Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifier take 0 or no damage

-AxHx-MDeero

Hey...

i have observed this a couple of times now... and it seems to be not just me, couple of friends do have similar issues:

Sometimes (sorry, i cannot put a finger on why and how it comes to be, so you'll have to test and analyze yourself) the Nullifiers do not take any damage at all, neither their shields, nor their bodies (this is unrelated to the newly introduced drones!). 

It seems to be the case more often, when the Nullifier shield just got deployed. I guess the shield is somehow growing by implementation but having a different visual with a fixed size.

Sometimes however it occurs on Shields that have been reduced to their initial size, therefore suddenly stop taking damage. In this case though, it will at some point resume the intended behavior and disappear (taking the damage received), after which the Nullifier body is open for damage again too. This feels like a connection issue. Though saying "connection issue", i mean the implementation of this feature, i did not experience it with a specific ping or bad connections to hosts per se!!! It does occur with very reliable hosts as well.

This is very annoying and frustrating... especially with high level enemies...

please fix this as soon as possible!

PS: On PC... don't and cannot know if it affects other platforms

Edited by MDeero

Noticed the same thing running oceanum spy runs the past few days to level up my Dex Sybaris. Going in stealth with the sybaris and lining up headshots on unalerted nullifiers often results in them taking zero damage (despite damage numbers appearing on the screen).

Found that even though the shots land and no damage is taken, it doesn't break the stealth combo either. However, a follow up shot after the first shot fails always seems to connect and take out the nullifier as it should. So there's definitely something fishy going on.

Edited by Trittium00

I've also noticed the Nullifier somehow avoiding damage, however I mostly play solo so its not an issue of host or not. (As far as I can tell) I took it to the simulacrum for, at most, a few minutes (not much but I had a general idea of how to reproduce the effect) I used my melee to try to kill a level 100 nullifier and some of the time it worked, few swipes they were dead. However I noticed that if they didn't die but the drone was perched on them I could go nuts with my tonbo to noooo visible effect, no damage to health or shielding until the drone tried to reapply a bubble at which point the nullifier started taking damage again. That's just what I've worked out so far, no clue if anyone could elaborate further but in the end you can just add it to the slew of reasons nullifiers catch a bad rap.

• 1 month later...

I am amazed about how few ppl are bugged out about this, it's still happening! It's alos still very annoying.

I also keep noticing: Sometimes the Bubble takes almost 0 Damage, forcing me to empty my complete magazine on the bubble, where at other times only 2 shots deplete it (same enemy level and enemy type). This then most often happens on top of the issue this Thread is for. So I empty my mag, reload, and find myself up against an indestructible bubble. So i wait for it to grow back a little (as explained it seems to make it adhere to the game physics again) only to fire another half mag upon it.

I also found that sometimes (but this is way more rare) even the nullifier drone does not take DMG or takes only a little although one shot should have been enough.