Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Cernos Riven is the better one? ("Dual Crit" vs "Dual Crit + Damage")

NativeKiller

Question

I thought the latter one would probably the better one but decided to ask my fellow Tenno since I really suck at math. :3

I am thinking of selling the lesser riven mod so yeah. :D

This is the Rakta Cernos build that I am using.

(Yeah, I switched out the dual crit riven mod for the dual crit + damage riven mod to show you the changes.

Should I switch Primed Fast Hands for Bladed Rounds?

(I am not very good at twitch-aiming but thought the extra damage from Bladed Rounds would probably be overkill anyways.)

Thanks in advance! ;3

P.S// The "hardest" content I will be playing with this set up would probably be "Sortie 3 - Bows only"

Edited by NativeKiller

4 answers to this question

The one with normal damage.

It's enough to guarantee crit, and the 10% increase of crit damage is probably not enough to offset the normal damage increase, which, relative to the stat with Serration on is about 25%.

1+1.65+1.02 = 3.67

1/3.67 being the damage increase given by the riven with damage stat.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

5 minutes ago, AlphaSierraMike said:

The one with normal damage.

It's enough to guarantee crit, and the 10% increase of crit damage is probably not enough to offset the normal damage increase, which, relative to the stat with Serration on is about 25%.

1+1.65+1.02 = 3.67

1/3.67 being the damage increase given by the riven with damage stat.

Ooh I see, thanks!

Also if I may ask, what would be your opinion on "Primed Fast Hands" vs "Bladed Rounds"? :3

Edited by NativeKiller

Just now, NativeKiller said:

Ooh I see, thanks.

Uhm, what would be your opinion on "Primed Fast Hands" vs "Bladed Rounds" if you would be willing to give me one? :3

I don't have any spare ones, I only got Primed Fast Hands because it worked in PvP before and only have one Blade Rounds. I never really needed either one on the Rakta Cernos, or the Cernos P. I would put another element in there, just because I can't stand being handicapped against a portion of the dudes, Grineers being Alloys and Ferrites and all. It's more consistent in general.

1 minute ago, AlphaSierraMike said:

I don't have any spare ones, I only got Primed Fast Hands because it worked in PvP before and only have one Blade Rounds. I never really needed either one on the Rakta Cernos, or the Cernos P. I would put another element in there, just because I can't stand being handicapped against a portion of the dudes, Grineers being Alloys and Ferrites and all. It's more consistent in general.

I see, thanks for your input!

You were a really big help! :)