The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura System Discussion 9.1.4 Thread Merger

Pandemoniuhm

Ruin the game by making you spend time playing to power up your stuff?  No, nothing was ruined before.  People could still play the game before.  I actually gave the company money for a game when they said they would find ways to make it more challenging.  And now they took any challenge away, and there is no chance of me getting my money back.  So there you have it, they've ruined the game for hardcore players, taken there money, and then given the game to the casual crowd and basically flipped me the bird.  Now I have no reason to actually play the game, which is why I am here, on the forums, to vent about how &!$$ed I am.

again the aura system does not affect people who have already formaed and maxed their gear to the point of maddness.

Thats such a selfish way of thinking. its like someone eating their favorite ice cream, instead a person just goes up to them, throws the ice cream on the ground and sais eat this broccoli, it tastes better for you. If the community likes something, why must you force your OPINION on us, we appreciate your feed back and opinion when given publicly, but dont force it on THE COMMUNITY. 

I love this post, it's so ironic. I've never used a single Forma. Not once. Not on a single weapon. I have a single weapon with a Catalyst in it, and two Warframes, most of whom I don't use, because even a level 30 un-charged Frame offers four powers and a shield boost, which is all you'll ever need even now.

The game is easy because enemies die quickly to level 20 weapons if you have a single idea of how to mod your weapons and, if they don't you have a "single button to wipe a room" back-up. So take your stupid assumptions and choke on them, because you're wrong, and you're the worst kind of player for attempting to create a healthy game for all players - you're so mindlessly concerned that you might actually have to learn how to aim and move that you throw insults at everyone around you. The game is easy because I can play it. I have eight Forma's in my inventory, right now, and they're only ever used to create Clan Weapons.

And now you are making silly assumptions. Don't remember saying whether it's too hard for me.

And all that about you not using Forma is just hearsay, :)

again the aura system does not affect people who have already formaed and maxed their gear to the point of maddness.

Thats such a selfish way of thinking. its like someone eating their favorite ice cream, instead a person just goes up to them, throws the ice cream on the ground and sais eat this broccoli, it tastes better for you. If the community likes something, why must you force your OPINION on us, we appreciate your feed back and opinion when given publicly, but dont force it on THE COMMUNITY. 

You DONT need to forma warframes anymore.  I hadn't max forma'd my frames, and had only spent one or two of them on frames, but now I don't have anywhere to progress to.  There is no point in continuing to play.  There is no endgame that is worth playing.  There is nothing to progress anymore.  You call that selfish, but let's see if you'd be complaining if they'd pushed it the other way and made you use more mod points on each mod instead of less. 

I've only forma'd my frame once and can't use all the mod points my aura gives me. Kind of silly, but I guess you don't need things like balance and challenge when we now have the gaming equivalent of eating cake until you're lying on the floor struggling to breath. Hopefully they adjust the aura bonus so mod costs have a point again.

Edited by Sealgaire

No, it isn't. This is insane, we're just stretching the very limits of how far DE can over-buff us to the point of insanity. We're actually being rewarded for equpping already insanely powerful auras, by then ALSO being allowed to equip additional mods? I can't even fathom how DE thought this was a reasonable or even slightly considered change.

Since forma has been in the game, you have been able to do this. The new aura change basically just saves peeps money and forma imo.

You DONT need to forma warframes anymore.  I hadn't max forma'd my frames, and had only spent one or two of them on frames, but now I don't have anywhere to progress to.  There is no point in continuing to play.  There is no endgame that is worth playing.  There is nothing to progress anymore.  You call that selfish, but let's see if you'd be complaining if they'd pushed it the other way and made you use more mod points on each mod instead of less. 

see this is what im talking about. YOU dont like this game, you are forcing your self to play it. I have actually already hit high level to the point the game is easy for me to an extent. However, i have never ONCE ever thought, hey lets make this game harder for others because its too easy for me (which is what you are indicating in that post)

What's the difference between gaining 14 energy for using the right aura and adding levels to frames?

hell, having rifle amp on Nyx only grants you 7 points.

That is one difference, but in a negative way. I would prefer adding 10-15 levels rather than aura boost but this aura boost isn't so bad.

Not a huge fan either honestly, was looking forward to going through and Polarizing my Nova a few more times to set up my build. Now after 1 I can fit everything in...

Feels too much like pandering to all the cries of those who had their toys taken away.

Honestly I'd have rather seen them just remove the cost than this...

The reason that I don't like the change is that it makes it far too easy to complete a build, Before U9 I was looking at 3-4 Polarization's to set up a frame, now 1 is basically enough. This takes away from those who want to build their guy to be as good as possible. Obtaining the "best" stuff in the game shouldn't be that easy in my opinion.

Now I'm left looking at my Nova who has space for everything after a single use of a forma, and I'm feeling cheated...  

How about this:

Aura give 0 bonus if placed in wrong polarize slot.

It give a normal bonus (1-6) if placed in compatitive polarize slot

Upvote?

No. If they want to add mod points beyond the reactor, they need to do it via raising the level cap for the sake of balance. I should not be able to throw an aura mod on an unranked warframe and have access to mod points. Not even reactors do that. It breaks the game and the balance.

If this current change sticks, then they will have to rebalance the entire game around it. 

Edit: read this.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/RaminShokrizade/20130626/194933/The_Top_F2P_Monetization_Tricks.php

Edited by Jeraggerjack

see this is what im talking about. YOU dont like this game, you are forcing your self to play it. I have actually already hit high level to the point the game is easy for me to an extent. However, i have never ONCE ever thought, hey lets make this game harder for others because its too easy for me (which is what you are indicating in that post)

No, first off, they said they would add options to increase the difficulty for hardcore players.  My apologies, I thought that was common knowledge and didn't need to be reiterated for the thousandth time.  What they've done is taken a game that's already ridiculously easy, and made it so easy that it's not even worth playing.

I'm saying that if you're thinking I'm selfish for asking for a little more difficulty for the game, then other people are selfish for asking for all enemies to be nerfed and all players to be buffed to uber leetness right off of the bat.  The whole, "Your thoughts are selfish" line is complete and utter rubbish, and hypocritical.

Nightmare mode is a joke, and Defense missions are boring and repetitive, so they have failed to present any meaningful content for anyone who was looking for a challenge.

And furthermore, I am not compelled to play this game, and don't enjoy it in it's current state, which is why I am not playing the game, and am currently here, in the forums, expressing my disgust at how stupid this change was.  That's what forums are for, and you're damn straight, I am complaining up a storm, because I feel in my opinion, that they have wrecked this game for me.

Edited by DAwGi

Not a huge fan either honestly, was looking forward to going through and Polarizing my Nova a few more times to set up my build. Now after 1 I can fit everything in...

Feels too much like pandering to all the cries of those who had their toys taken away.

The reason that I don't like the change is that it makes it far too easy to complete a build, Before U9 I was looking at 3-4 Polarization's to set up a frame, now 1 is basically enough. This takes away from those who want to build their guy to be as good as possible. Obtaining the "best" stuff in the game shouldn't be that easy in my opinion.

Now I'm left looking at my Nova who has space for everything after a single use of a forma, and I'm feeling cheated...

You wanna know how easy it is to obtain the best gear in this game? Very damn easy. Quickly though? Not so much, unless you use Platinum for the purchase.

I already sacrificed the - polarity slot on Frost to make the best use of Rush so I have an easier time keeping up with faster frames, I'd rather have Flow/Steamline be in my one - polarity, but I had to sacrifice it for faster run speed.

Ugh, I hate this community so much. This is a great change, it adds more room for customization and actually gives you a bonus for being a helpful teammate and equipping an aura. So what you don't need to use as much forma on frames now, use it on your @(*()$ weapons you crybaby nerds.

It always comes down to other people obtaining power the easy way while the elitist did it the hard way. The only hard thing about Forma is buying it and using it. No one should need 7 polatites. That's insanity. And people do this for so many things. Enough. You just want to spend money don't you.

how rare do these drop? Are you buying yourself that win? Now everyone can build their frame to the best they can and Forma users do more.

Don't understand this urge to use Forma. Why do you feel the need to Forma everything.

It appears there's a Forma addiction going around and the Forma addicts are hating on those non addicts getting the opportunity to further improve their frames and playstyle. 

lay off the Forma, it's not good for you.

And don't forget, there is no trading so casuals would have to spend hundreds of hours to even catch up to you.

Edited by SirAuron

Today's change has made it so Auras that are not hyphen polarity are garbage, end of story.  After the nerf to Rifle Amp the top 3 Auras are ALL hyphen polarity (Energy Siphon, Enemy Radar and Corrosive Projection).

Completely agree. I was fine with auras consuming capacity - it was a nerf over the old system, but that's fine; it didn't hit so hard that people were suddenly unable to complete content or anything. The real problem (just imo) is the auras are so unbalanced and all the good ones are - polarity, meaning the change screwed over every frame whose aura slot (which are seemingly polarized at random) isn't hyphen. The first step of the solution is just to make other auras worthwhile, not a global buff.

I do like that the change makes it a little easier to get baby frames off the ground, bypassing a lot of that awkward period before you can slot a good Redirection. So there's that.

Ugh, I hate this community so much. This is a great change, it adds more room for customization and actually gives you a bonus for being a helpful teammate and equipping an aura. So what you don't need to use as much forma on frames now, use it on your @(*()$ weapons you crybaby nerds.

^^^^^

It always comes down to other people obtaining power the easy way while the elitist did it the hard way. The only hard thing about Forma is buying it and using it. No one should need 7 polatites. That's insanity. And people do this for so many things. Enough. You just want to spend money don't you.

how rare do these drop? Are you buying yourself that win? Now everyone can build their frame to the best they can and Forma users do more.

Don't understand this urge to use Forma. Why do you feel the need to Forma everything.

It appears there's a Forma addiction going around and the Forma addicts are hating on those non addicts getting the opportunity to further improve their frames and playstyle. 

lay off the Forma, it's not good for you.

And don't forget, there is no trading so casuals would have to spend hundreds of hours to even catch up to you.

I'd use a blue potato and a bunch of formas on my Boltor for dealing with high level enemies.

You feel cheated because you can save forma you were going to use on your frame and use it on something else now? So what? You don't have to grind kappa and kiste and you're feeling cheated because of that?