Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone force a quick extraction?

FierceRadiance

Question

Just experienced an odd end to a Spy Alert mission, and I'm curious if something has changed, or if I've forgotten some detail regarding extraction.

Got to extraction, there was one person waiting. It was an exterior tileset (door exiting the ship interior, stairs up and around to the extraction point which is directly above the door you just exited) which has a room paces from extraction that you can loot. So figuring I had at least 60 seconds to spare, I went in the room and began opening green lockers. Before I could open all the available lockers I was forced into extraction.

I thought there were three people in the mission, possibly four, as the consoles were hacked too quickly for there to have only been two of us. And there was only one person at extraction when I got there, per the on-screen counter and then visually confirmed. Plus, there is absolutely no way anything close to 60 seconds passed while I was opening lockers, even a large room like this with perhaps 6 or 7 green lockers or so -I've been looting lockers a looong time, I'm pretty quick about it. So even if the third (and possible fourth) players arrived at extraction after I did, I thought I should have had 60 seconds in which to loot the room before getting yanked.

Anybody have a guess as to how the mission could have gone from the described circumstances to 'You're Done' in substantially less than 60 seconds? Have the rules changed, or is the countdown under a player's control now in some way? My last understanding was the a countdown couldn't begin until there at least half the team was at extraction, and then it was 60 seconds unless everybody reached extraction before the timer ended.

Just curious. Haven't been paying attention to the Devstreams in a while, so maybe things have changed.

10 answers to this question

Well if there was indeed 4 of you one of them possibly used their operator to force extraction as the 4th player its an odd bug that some players use to force an entire team to extract when they are the only one that want to leave. Besides that no there is nothing that I know of that can trigger it.

Yeah, press 5 to start operator mode, when on the extraction point.

For a split second, the game will think that there are 2 players on the extraction point.

As a result, the extraction timer will be forced on.

This can be used to start the timer, even when there is only one person who is able to reach the extraction point.

Pretty handy, if you ask me. :3

Edited by NativeKiller

28 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

I thought there were three people in the mission, possibly four, as the consoles were hacked too quickly for there to have only been two of us.

Might want to turn on the player list so you can actually know who you are running a mission with, then you won't have to guess.  Just a thought.  In any case, you should at least have seen the countdown begin.

Or do you play with your entire UI switched off?

I guess I'm too old-school, because I started playing Warframe to play it, and to cooperate with other players. The idea of folk running through missions as fast as they can, with little or no kills, no looting, trying to just get to the before anybody else can, over and over and over..... That's not why I play a game - so I can avoid playing the game. There's no co-op there, there's no teamwork. If all they wanted to do was spam missions as fast as they can, they'd play Solo, so I have to assume the most of these...."players"....want to be seen to be finishing ahead of everyone else.

And that makes it about ego.

Xekrin, good question, but until I was forced out of the mission, it didn't occur to me to count how many were in it with me. I knew it was at least myself and two others, and whether it was three or four didn't seem important until I couldn't tell anymore.

Edited by FierceRadiance

21 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

I guess I'm too old-school, because I started playing Warframe to play it, and to cooperate with other players. The idea of folk running through missions as fast as they can, with little or no kills, no looting, trying to just get to the before anybody else can, over and over and over..... That's not why I play a game - so I can avoid playing the game. There's no co-op there, there's no teamwork. If all they wanted to do was spam missions as fast as they can, they'd play Solo, so I have to assume the most of these...."players"....want to be seen to be finishing ahead of everyone else.

And that makes it about ego.

Actually, it's quite common to have everyone except for one person get stuck/lost in a run, due to bugs or inexperience, whatever be the cause.

This... "bug" made things much, much more convenient for me and my random squad members countless times, since we would have been pretty much forced to abort the mission, if it were not for it. :3

Edited by NativeKiller

3 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

Actually, there are some times when everyone except for one person gets stuck/lost in a run, bugs or inexperience, whatever be the cause.

This... "bug" made things convenient for my squad since we would have been forced to abort the mission or wait for 10+ minutes, if it were not for it. :3

NK, I'm sure it happens, but I'm also sure it's hugely unlikely to be the main use of this exploit. I'd be willing to be real money that when DE looks at the stats, it's being used to grief or rush far more than it's being used to overcome a bug. I've played WF long enough to be certain of it.

Edited by FierceRadiance

Just now, FierceRadiance said:

NK, I'm sure it happens, but I'm also sure it's hugely unlikely to be the main use of this exploit. I'd be willing to be real money that when DE looks at the stats, it's being used to grief far more than it's being used to overcome a bug. I've played WF long enough to be certain of it.

I guess. :3

I don't really use it to force extraction if there is anyone who doesn't want it to happen, but I am sure that there would be lots of asshats who'd do otherwise. :D

I suspect I met one, in my mission.

I'm certainly not against overcoming a bug. I'm less happy about being forced out by someone with not enough patience, or a desire to inflict their playstyle on the rest of their team. If a player wants to rush, I have no problem with it - PLAY SOLO. That's why the mode is there. But if you want to make others watch you show off, I luuuuv sitting just off the extraction point until the counter winds down. Or abort out and run it again, hopefully with a better class of player.

Hey, if it's okay to for one player to force their style on others, I have to assume they'd be okay with me doing the same with my style...