Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

conclave is fine the way it is.

(XBOX)Dark SalvationX

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:56 PM, Heckzu said:

It's precisely those people who do nothing but trade kills to farm standing that we don't want playing in Conclave, as they don't contribute to the game mode or community and are essentially leeches. 

Personally I don't blame much of anyone for boosting for the cosmetics, and nor is it their fault that DE doesn't fill the loopholes in doing it. Regardless even though I'm definitely no fan of this PvP, as seen by my issues with rebounding bullet jumpers' galore, it does deserve more attention to provide a better PvP community away from boosters. Sadly you could say "your one to talk" as I boosted for a while and still helped a few buddies of mine to get their cosmetics, I still find fun and challenge outta playing vs players better than me to get better... even though I suck lol, particularly with "quick-scoping", I'll eventually get to the top.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:24 AM, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

I hit people when they aim glide....like they are just walking

I wait for people to land when they bullet jump.....predictable

Don't like lag? Change your connection or don't play with laggy people. 

*key to all issues in conclave*

PRACTICE 

I've hit people aim gliding with Javlok throws, covered

Most people that bullet jump normally at the last second go left or right or do a mini jump to throw off aim right before they touch down, not that easy to predict

Nope I certainly don't like lag but I still try to put up with it despite my saying this PvP is terrible, yet somehow wants me playing more... except Lunaro

Obviously practice is the key duh lol.

Edited by (PS4)Benjamin_Draco

47 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

The results of being caught boosting generally leads to be known as disgraceful or a cheat that nobody respects. 

But then one otta question why do it? It's not just a matter of being disgraceful or a cheat, figure out why first. I've had my fair share of PvP in my 20 years of gaming and a reward system with it, or a store vendor in the least. In the case of Warframe PvP the most common complaint is too much time for little reward and fun in the process. And also bullet jumping without any sort of counter to it other than the typical "Learn how to aim".

Now there is the obvious 'get better, learn to aim, practice' blah blah blah... but that only goes so far for a lot when they're late to the game. I myself can do well enough to stay around 1.5-1.7 K/D in deathmatch/team deathmatch modes, though I suck a** at Lunaro lol. But for others if the fun aspect goes out the window you might as well think of it as a chore to get outta the way and leave everyone else to their own. Sadly that's what I've come to think of Warframe PvP, even though I really do wanna play it.

The only 2 PvP game where I wasted hours a day playing was Section 8 and Section 8: Prejudice. There were no vendors for jazzing up your armor, there was no real incentive to play other than for absolute fun. Sure the cheap combo of Pulse Cannon/Siphon Tool was annoying to no end, but there were plenty of ways to counter it and have fun at it. Oh the amount of knife kills I acquired on those users was glorious! And the permanent rare Section 8 T-shirt and poster I won from two tournaments, love 'em!

Warframe PvP obviously just feels like it was put there just in case someone(s) wanted some challenge. I myself like a challenge, but not one where a lobby is filled with the well known bullet jumpers that wait for someone to briefly stop moving before going for a pot shot. Sure I'll suck it up and deal with it until I can buy the cosmetics I want from Teshin, but it is far easier to start your own lobby and boost rep for the items than to put up with the frustration of one feature that has no balance to it other than the typical "learn how to aim".

Still despite all that I still wanna play it cause it is interesting, frustratingly so if I may say though.

spelling

9 hours ago, (PS4)Benjamin_Draco said:

But for others if the fun aspect goes out the window you might as well think of it as a chore to get outta the way and leave everyone else to their own. Sadly that's what I've come to think of Warframe PvP, even though I really do wanna play it.

I believe people like you would benefit very greatly from two things: a better ranking/rating system, and more players to populate that system. I don't think many people are opposed to that, and it would greatly benefit your enjoyment without drawing fun from the highest skilled players you describe. It would help change Conclave from more of a "chore" to an evenly matched brawl.

19 hours ago, squidd said:

I believe people like you would benefit very greatly from two things: a better ranking/rating system, and more players to populate that system. I don't think many people are opposed to that, and it would greatly benefit your enjoyment without drawing fun from the highest skilled players you describe. It would help change Conclave from more of a "chore" to an evenly matched brawl.

Ouch I know I'm not good and still getting in the groove but don't point it out lol. Anyway a ranking/rating system would do good, but it'd be kinda difficult to implement systemwise.

Also there is the rising complaint and legitimate issue of unlimited bullet jumping hindering matches to where it's difficult, and not in a fun way, to score a kill or progress the match. That is what drives a lot of people away, but one could say that weeds out the people that are used to mainstream generic 1st person/3rd person shooter videogames. Though I don't think that one feature alone should drive away potential players from going against one another.

Personally if there was a way DE could put a cooldown on just bullet jumping, not rolling or sprinting or dodging, if one uses it too much so one uses it strategically rather than playing acrobatics in Circusframe that'd be something easier to implement instead of a ranking system. Honestly I've seen people just jumping and ricocheting desperately to where I literally leave the room until Circusframers get back into the game. And me having done it to others just to see how it hinders a match is just boring, annoying and aggravating sometimes.

spelling