on a hitscan weapon I'd it is intended. If it's not then they might want to keep it since it's a good idea.

I'm leaning on the fact that it was intended since Rivens were introduced.  Would be nice if the wikia were updated as such.  I've seen some old post from people selling rivens and claiming that the negative Flight Speed is a harmless negative on shotguns, which is not the case.  If I do put up a short youtube showing the effects, I'll link it here.

Or perhaps I can get confirmation when I meet some of the DE folks at TennoCon 2017... :)