Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 Auras

JariWeis

The new Aura system has a ton of potential, it just needs a metric ton of refinement. One of the better suggestions I've seen is leaving the Aura slot without a polarity on every Warframe, and giving the Aura mods their own unique polarity. Then it is up to the player whether or not they want to polarize their Aura slot for a lower cost. Sounds awesome to me.

But allow me to throw up yet another proposed solution, which fixes another problem at the same time:
Give Auras lower cost (5 max), no polarity and limited range.
Upgrading the Aura increases the magnitude of its effect, and increases its effective range.

This makes Aura mods into actual auras, doesn't excessively limit players on the choices they can reasonably make, and encourages players to stick together. It also makes it slightly more difficult to continually stack four copies of an artifact for ridiculous bonuses.

I have my frames optimized. There is zero left over energy. Not willing to give up a mod for an aura. Fk it no aura for me.

I  would rather roll with no aura then forma again and level up again wile getting no more mastery for my effort.

This. This is how I will play the game from here on out. The new system is too much of a pain in the backside for me to even care to use it, because I WILL NOT buy more Formas to correct a problem like this. I use formas to improve my Ember, and would have to Forma it -twice- to even be able to use a friggin mod, because I run a 60 point build. So I'm with this dude, no aura for me as long as they stay the way they are now. Gonna remove them from the game entirely if too many people stop using them?

I'm not really happy about auras using frame mod capacity... but I trust DE will do something about it if we complain enough :D

I am now trying out Rifle Amp simply because I upgraded it to almost 40% damage, which *might* be as interesting as ES. All that was needed to make people consider artifacts other than ES was buffing them, not making every single one require forma to be used alongside standard mods (not to mention how limiting it is when it comes to choosing an aura for a specific mission or group).

This definitely looks like an attempt to force frames into carrying specific auras while removing options the player used to be able to make freely.

(And what happened to my Physique? I used that on low level frames to give them some extra survivability).