Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Naramon randomly turning off?

Shifty9

Question

So I'm in the midst of a solo MOT endurance run and ever since I activated naramon in this mission, it keeps randomly turning off (even though I'm clearly getting crits on every hit). This didn't happen in my last endurance run when I used maiming strike, but I wasn't sliding after the hour mark in that mission so I really don't understand this. My setup is a rhino and a secura lecta. Being invisible causes crits on every hit (for whatever reason). Any help or insight is much appreciated. Not sure I can make it the planned 200 minutes if I keep becoming visible and getting shot at by level 400+ enemies. Thanks!

EDIT: Clarification here, Naramon doesn't "turn off" actually, I just stop being invisible.

Edited by Shifty9

6 answers to this question

Just now, Cephalon_Esrius said:

Stealth hits are displayed in yellow, just like crits are. However, stealth hits are not crits, and do not refresh naramon.

Well that makes it impossible to tell if I crit or not then, no? Pretty stupid UI design if you ask me.

Just now, Xekrin said:

amen

RIP to this endurance run. We'll see how far I get. I switched out maiming strike for body count because sliding wasn't helping anymore and I had dropped two 5000+ combo counters getting life support in yesterday's run.

1 minute ago, Shifty9 said:

I switched out maiming strike for body count

maiming strike is far more useful, especially in a naramon setup.  Pretty much any weapon will crit with a slide.  I use it constantly with weapons that have only 5% crit chance.  I often do this with frames like Nova who are squishy and just slide around to maintain invis while actually doing damage with guns/abilities.

If your setup involves blood rush and a weapon with a decent crit and all you are doing is melee then you shouldn't have a problem, especially with body count or drifting contact.

Hey if you want to do some endurance runs, I'll be your buddy. add me in game.

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

maiming strike is far more useful

Maiming strike would be useful for keeping me invisible while body count is useful for reaching a 5x combo meter. This run is just for fun so hopefully I can stay alive long enough to see that glorious "5x". I haven't had too much trouble so far, but we'll see. Also, I added you.