Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Weapon Rework (WIP)

(PSN)Norgath182

With the introduction of the syndicate melee weapons a while back came unique passives that didn't follow the somewhat formulaic passive of the primary and secondary syndicate weapons and gave a special twist to how the weapons worked. This got me thinking, how could the other syndicate weapons be changed to also have special features rather than what seemed to me to be a rather generic warframe and damage boost. Admittedly, a syndicate proc has saved me on some missions and I do enjoy using the procs, but they make the weapons just seem like an improved version of a weapon rather than a hand crafted gift that syndicates give you for helping them. As such, my good friend TheTrickster97 and I thought of some ideas for reworking the syndicate primaries and secondaries. As noted, this is a work in progress so feel free to give comments, recommendations, etc.

Vaykor-

Hek: give it an alt-fire that fires off 4 of its shells at once, quadrupling its single shot damage

Marelok: have some sort of trigger or charge up to release an explosive bullet

Telos-

Boltor: getting a headshot on an enemy that doesn't kill it links its health to yours

Bolto: give it an alt-fire that disarms an enemy that the bolt hits

Synoid-

Simulor: for each enemy in a vortex, tenno in the area gain energy

Gammacor: damage dealt to a single enemy replenishes shields into overshields over time

Secura-

Penta: enemies not killed by the explosion within range are blinded for a time

Dual Cestra: some sort of trigger/charge up to increase fire rate or damage over time

Rakta-

Cernos: brief time of invisibility upon headshot

Ballistica: gives a radiation proc on a charged shot

Sancti-

Tigris: Status effects are more effective and last longer

Castanas: each unexploded bomb links together, creating an energy field that enemies are damaged and stopped by

What about the weapon augments, and what to do with the current procs? Leave the augments as they are, but make them either generic for any weapon or give them to more weapons to compensate for them not being on the syndicate weapons.

I almost feel like the Syndicate radial proc should be exclusive to the weapon mods they have. For the weapons themselves, I don't agree with all of the unique effects, but the ideas sound pretty nice. Gives some more character to the syndicates, more reason to use some of the weapons they have.

Edited by Cazzzz

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2017 at 4:18 PM, Cazzzz said:

I almost feel like the Syndicate radial proc should be exclusive to the weapon mods they have. For the weapons themselves, I don't agree with all of the unique effects, but the ideas sound pretty nice. Gives some more character to the syndicates, more reason to use some of the weapons they have.

By exclusive I assume you mean to just the current weapons that have mods, correct? Personally I think that's too limited in what weapons have them.

Any suggestions for how to modify the new effects?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Norgath182 said:

By exclusive I assume you mean to just the current weapons that have mods, correct? Personally I think that's too limited in what weapons have them.

Any suggestions for how to modify the new effects?

The exclusivity would give those mods more purpose for actually being used, since most of them are tied to under-used weapons, but that's just my personal thought.

As for the specifics of the effects, some of them just seem either a bit powerful, or a bit underpowered (just like the current melee effects). For example, the Boltos being able to disarm is super powerful if it isn't limited to a slower fire rate (I mean, quite a bit slower, since a fast-clicker like myself could disarm crowds with that) or greater ammo burn (which can be modded to fix). On the other hand, the Cestras ramping up is something they already do innately, despite it only doing that briefly at the start of them shooting. Seems kinda repetitive for the weapon, and Perrin would be stuck with two somewhat poor weapons. xD

Just how I feel, but overall it's a great idea to get them something more unique instead of the radial procs (that only do something if that element is a good one).

I do agree that the current augments help out under used weapons, but at the same time are overshadowed by rivens even without the radial proc. That's where I think if more weapons had access to the radial proc it would make more 'bad' weapons better.

The cestra definitely needs a better idea, perhaps an azima like effect? As for the bolto, to make it less OP give it either a charge up meter or a cooldown timer.

Thanks for the feedback btw