Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ymin - The Frozen Mountain

BlackDiamondAce

Codex blurb: Scattered and forgotten, the cold flows of Venus and the fury of the Tenno has risen this ancient Warframe.

Base stats (rank 1 [rank30])

hp: 250 [500]

armor: 400

shield: 100 [300]

power: 75 [150]

sprint speed: .9

Aura: Vazarin (V)

Polarities: 1x Naramon (-) :naramon:, 1x Madura (D) :madurai:, and 1x Vazarin (V) :vazarin:

Preferred modding: Health, armor, Power strength and duration

Passive: Frozen Aegis

Blocking resists mobility interruptions (knockdown, stagger, knockback), blocks up to 50% more damage while blocking (75% with sword and shield)

first ability: Ygddrasil whip

what it does: uses his ancient power to create a whip out of tree roots to slash and corrode enemies in a 60 degree arc in front of Ysmir

damage type: corrosive/slash/impact (50/25/25%)

max damage: 150/275/400/525

energy cost: 10/10/8/8

will knock down enemies

second ability: Tap

what it does: Draws tendrils of ether from the earth to impale and drain enemies around Ysmir and upon killing them turns them into followers

damage type: general elemental

max damage: 125/250/375/500

duration: 20/22.5/25/25 seconds

HP/s: 5/5/10/15% of enemies max health/total enemies

energy consumption: 50/60/70/80

Third ability: Giant's causeway

Summon forth Fire, Ice, Electricity and Poison laced tendrils from the ground

appearance and effects: *Fire makes a path that erupts in sequence from close to far dealing fire damage and knocking down enemies

appearance and effects: *Ice makes a path that is delayed in eruption, enemies who walk upon it are impaled and frozen from below.

appearance and effects: *Electricity makes a set of rods appear around him that are electrically charged and zap nearby enemies and enemies who between the rods.

appearance and effects: *Poison causes roots to slither out in spirals from the ground, slowing and dealing damage to trespassers.

All animations are unstoppable, meaning you cant be knocked down or displaced while casting.

Fourth ability: Ragnarok

what it does: Ysmir summons a giant frozen hammer[or uses currently equipped heavy weapon) to rip and smash the enemies apart with the wrath of a mountain.  also has a chilling aura that damages and freezes enemies around him.

Exceptions to allowed heavy weapons (weapons that will not be replaced by the Jotun hammer): Dual split sword and, Jag kittag.  Because: Dual split wouldnt feel right in his hands and the combos would rip himself up when preforming combos during Ragnarok (however he'd use it normally while not under Ragnarok), Jag Kittag would freeze over and be a metal weight on a stick when he goes into his Rangarok trance

Zenistar would have to be changed to not throw the disk while he is in his Ragnarok trance.

Aura damage: 15/20/25/30 cold damage per second

slow: 15/20/25/30% [measured when damage is dealt]

freeze chance: 15/30/45/60% [measured when damage is dealt]

Energy cost: 2/2/2/2 energy per second (up to 10 energy per second)

Base damage: TBC (To be calculated)

Jotun hammer reach: 1.4 meters

swing speed: 1

impact damage: 100/120/140/160

cold damage: 150/160/170/180

Stance: Ragnarok

Mountain's might: E E E E

swing right up, swing left up, slash across the front, uppercut (knockdown)

Blizzard's fury: E E (pause) E E E

Swing right up, swing left up, (pause) slash front spin x2, slash up leap

Ocean splitter: E (hold)E E E E

Swing right up, shoulder bash, swing left up, sweeping radial strike, frontal strike, leap forward slam. (knockdown)

Lightning rider: E (rmb) E (hold) E E

Swing right up, step spin strike shoulder bash, overhead execute(? change)

Sound and fury: E (hold then release) E

Swing right up, holds weapon close then uppercuts, throwing enemies back

Glacial advance: slide dash + E

swings hammer to knock away enemies in front of him in a 180 degree cone.

Reaping gale: In air + E

slam the ground with all might, dealing bonus cold damage to enemies around Ysmir {Giant's Causeway can be precasted to send the icewave immediately upon landing}

Thundering heft: wall dash + E

strikes skyward shooting a trail of ice in front of him.

Frozen Executioner/Quaking Slam: Knocked down enemy + E

Heavy blades: hefts blade above head and slashes it across the enemy's neck.  Finisher + Headshot

Maces/Hammers: Lunges forward and crushes the enemy's head. Finisher + Headshot

Changelog:

3/21: reduced energy cost on giants causeway on all ranks by 5 energy.

3/28: added a paired weapon and images added

3/31: defroster started

4/4: defrosted at 75% (changes to 2nd ability, solid first ability added, new wording on warframe title, passive and artwork needed)

4/24: ouch, full defrost hasn't happened yet? oh jesus.  anyway changes to stats, passive and 3.  Full changes on 3 are coming, once I compound the numbers.  The effects are in place, now to inform the rest.

7/9/2018: Updated: name, blurb.  Removed former art references and paired weapon.  Rework started: New passive, rebalanced stats to be more reasonable. fixed some wording on ult.  Things to come: rework of 1 to a new name, and how it appears.  Rework to 2, make it do something else.  Rework to 3, rebalance with new stats. Rework to 4: rebalance for weapon changes and exalted modding.

Edited by BlackDiamondAce
change log has the reason

An intersting frame, seems very much like Frost got into an internet argument and subsequently went on a murderous rampage to quell his anger. I like it.

My only thought is the name of the final ability, seeing that Ragnarok describes the desctruction (or the twilight, depending on which suffix you use) of the norse gods. Niflheim may be a better name, in my opinion, since we're on the subject of a primordial giant literally made of ice (In mythology, anyway), the name of the world of ice that he was formed from would be more fitting as his ultimate. Keep its function the same, looks like fun to use.

2 hours ago, Voluundr said:

An intersting frame, seems very much like Frost got into an internet argument and subsequently went on a murderous rampage to quell his anger. I like it.

My only thought is the name of the final ability, seeing that Ragnarok describes the desctruction (or the twilight, depending on which suffix you use) of the norse gods. Niflheim may be a better name, in my opinion, since we're on the subject of a primordial giant literally made of ice (In mythology, anyway), the name of the world of ice that he was formed from would be more fitting as his ultimate. Keep its function the same, looks like fun to use.

Okay, lol.  Anyway; ragnarok from what I grew up with was the absence of the gods in Norse mythology and subsequently the reign of the Jotunheim or the giants.  Where they'd unless their more primordial essence onto the world.  Where the feuding ice and fire giants would scorch the sky and ground, and freeze it as well.

alternatively, Ragnarok stood for the state of mind of a berserker; focusing on over powering an opponent with heavy strikes from their weapons.

The combination of a Norse mythology and berserker might; he may not be a prime berserker like valkyr; but he is a powerhouse nonetheless.  The use of the name is more aesthetic, as the name of the ice giant homeworld (name is eluding me) or frozen fury does not sound as powerful as ragnarok.  

Lastly the name Ysmir is derived from Ymir; who traditionally was a beneficial Jotun to live; as his body was the ground, his breath the air, and his blood the oceans. (Of the mortal realm)

8 minutes ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

combining a corrosive like effect on an aoe spray like Inaros's cc on his first ability.  (join the discord if you havent already) so any suggestions on stats and utility for it, other abilities

Might I suggest a completely new ability for the first (IMO it's kinda generic)

18 hours ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

Well what would you have in mind, may I ask?  A thing can be generic but unique in its own right.

My idea for the 1 is;

Yggdrasil Tap

Ysmir calls on the strength of the Yggdrasil. Ysmir tethers himself to a single position, absorbing the life blood of the World Tree as well as releasing it's Wrath.

Statistics: Ysmir is tethered to one point, taking 30% less damage as well as increasing his Health Regeneration (dependant on Power Strength). Enemies killed by Ysmir while in this state become Yggdrasil' Blood Pools. Yggdrasil Blood Pools slow enemies caught inside as well as increasing damage received to enemies by 20% (everything does 20% more damage to the enemies inside)

Usage Cost: 2 energy per second in use

Visuals: A long White Root sprouts from the ground, attaching to the back of Ysmir's head. Red waves pulse through the root.

Purpose: A defensive ability meant to improve his survivability as well as lend more to the tanky way he's described as (a mountain/glacier isn't gonna be mobile. Like, at all.) He's designating an area for him to control. Also adds to the lore of him being a Norse aspect. 

Edited by (PS4)GamingGuerilla14

16 hours ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

I want a second opinion on this:

for a real first ability: he uses the roots of the realm to grab enemies and drag them to him.  On top of dealing corrosive damage and having a high chance to proc it

I like the idea of enemies being brought to him. Maybe have a life steal mechanic instead of dealing corrosive damage. Corrosive would make sense if the roots bursted, pouring the Yggdrasil's life blood on the enemies. Perhaps roll that into another ability