Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Blues

p3z1

Excavation, the game mode that was the most fun since its release, now a joke and a pain.

Before: Power up scanner, power up excavator (starts at 40%). Excavators finish a whole room rotation before changing rooms. Requires constant movement, but was engaging. The only pain here was overlapping excavators.
Mid-way: Removed scanner from the map. Excavators still rotated in a single room before moving on. Excavators still overlap.
Now: Nerfed carrier spawn rates. Nerfed excavator spawns (too damned far from each other). Rarely would a tenno have 2 extractors in the same room. Excavators start at 20%, EVEN SOLO.

Then all of a sudden we get Pandero and its 5.5k cryotic cost, while we get 100 per excavator.

No, I'm not gonna whine about Pandero requirements (good stats it seems), I'm gonna whine about Excavation in general.

The changes to Excavator starting energy had 2-4 players in mind, being able to fully power one excavator immediately, or being able to move around. Have 2 players only? One can defend, another can backtrack for batteries. Solo players have no way of getting power cores from other rooms without risking a dead excavator because excavators still don't scale. Oh, brought a warframe that can hold points like frost, too bad carriers don't spawn often, they spawn maybe 2 minutes after waiting for a battery-less excavator doing nothing. Not only do excavators not scale, rewards don't scale as well. No, not the S#&$ty rotations, I'm talking about cryotic rewarded. The only difference why tenno run hieracon instead of tikal is that hieracon has better rotation rewards, but non-scaling cryotic amount per excavator.

Suggested changes:
- Cryotic rewarded should scale with difficulty. Easy at 100, medium at 200, hard at 300.
- Don't want cryotic scaling? Make excavators scale with enemy level, or at least map level.
- Carrier spawn rates should scale inversely with player count. Currently, solo games have the carrier spawn rate of 2-3 players.
- Make excavator starting power scale inversely with number of players. 20% for 3-4 players, 40% for 1-2 players.

No, I haven't built sibear yet because of the BS changes to excavation.