The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So The Braton Prime Is Real...

tsubasakuroi

So I was right that you just want to be a "Special Cookie" and you just want your OP weapon back?

I read Jacate's post on the other thread and there you'll find one probable reason why they nerfed it and I think it has something to do with power creep.

If you really want to to be one of the highest tier weapon at the moment then I think it should become obtainable in game.

You choose, make it a sidegrade and keep its exclusivity or make it what you want but let it obtainable in game.

P.S.

I'm still waiting for your proof that Braton Vandal was supposed to be an upgrade compared to the Standard Braton. AFAIK Special =/= Upgrade/Better.

Read my posts here and my responses to Jacate in the other threads carefully and you have all the answers you seek and will see that your arguments are not as valid as you think.

How'd that happen in the first place?

So the Braton is a Tenno weapon anyway but its current Corpus design looks now is a placeholder or something?

EDIT: thread derailed, this is apparently now a Braton, Braton Vandal and Braton Prime discussion and whether the Braton Vandal should be a sidegrade or an upgrade.

Yes, it's that topic. Again.

We could always change it to a PVP thread to throw them ^ off :p

PVP mobile defense please !

Read my posts here and my responses to Jacate in the other threads carefully and you have all the answers you seek and will see that your arguments are not as valid as you think.

I did read it and it actually made no sense.

Your post:

For the Braton Vandal this means that over the course of 1 weekend people could create an account... either on day 1 or day 3 of the weekend and the Braton Vandal was supposed to be a reward for those participating. But handing it out directly to the account would have been more difficult than just putting it in the market for 1 credit because DE had to give it out remotely by themselfes for every newly added account to be used during the weekend and that would have been stupid. Even linking it to newly created accounts so they would have the Braton Vandal directly from the start would've created the problem of how to give it to the closed beta testers that were already there and entitled, too. So easiest solution: Market --> 1 credit. End of story.

IMO this didn't make sense, they could've waited the last day and then give every account a Brandal all they have to do is set a cut off time. I'm sure there are ways of identifying legible accounts, registration date perhaps?

The real reason why the Braton Vandal was nerfed is the fact that people who joined in the open Beta could not get it and at that time there were no real alternatives to a Braton in terms of assoult rifles. So jealousy and envy rose for those who earned their Braton Vandal for being in the closed beta and the fact that the Braton Vandal had superior stats as DE had intended for it from the start made them grief and Rage.

So they flooded the forums with whining threads, unreasonable demands, twisted facts and grief posts. If you look at stupid threads like https://forums.warfr...-for-hooligans/ you realize that... and because there were more newcomers caring more about competition in a PvE game than close beta testers, because closed beta tester knew that the Braton Vandal was perfectly fine as it was.. even those who did not get it during closed beta, DE gave in an nerfed the Brandal/buffed the Braton to shut the noobs up.

Making a superior weapon then making it exclusive is a no no, I wouldn't be surprised with the s**tstorm that ensued. Ask yourself what would you feel if you want to upgrade your equipment to somehow like an endgame item only to find out that it's no longer available?

Now let's go back to my suggestion which was to make Brandal a sidegrade of Braton. I even threw a 5% greater DPS there to make sure you're not so hurt but no, that still doesn't look right for you as you would always want your Brandal to be one of the top tier weapon which it should be not.

I would again reiterate my stand:

Make the Brandal keep its exclusivity and buff it so it can be competitive with the Standard Braton so it can be usable.

Either Nerf the Snipertron Vandal or Buff the Snipertron/Vulkar so those weapons would be comparable to one another like all other Vandal Weapons.

As the Brandal stands at the moment, give me a very good reason why buffing it just to the level Braton would not suffice?

TL;DR version:

Make Vandal weapons sidegrades, buff Brandal to Braton level, Buff Snipertron/Vulkar or Nerf the Snipertron Vandal.

PS:

Oh by the way I'm still waiting for your proof that would not break the lore that would state that Bradal should be Superior than Braton. As the in game text description said, Brandal is just a Special Version of the standard Braton, not superior or better.

This is going way off topic so I do apologize to other people.

Edited by Neuetype

I did read it and it actually made no sense.

Not to you, i can see that clearly in your posts. It seems this discussion is over because everything i could answer you i already said. If you did not understand so far then i guess you never will and i won't waste any more of my time with repeating myself because that's what i feel doing for the last couple of weeks regarding this Topic.

cheers

If we put the Vandal on 25 damage, the Prime will still have the advantage in fire rate and clip size, so I think that buff wouldn't be unreasonable.

Resulting DPS values (includes crit and reload; assumed 2.5% for Prime):

Braton Prime: 173.4

Braton Vandal: 164.7

Like that the Prime is ~5% better in than the Vandal.

Edited by Tyrian3k

Eventually whatever points you look at it, the only problem was power creep. Because everyone look at it as being superior and exclusive, thus those who hated it used its strongest points against it.

Even exclusive now the snipetron everyone pretty much forgot about it. I don't know how many days after the event of the braton vandal sale, but even after slightly over a week and update 9, the weapon is forgotten and still a minority are talking about your primed chamber.

Overall the only significance of the braton prime Vandal , exclusivity, superior stats and 1 time low cost event, brought its own downfall. These 3 can be elaborated as the main causes of the nerf because unhappy people used these 3 against it. Probably the most important is why unhappy people were unhappy.

Overall it doesn't make sense either unless we say they are greedy. Yet they claim they are not and they are fine with it but not fine with it being exclusive so i find their ideas also not well-placed. Overall people don't appreciate upgrades which they can't get, while they also don't appreciate upgrades they can get that makes their existing weapons useless. So in all this contradiction, only the advantages of any superior stats conceived on a same weapon design, is its direct flaws.

Also hi again =D

Twin Viper Prime

nuff said !

2013-07-13_00001_1373699949.jpg

I want!!!!!!!!! so beautiful my eyes are bleeding! How does it sound like?

Edited by Jacate

Not to you, i can see that clearly in your posts. It seems this discussion is over because everything i could answer you i already said. If you did not understand so far then i guess you never will and i won't waste any more of my time with repeating myself because that's what i feel doing for the last couple of weeks regarding this Topic.

cheers

Agreed, it seems that I can't even make you realize my point since all you think about is that Bradal should be superior than Braton without having any proof aside from always repeating yourself that it was nerfed because of this and that. All I can say to you is deal with it and just request for a more reasonable buff like others seems to agree with me.

Again I'll just leave these question to you:

As how the current Braton Vandal stands, why would it be bad to just buff it to at least Braton levels?

What warrants you to buff it to an end tier/Braton Prime levels rather than to just a point where its useable?

Where's your proof that I've been always asking you to provide that states Braton Vandal>Braton?

If ever you answer I'm going to be expecting reasonable answers with facts in game to support it.

I'll rest my case.

@Jacate

I think you meant Brandal? :D

Edited by Neuetype

Agreed, it seems that I can't even make you realize my point since all you think about is that Bradal should be superior than Braton without having any proof aside from always repeating yourself that it was nerfed because of this and that. All I can say to you is deal with it and just request for a more reasonable buff like others seems to agree with me.

As how the current Braton Vandal stands, why would it be bad to just buff it to at least Braton levels?

What warrants you to buff it to an end tier/Braton Prime levels rather than to just a point where its useable?

Where's your proof that I've been always asking you to provide that states Braton Vandal>Braton?

If ever you answer I'm going to be expecting reasonable answers with facts in game to support it.

I'll rest my case.

@Jacate

Save your breath, those people just want to reign supreme over the peasants that are the open beta latecomers. No matter how many hours you would have to put in to get any alternative, they'd still say "but it has to be at least as strong as my vandal, or I can't use it!"

IMHO, DE acknowledged that the vandal should be a sidegrade to the normal braton when they nerfed it. Buffing it now to the level of a weapon that is obviously supposed to be a straight upgrade, due to being a long term goal, is contradictory and awkward. However, that doesn't keep them from trying and lobby for it, just because it would grant them a personal advantage.

edit: If anything, I'd propose this: If you own the vandal, allow it's skin to be used on the prime variant.

Edited by Korevas

I'll rest my case.

@Jacate

Opps, you caught me while i was too busy thinking about other things i shall now move to edit my mistakes (extremely embarrassed) and thanks =D