Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zanuka Hunter Beacon

Seacatyew

Question

So my friend bought a zanuka beacon from the void trader, we have tried assassinate missions, corpus defense ^ mobile defrnse, survival, extermminate and defense void nothing works. he even tried survival solo and defense against grineer and corpus still says that he cant use it in the mission. 1st question is it only solo or can you use it with friends? also where do you use it, name a map you knnow you have been able to spawn one

6 answers to this question

It is a piece of gear, are you sure it's equipped?

you should be able to spawn it in any mission where Zanuka would normally attack you, so any corpus mission besides Assassination.

And yes it can be spawned in squads as people do beacon shares

Edited by GOEATSOMEFUSHM8

15 minutes ago, GOEATSOMEFUSHM8 said:

It is a piece of gear, are you sure it's equipped?

you should be able to spawn it in any mission where Zanuka would normally attack you, so any corpus mission besides Assassination.

And yes it can be spawned in squads as people do beacon shares

It is equipped 1000000000%

We have tried every single mission possible, it just says cannot be used in this @(*()$ mission.

Solo & Together as a squad, we tried it on phobos spy corpus 1 min ago, still the same answer. It is probably buggframe @(*()$ with us

If another assassin or a death squad already visited, a beacon cannot be used. So it's best to used it at the beginning of a mission. Furthermore there are missions where those enemies do not spawn: syndicate missions, sorties. Don't know if more exceptions exist.

So if the beacons do not work when you use them right at the start of a regular Corpus mission (e.g. Carpo - Jupiter) then it's bugged.

6 hours ago, tsoa said:

If another assassin or a death squad already visited, a beacon cannot be used. So it's best to used it at the beginning of a mission. Furthermore there are missions where those enemies do not spawn: syndicate missions, sorties. Don't know if more exceptions exist.

So if the beacons do not work when you use them right at the start of a regular Corpus mission (e.g. Carpo - Jupiter) then it's bugged.

We did use it at the start of every mission, even played a whole corpus mission trying to get him spawned

Seems like a bug then. 2 options spring to my mind:

1. Open a thread in the bug section of the forum since this is the preferred option to report bugs.
  2. Send in a ticket because you can provide more informations that way.

Either way I'd add a screenshot with the "unavailable in this mission" text.

If you want to send in a ticket, you should not play in solo mode (iirc) and finish the mission as well. My friend once had a bug in an invasion where Zanuka had spawned that made the mission impossible to finish. He ofc failed it and lost 2 Detron parts (he stilled missed at least one of them) and the support team was unable to help because of the failure.

Since I've never send a ticket myself, I just looked up what information should be given in a ticket. Interesting read: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182250-What-information-should-I-give-when-submitting-a-ticket-  I'd recommend sending in the EE.log file and maybe the DxDiag.txt file as well.