Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I think I understand how rift surge works

Ironlixivium

So, from what I can tell, just running around with him, and with rift torrent (which notifies you how many enemies are under rift surge's affects)

Rift surge, when cast, makes every enemy in the rift near you get "surged", or whatever its called, obviously, but that on its own does nothing.

what actually matters is what happens next. The 'surged' enemies can then either leave the rift, and do the thing no one I've seen is confused about, which is banish themselves and enemies around them back to the rift.

Now to the weird part -- if the surged enemy DIES INSIDE the rift, they will spread the surge to nearby enemies, including those outside the rift.

if it only spreads to rifted enemies, cycle continues as above ^ but if it's spread to enemies OUTSIDE the rift, these enemies can either enter the rift and become like the rifted ones normally, or if they die OUTSIDE the rift, they will harm and knockdown nearby enemies that are surged and INSIDE the rift.

This mechanic is really weird, and I'm not 100% on all of it, but I am sure that the rift spreads outside the rift, and killing those enemies causes a knockdown + damage on rifted, surged, enemies. Tested by banishing a single enemy out of a group (by aiming on the ground near the group), surging, killing, then killing those to see if pre-rifted enemies get affected.

Hope this helped anyone.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Imma have to read this a couple more times because im too confused on how Rift surged works. So enemies that are surged that leave cataclysm can banish themselfs back in the rift without being killed?

yes, any surged enemy that leaves the rift gets sucked back into it, along with everyone around them, as if you personally casted banish on them. It even activates banish's ability timer. in the corner of the screen

7 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

yes, any surged enemy that leaves the rift gets sucked back into it, along with everyone around them, as if you personally casted banish on them. It even activates banish's ability timer. in the corner of the screen

Interesting. Eemies have to be in the rift to get surged right? So if an enemy gets surged and jumps out the rift. He and others around him with get pulled back in. But if an enemies get killed while surged in the rift. The surge will spread to others in it while other damaging others outside of it.

Im not sure if im liking this ability. liked what DE showed before with the mini cataclysms if surged enemies died outside the rift. I thought that was so cool.

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Interesting. Eemies have to be in the rift to get surged right? So if an enemy gets surged and jumps out the rift. He and others around him with get pulled back in. But if an enemies get killed while surged in the rift. The surge will spread to others in it while other damaging others outside of it.

Im not sure if im liking this ability. liked what DE showed before with the mini cataclysms if surged enemies died outside the rift. I thought that was so cool.

yes, they have to be in the rift, and tbh I like this more, a bunch of mini cataclysms would be annoying and give less control over when you're in the rift.

2 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

yes, they have to be in the rift, and tbh I like this more, a bunch of mini cataclysms would be annoying and give less control over when you're in the rift.

It was a little less control yes. But enemies that got caught in them wouldve be put in stasis. Wouldve been nice