Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mire Dot?

KF5AQX

Question

I have just built the Mire, but before I begin to mod it, I have a question. Does the poison damage over time mod? Would Pressure Point increase the damage done each tick? What about Sundering Strike? Would that make it armor piercing poison?

8 answers to this question

I have just built the Mire, but before I begin to mod it, I have a question. Does the poison damage over time mod? Would Pressure Point increase the damage done each tick? What about Sundering Strike? Would that make it armor piercing poison?

Armor piercing wouldn't do nothing because it's treated as an Elemental Damage Type. O:

AP is treated like all other elemental damage in that it is extra damage calculated as a percentage of the of the base physical, with the bonus that it ignores armour. So yes adding ap is extra damage, except for infested whose resists are higher against ap and the slot is better used for something else. However, as mire does around 70% less damage to infested its the last weapon you would want to use against them

Further, you should know mire has problems with hit registration, in practice the weapon is mediocre, it has no knock-down jump attack, doesn't stun/stagger and its charge damage is crap.

Edited by HexCaliber

Mire does not do dot damage and will act just like an elemental mod that doesn't scale with ANYTHING.

It will always do 4 damage per normal attack unless DE does something to it.

Edit: I'm talking about its poison damage, btw.

Edited by gundam146

Really? The Wiki mentioned it did DoT damage. *sigh* Wiki, how silly you are.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Yes the wiki has many inaccuracies, but I'm not sure if this is one of the times. I'm not seeing DoT mentioned on the Mire page.

Yes the wiki has many inaccuracies, but I'm not sure if this is one of the times. I'm not seeing DoT mentioned on the Mire page.

To be fair, I checked it when I started building it (Two nights ago, I believe,) saw nothing about the DoT scaling and simply saw that it said it did have DoT.

Wiki changes constantly :/