Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I get nearly one shot while playing Valkyr Prime?

MooseCadets

Question

I was playing a corrupted void mission with 40-50 level enemies and I nearly got one shot by one guy. From my memory it wasn't like a corrupted heavy gunner or anything, but I was wondering how this might happen. I feel like even with 1700+ armor I don't feel like I can just stand in fire as much as some other frames that aren't classified as "tanky" frames.

9 answers to this question

if u happen to die to them often i offer this build tip. vitality,steel fiber, rage, flow (preferrably primed) and quick thinking. u get your energy topped + u get chance to use hysteria to avoid death (then go rampage heal up ect...) altho if extremely heavy u might end up with like 200-400 energy cuz qt uses some to keep you alive .-.

sorry i went bit off the topic c.c buuut the guy above me already gave proper answer

Yeah, sadly it seems that high Armor protects us much less than we would like.

Whereas enemy Armor scales so high that it can be hard to even tickle the enemy sometimes.

iirc right after Val'Prime came out there were several posts wondering if her Armor was bugged because she was getting wrecked.

Same thing there, Armor just doesn't provide as much protection as we expect.

I don't know what the level values matched with each enemy type turn into as actual numbers, but let's say you manage to get 90% damage reduction which is pretty high but do-able.
Then you get hit for 10,000 damage.
Reduce that by 90% you're still going to take 1,000 damage.

And some of the "lesser" mobs (Corrupted Crewman!) in Void can actually do a lot more damage than we might expect too. 

Cheers!
~R~

*Tenno-ed by Oranji on the Corrupted Crewman part, haha. GG!

Edited by Rolunde
added comment*

enemies in void doing 3x dmg... its will take u time to get used to it.. they are not joke at all...heavy gunners  bombards need to be u priority to kill first... dont count to much on u armor and vitality.. hide wen u need.. use parkour jump... do whatever  but u must be very mobile...insted of steel fiber i would use quick thinking.. armor    dosent mean to much in actual game..

4 minutes ago, ashrah said:

enemies in void doing 3x dmg... its will take u time to get used to it.. they are not joke at all...heavy gunners  bombards need to be u priority to kill first... dont count to much on u armor and vitality.. hide wen u need.. use parkour jump... do whatever  but u must be very mobile...insted of steel fiber i would use quick thinking.. armor    dosent mean to much in actual game..

Exactly. And exactly why the whole Eximus Weak Point changes are so polarizing to so many... enemies are far more dangerous than they seem, but most don't know this because they don't run "end-game" which is essentially 1 hour and up.

1 hour ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

Exactly. And exactly why the whole Eximus Weak Point changes are so polarizing to so many... enemies are far more dangerous than they seem, but most don't know this because they don't run "end-game" which is essentially 1 hour and up.

first time wen i maxed my chroma ppl talk how he was extremly tanky.. i slap on him arcane guardian arcane grace... steel fibber.. over 200%power... i  go to void t4 to test it..  and about 1 h.... 2 heavy gunner show up... wow.. they strip u down just like that that why i dont like to count to much on def in wf