Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Porifera - The Sponge Warframe w/ Original Art

(PSN)ceejmr333

This is my original Warframe concept named "Porifera" after the scientific name for sponge; and she is just that.  My original art is fairly simple, but I believe it represents what I envisioned for her.    Feel free to post ideas or suggestions in regards to Porifera!  

YA2Eiop.jpg

Edited by (PS4)ceejmr333
Updated passive and 4th ability plus added stats.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it just because of the oddity of the concept of a sponge based frame. As for stats, I'd say the following for a base line, and as always scaling as you rank the frame up. 400 Health, 0 Shields, 150 Energy, 100 Armor. I'd go with these stats because based on the abilities, she seems to have a focus on self damage mitigation and self healing, so having her being a health based frame in the same vein as Inaros or Nidus makes sense, though with less base armor and more energy, since her fourth is a flat, (presumably fast paced), healing skill. I'd also change her passive from what it is to something that better differentiates her from Inaros. Perhaps to something like "Regains 10 energy for every enemy killed within 10 meters", which keeps the "absorbent" concept but translates it to something slightly different. I'd also say for survivability purposes, her fourth should give her a temporary boost to armor or a flat high percentage damage reduction when you're using it, since you'd be completely immobile.....

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Gamer3427 said:

I like it just because of the oddity of the concept of a sponge based frame. As for stats, I'd say the following for a base line, and as always scaling as you rank the frame up. 400 Health, 0 Shields, 150 Energy, 100 Armor. I'd go with these stats because based on the abilities, she seems to have a focus on self damage mitigation and self healing, so having her being a health based frame in the same vein as Inaros or Nidus makes sense, though with less base armor and more energy, since her fourth is a flat, (presumably fast paced), healing skill. I'd also change her passive from what it is to something that better differentiates her from Inaros. Perhaps to something like "Regains 10 energy for every enemy killed within 10 meters", which keeps the "absorbent" concept but translates it to something slightly different. I'd also say for survivability purposes, her fourth should give her a temporary boost to armor or a flat high percentage damage reduction when you're using it, since you'd be completely immobile.....

These are really great suggestions, so thanks!

I would definitely agree that she should be a health based warframe for sure.  Makes the most sense in truth to the concept.

Your passive idea change;  did you mean keep the "when bleeding out"  aspect but replace the time extension with energy gain OR completely change the passive to "regain energy from nearby killed"?  

Just now, (PS4)ceejmr333 said:

Your passive idea change;  did you mean keep the "when bleeding out"  aspect but replace the time extension with energy gain OR completely change the passive to "regain energy from nearby killed"?  

I meant replace the bleeding out effect, since the energy regen won't do much good if you're dead. As is, Inaros already has a better version of that bleed out effect, by actively being able to kill enemies while he's bleeding out to revive himself. Given that she's a health based frame as well, the comparison most players would have about her passive is "this is just a nerfed version of Inaros's passive" if she has a bleed out effect as well.....

1 minute ago, (PS4)Gamer3427 said:

I meant replace the bleeding out effect, since the energy regen won't do much good if you're dead. As is, Inaros already has a better version of that bleed out effect, by actively being able to kill enemies while he's bleeding out to revive himself. Given that she's a health based frame as well, the comparison most players would have about her passive is "this is just a nerfed version of Inaros's passive" if she has a bleed out effect as well.....

That's what I thought you meant, just wanted to double check. I really like that idea much better than her original bleed out passive.  

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Gamer3427 said:

In terms of balance, do you think 10 energy for each enemy killed within 10 meters would be to high?  Specifically thinking of when you're fighting infested hoards.  Would it seem too OP?

Edited by (PS4)ceejmr333

Just now, (PS4)ceejmr333 said:

In terms of balance, do you think 10 energy for each enemy killed within 10 meters would be to high?  Specifically thinking of when you're fighting infested hoards.  Would it seem too OP?

I wouldn't consider it so, because we have other frames that have better energy restoration. In addition, while 10 meters might be fair enough against infested, it's relatively short range against other enemy factions unless you're running a melee build and are constantly charging forward. Beyond that, she doesn't really seem to be a high offense oriented frame, so the increased energy wouldn't be too bad, particularly if her fourth has a high energy cost to offset the fact that it would be good self healing. If it did prove to be a bit too powerful in testing, then reduce the restoration to 5 points per enemy, but increase the range on the passive to about 15 meters. Still would be weaker enough that she wouldn't be constantly full of energy, but would have more range so that it's not TOO much weaker. I do think it'd be fine as is though....

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Gamer3427 said:

I wouldn't consider it so, because we have other frames that have better energy restoration. In addition, while 10 meters might be fair enough against infested, it's relatively short range against other enemy factions unless you're running a melee build and are constantly charging forward. Beyond that, she doesn't really seem to be a high offense oriented frame, so the increased energy wouldn't be too bad, particularly if her fourth has a high energy cost to offset the fact that it would be good self healing. If it did prove to be a bit too powerful in testing, then reduce the restoration to 5 points per enemy, but increase the range on the passive to about 15 meters. Still would be weaker enough that she wouldn't be constantly full of energy, but would have more range so that it's not TOO much weaker. I do think it'd be fine as is though....

perfect!  I will be updating the art with modifications.  Thanks!