Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potatoes And Prime Weapons - Repost For De To See/support

Steemship

The idea is pretty simple and it would make a lot of players feel better about Prime weapons if they could move their potatoes and forma from normal weapons to their prime counterpart. This would essentially increase the appeal of prime weapons and give a reason to actually play in them if they didn't have to lose the 2+ bucks they'd already dropped on the non-prime weapons. This would also help alleviate the issue that arises when players build a weapon then the prime counterpart is announced. This could work

To prevent abuse of this, it could have some trade offs to doing it such as:

- The original weapon could be destroyed.

- It could cost a large sum of credits.

- It could be a one time thing (as in it can only be done for one particular normal and one particular prime at a time)

- The original could require mastery.

After watching the U9 Teaser video where they announced lots of new prime weapons, this feature makes all the more since.

its a way for them to make money and pretty cheap all thing considered.

with the redone alert system im hoping potatoes arent as rare and people get a better shot at having some when they get that really nice wep. but reusing potatoes is not something you should expect anytime ever.

just my opinion.

I don't really like this idea. The Prime weapons are their own unique things. Just because you put a potato in the non-prime doesn't mean you should have the option to put a potato into the prime version.

If you were to go into your inventory in game, you would see the latron prime and the normal latron next to each other. And since we can't take potatos out normally, it wouldn't make sense to do it like this.

Quite simply NO, too many folks playing warframe with silly ideas because they don't want to spend money in support of the game.

The game needs a CONSTANT revenue stream if it is to continue, and cosmetic items alone are not enough as they are all one time purchases. The potato system, the warframe & weapon slot system, forma bp, and void key drop rate are all fine as is. Spend money or accept the limitations inherent in all free to play, DE run a business not a charity.

I don't really like this idea. The Prime weapons are their own unique things. Just because you put a potato in the non-prime doesn't mean you should have the option to put a potato into the prime version.

If you were to go into your inventory in game, you would see the latron prime and the normal latron next to each other. And since we can't take potatos out normally, it wouldn't make sense to do it like this.

Prime weapons aren't so much unique as superior.For a weapon to be unique, their would have to be a reason for me to have both a Latron and a Latron Prime other than my collector's mentality. The idea that I can get say a braton and master it and spend two dollars on it then a better version comes out would make me certainly less willing to buy a future weapon or it's prime counterpart, and if they plan on adding prime versions of most weapons (which seems to be the direciton they are headed), my time would probably be better spent simply grinding up resources and void keys to get the prime versions later on.

Quite simply NO, too many folks playing warframe with silly ideas because they don't want to spend money in support of the game.

The game needs a CONSTANT revenue stream if it is to continue, and cosmetic items alone are not enough as they are all one time purchases. The potato system, the warframe & weapon slot system, forma bp, and void key drop rate are all fine as is. Spend money or accept the limitations inherent in all free to play, DE run a business not a charity.

I have a feeling you didn't even read my initial post. You simply saw something that could possibly hinder DE's profit and decided it was bad. But who exactly would this effect in the first place? The players who spend lots of time grinding out to get prime weapons (Since you can't pay your way to prime per say [buying void keys aside]). I highly doubt it is the new players who are more willing to drop money on the game to progress faster.

Additionally, you make DE sound like some starving child. It is pretty clear that right now they are a thriving company: their game is going to the next gen console along with a select few other F2P games and they don't owe any publisher any money like most other games. I'm not saying they don't need money, but they are not a beginning company struggling to survive. You shoudln't give them money because you think they are, but because they are an independent company that has strived more so than most other companies at interaction with their player base and making a small change that wouldn't have a large effect on their wallets while garnering more good will wont hurt them.

its a way for them to make money and pretty cheap all thing considered.

with the redone alert system im hoping potatoes arent as rare and people get a better shot at having some when they get that really nice wep. but reusing potatoes is not something you should expect anytime ever.

just my opinion.

Potatoes, if anything, are going to become more rare because when one occurs, the chance of it happening again go down for a period. Additionally, it isn't reusing potatoes: it is moving them from an inferior weapon to its superior mk 2 version.

Edited by Steemship