Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Swordmaster Warframe Vorpal With Stats

Archangelzz

ok unlike excalibur this warframe focuses totally on blade attacks or ability's that have to do with blades or melee for those of you who did not know Jinsokuna burēdo means swift blades in japanese

Stats

Health 100.0 (350.0 at rank 30) Power 100.0 (150.0 at rank 30) Armor 75.0 Shield Capacity 100.0 (300.0 at rank 30) Sprint Speed 1.20

1. Crushing blow Cost to equip of 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 energy cost 30

you swing your blade with such force that the enemy and enemy's within close proximity are thrown back and knocked down for 3 seconds this attack deals 250 damage this ability also reducing the enemys armor by 15% for 5 seconds

2.Way of the tenno kata no.1 blade master stance  Cost to equip of 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 energy cost 40 bleed damage 20/40/60/70

you swipe your hand over your sword revealing serrated energy attached to your sword and ready yourself for the assault taking a offensive stance of kata no.1 of tenno sword masters of old increasing attack speed by 30% and melee damage by 40% for 7 seconds and attacks deal bleeding damage over time for 5 seconds
animation would be glowing a certain color and having unique attack animations

3.Way of the tenno kata no.2 impenetrable defense stance  Cost to equip of 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 energy cost 40

you infuse you blade with your warframes energy and ready yourself for the onslaught by taking a defensive stance of the tenno sword masters of old gaining resistance to interrupts and knock downs as well as taking 10% less damage when blocking this ability also reflects some of the enemy projectiles back at enemy's when blocking dealing a quarter of their max damage for 7 seconds
animation would be glowing a certain color and having unique block and deflecting animations 

4.Kata No.3 Blade empower

swipe your hand over your blade infusing your warframes power into it increasing the length of the blade and causing it to reduce enemy armor by 10% and gain attack speed boost and stunning enemys for 4 seconds when hit this can hit multiple enemy's in one hit you also will employ the unique attacks and blocks in kata no.3 for 8 seconds

(Note basically what this does is give your blade a length boost you blade will be longer it will reduce armor you will have increased attack speed and you will also have new fluid unique animations for your melee attacks)

duration of the ability can be increased by using continuity and constitution mods these can be stacked length of the blade can be increased by reach

ok so what i have done is made this frame unique kata in the martial arts world and sword world are unique each one having there own attacks blocks ect so that is what i have done for this one the first ability will have unique attack animations the second ability will have unique block animations and the third one will have unique attack animations different from ability one each one has there own advantages for defense and offense

Edited by Archangelzz

Can't say I'm a huge fan of this idea, and I'm a total melee/katana fanatic.

First and foremost, the Warframe name is very clunky. I'm guessing you just used Google Translate to come up with it, since じんそくな is an unnecessarily awkward way of saying 'swift' or 'fast,' that you're really unlikely to hear in any conversation. ブレード is also literally the Japanese phonetic adaptation of 'blade,' whereas if you wanted to go with an actual Japanese name, you'd be better off using やいば (yaiba). While that isn't the most common term for what you're talking about, it's a lot more pleasant to say than 'ha' or 'ken.'

Even then, you'd be better off going with the name of a historical or mythological sword, as that would get the point across without being needlessly literal and complicated. Stuff like Yasutsuna, Murasame (Muramasa and Masamune are a bit... prevalent, no?) or even Osafune or Kusanagi.

Odd name aside, the rest of the Frame abilities look *no offense intended* terrible.

1. Masterful Strikes is needlessly overpowered, or underpowered depending on how you intend to execute damage scaling with ranks. Excalibur's comparable Slash Dash deals 500 damage at max rank on its own, starting from 200. Assuming you have a similar level scaling, Masterful Strikes is going to be doing 500 damage twice for 1000 damage, + 150 unscaled damage. Ash's Shuriken can deal 1000 damage, but that's an auto-targeted ability that requires that there is literally only one enemy in the room for both to hit. If you ignore damage scaling altogether, the usefulness of that ability is going to fall off really, really quickly.

2. The second and third abilities are not only overpowered, but encroach too much onto the territory of existing Warframes. Battle Stance is basically a copy/paste of Volt's Speed with different percentages and lacking the party bonus in favor of a buff to melee damage. Defensive Stance is a little too much like a group-based Iron Skin. I know that the percentage won't work out to nearly as much damage mitigation, but it will scale better as well as benefitting teammates. Either way, they're imbalanced.

3. Nearly all of the abilities are needlessly animated. Animation time = longer completion time = longer cast time. People don't really appreciate abilities that take control away from them for too long. Of course, they'll be more forgiving of that when animations are attached to abilities that simply murderize everything, but that comes with the issue of... well... the abilities murderize everything, which takes the fun away from everyone else that's playing.

If you want to make a melee-oriented Warframe, I'd suggest abilities that extend melee range a bit, provide Armor Ignore + bonus damage for a limited time, increase attack speed, and focus on allowing you to outmaneuver your opponents. Anything that's defensive should reduce incoming ranged damage at the expense of reducing your own ranged damage for the duration, otherwise people are simply going to stick to using guns while tanking with defensive bonuses intended for getting into melee range.

The simple truth of it is that there are plenty of Warframes that have already been released with an emphasis on damage output... successful ideas from this point forward are going to hinge on them being interesting and fun to use. Ridiculous amounts of power produce monotony, and that's not something that constitutes being interesting.

to be honest I don't really care what you guys think of the idea lol I just like posting ideas i don't really care whether people like them or not and also when you really think about it every power in the game from now on will be more or less a copy of another power that just looks different or looks the same and has a different effect that's just how games go lol your not telling me anything that me and other people haven't already read or seen a thousand times but thanks for your criticism anyway lol

Well, posting up ideas generally garners feedback. Your idea in and of itself is not what I'm trying to criticize, just the execution of it.

Yes, many powers will be very similar to one another. Flat damage. Buff. CC. There are only so many archetypes. The point is that it's important not to fall into the copy/paste good enough mentality. Where it is possible to make things interesting, the effort that goes into doing so is definitely worth it.

There's plenty of potential in a Melee-focused Warframe... the ability to deal different types of melee damage for a duration in exchange for energy, regardless of chosen melee weapon. Better utility for normal melee attacks, like a short ragdoll-on-strike against multiple enemies. The ability to deflect incoming projectiles as a means of offense a-la Jedi Knights. Are they all abilities that fall under existing archetypes? Yeah. But the presentation has a unique feel to it, and that's a large part of what constitutes a good idea.

My apologies if I somehow offended you by taking your idea seriously.

Well, posting up ideas generally garners feedback. Your idea in and of itself is not what I'm trying to criticize, just the execution of it.

Yes, many powers will be very similar to one another. Flat damage. Buff. CC. There are only so many archetypes. The point is that it's important not to fall into the copy/paste good enough mentality. Where it is possible to make things interesting, the effort that goes into doing so is definitely worth it.

There's plenty of potential in a Melee-focused Warframe... the ability to deal different types of melee damage for a duration in exchange for energy, regardless of chosen melee weapon. Better utility for normal melee attacks, like a short ragdoll-on-strike against multiple enemies. The ability to deflect incoming projectiles as a means of offense a-la Jedi Knights. Are they all abilities that fall under existing archetypes? Yeah. But the presentation has a unique feel to it, and that's a large part of what constitutes a good idea.

no i ain't mad you or anything your right the idea does need trimming and modified a bit but coming up with new ability's is impossible at this point as most ability's from now on will more then likely be more or less a ability some other warframe has before just with a different look or effect but you did give me a idea for a single target ability so thank you for that lol just now i am not mad or pissed off with you lol i was just tired lol

Can't say I'm a huge fan of this idea, and I'm a total melee/katana fanatic.

First and foremost, the Warframe name is very clunky. I'm guessing you just used Google Translate to come up with it, since じんそくな is an unnecessarily awkward way of saying 'swift' or 'fast,' that you're really unlikely to hear in any conversation. ブレード is also literally the Japanese phonetic adaptation of 'blade,' whereas if you wanted to go with an actual Japanese name, you'd be better off using やいば (yaiba). While that isn't the most common term for what you're talking about, it's a lot more pleasant to say than 'ha' or 'ken.'

Even then, you'd be better off going with the name of a historical or mythological sword, as that would get the point across without being needlessly literal and complicated. Stuff like Yasutsuna, Murasame (Muramasa and Masamune are a bit... prevalent, no?) or even Osafune or Kusanagi.

Odd name aside, the rest of the Frame abilities look *no offense intended* terrible.

1. Masterful Strikes is needlessly overpowered, or underpowered depending on how you intend to execute damage scaling with ranks. Excalibur's comparable Slash Dash deals 500 damage at max rank on its own, starting from 200. Assuming you have a similar level scaling, Masterful Strikes is going to be doing 500 damage twice for 1000 damage, + 150 unscaled damage. Ash's Shuriken can deal 1000 damage, but that's an auto-targeted ability that requires that there is literally only one enemy in the room for both to hit. If you ignore damage scaling altogether, the usefulness of that ability is going to fall off really, really quickly.

2. The second and third abilities are not only overpowered, but encroach too much onto the territory of existing Warframes. Battle Stance is basically a copy/paste of Volt's Speed with different percentages and lacking the party bonus in favor of a buff to melee damage. Defensive Stance is a little too much like a group-based Iron Skin. I know that the percentage won't work out to nearly as much damage mitigation, but it will scale better as well as benefitting teammates. Either way, they're imbalanced.

3. Nearly all of the abilities are needlessly animated. Animation time = longer completion time = longer cast time. People don't really appreciate abilities that take control away from them for too long. Of course, they'll be more forgiving of that when animations are attached to abilities that simply murderize everything, but that comes with the issue of... well... the abilities murderize everything, which takes the fun away from everyone else that's playing.

If you want to make a melee-oriented Warframe, I'd suggest abilities that extend melee range a bit, provide Armor Ignore + bonus damage for a limited time, increase attack speed, and focus on allowing you to outmaneuver your opponents. Anything that's defensive should reduce incoming ranged damage at the expense of reducing your own ranged damage for the duration, otherwise people are simply going to stick to using guns while tanking with defensive bonuses intended for getting into melee range.

The simple truth of it is that there are plenty of Warframes that have already been released with an emphasis on damage output... successful ideas from this point forward are going to hinge on them being interesting and fun to use. Ridiculous amounts of power produce monotony, and that's not something that constitutes being interesting.

if you want a more support warframe I did make a martial arts warframe that has two decent damage skills and two other skills one is buff and the other is a enemy debuff you can find it in the warframe index in the fan zone

all right so what iv done is modified the stances just a little no animations you just glow a certain color so you know it is up and running and masterful strikes has been changed to crushing blow which deals 250 damage and throws back and knocks down enemy's that are within very close proximity to each other and reducing armor by 15% if that is to high ill tune it down to 10% and the ultimate i don't know if you have a idea for the ultimate you can post it and ill put it on there and give you credit for it

Naming. Please stop using Google Translate or some similar program to come up with Japanese names. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing wrong with the idea of the naming convention itself, but once again, Masuta (ますた or マスタ) is another instance of the Japanese pronunciation of an English word. If somehow I've misconstrued the meaning, I apologize. However, if I am correct in my assumption, names like this are really only going to make people groan.

Edit: I dunno, just call him Edge or something. Keep it simple.

Crushing blow looks much better. At least interesting to use.

The offensive stance looks much better. The bleed damage is a nice touch. I was actually going to suggest a bleed damage mod set, but reserving it for a Warframe power property wouldn't be bad either.

The defensive stance looks a bit better, but I'd edit out the 15% damage resistance to all attacks, and merge that with the reflecting projectiles. I'm assuming that deflecting ranged projectiles wouldn't cause them to deal no damage when using the ability for the sake of balance. Instead of a passive defense buff, have it improve the block skill - reduce overall stamina cost, provide immunity to knockdowns while blocking, and improve its damage reduction capabilities. The projectile reflection can be passive so long as they don't deal absolutely zero damage to the player.

As for the ultimate ability... that's tricky, and I don't have any particularly good ideas right now. Perhaps for a duration of say, 8 seconds the player's melee weapon gets massively increase range (think twice the base range of a heavy weapon, increased by further ranks and Stretch), and a unique set of animations that attack enemies 360* around the player. Melee attacking in this state ragdolls enemies and deals armor-ignoring damage (though not a ton of it.) This idea could probably use a ton of refinement, but I'd like to see more crowd-control oriented ultimate abilities. We don't need more burst damage ults right now.

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

Naming. Please stop using Google Translate or some similar program to come up with Japanese names. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing wrong with the idea of the naming convention itself, but once again, Masuta (ますた or マスタ) is another instance of the Japanese pronunciation of an English word. If somehow I've misconstrued the meaning, I apologize. However, if I am correct in my assumption, names like this are really only going to make people groan.

Edit: I dunno, just call him Edge or something. Keep it simple.

Crushing blow looks much better. At least interesting to use.

The offensive stance looks much better. The bleed damage is a nice touch. I was actually going to suggest a bleed damage mod set, but reserving it for a Warframe power property wouldn't be bad either.

The defensive stance looks a bit better, but I'd edit out the 15% damage resistance to all attacks, and merge that with the reflecting projectiles. I'm assuming that deflecting ranged projectiles wouldn't cause them to deal no damage when using the ability for the sake of balance. Instead of a passive defense buff, have it improve the block skill - reduce overall stamina cost, provide immunity to knockdowns while blocking, and improve its damage reduction capabilities. The projectile reflection can be passive so long as they don't deal absolutely zero damage to the player.

As for the ultimate ability... that's tricky, and I don't have any particularly good ideas right now. Perhaps for a duration of say, 8 seconds the player's melee weapon gets massively increase range (think twice the base range of a heavy weapon, increased by further ranks and Stretch), and a unique set of animations that attack enemies 360* around the player. Melee attacking in this state ragdolls enemies and deals armor-ignoring damage (though not a ton of it.) This idea could probably use a ton of refinement, but I'd like to see more crowd-control oriented ultimate abilities. We don't need more burst damage ults right now.

ill keep trying to find a better name i just like the japanese language mostly why i was using it ill modify defensive stance some more the idea with the reflecting was that you could reflect some of the projectiles back at enemy's so they would take a little bit of damage as well changed the ultimate to something i am pretty sure has not been done yet i don't know if its a good idea or not but guess ill find out

Edited by Archangelzz

ill keep trying to find a better name i just like the japanese language mostly why i was using it ill modify defensive stance some more the idea with the reflecting was that you could reflect some of the projectiles back at enemy's so they would take a little bit of damage as well changed the ultimate to something i am pretty sure has not been done yet i don't know if its a good idea or not but guess ill find out

I'm not trying to say a Japanese-derived name is a bad thing. But Google Translate/Whatever it was you used to find translations of the meanings you wanted for the name is usually a bad idea for any language you aren't more familiar with the basic structure of. The thing was both of your names contained literal English words with Japanese pronunciation. Buredo - Blade and Masuta - Master. It just looks kinda bad when you try to use exotic foreign names that aren't exactly authentic foreign words.

The abilities are looking much better, unique and closer to attempted balance. I'm not going to put much else into feedback for this as I don't want to completely de-rail your thread. Just keep in mind that the community will give you a lot more serious consideration if you can show that you've put a bit of thought into your ideas, rather than "This would be really cool to see, and in accordance with the Rule of Cool it must kill everything."

I'm not trying to say a Japanese-derived name is a bad thing. But Google Translate/Whatever it was you used to find translations of the meanings you wanted for the name is usually a bad idea for any language you aren't more familiar with the basic structure of. The thing was both of your names contained literal English words with Japanese pronunciation. Buredo - Blade and Masuta - Master. It just looks kinda bad when you try to use exotic foreign names that aren't exactly authentic foreign words.

The abilities are looking much better, unique and closer to attempted balance. I'm not going to put much else into feedback for this as I don't want to completely de-rail your thread. Just keep in mind that the community will give you a lot more serious consideration if you can show that you've put a bit of thought into your ideas, rather than "This would be really cool to see, and in accordance with the Rule of Cool it must kill everything."

nah you ok i am not educated when it comes to exotic languages so i have to use translator most of the time and your fine you ain't derailing anything i kind of like it a bit better but with the kill everything deal when you think of a sword master or swordsman you think of a samurai and ninja knight ect students of war who's only goal is to kill so that is why i made it the way i did the first time around now its more along the lines of a very old warrior who is wise and can attack and defend with ease which sort of goes better with the tenno since they are very old and have fought a lot of wars but thank you for your time you have been a big help

Sorry Just no. I got pretty excited when i saw this title

lol i don't know what to do any more it used to be a much more offensive war frame but i changed it to make other people happy cant make every one happy just wont work sorry to disappoint this is not even really my vision of the frame anymore i should just make my frames the way i want them to be and if people don't like it well to bad to sad

Edited by Archangelzz