Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Is A Freaking Pain In The Butt Now

Bushinji

I went in for a nightmare mission in Mercury with a level 18 Trinity, Elite Grineer Lancers spawned as high as level 38. Not a problem for my serrated + AP Snipetron (I was one shotting them) and Bolto but my team mates were easily gunned down by mobs.

I felt apologetic as I was the only rank 7 while my teammates were only mastery 1 to 2 and I believed the mobs were scaled directly against my frame and mastery... Hence I believed I caused the problem.

Edited by fatpig84

Well, farming and crafting is sort of the core mechanic of this game and if you take that away, there won't be much left to do...

They didn't take ANYTHING away. They just gave you more options to allow you to bypass farming. Crafting is till there. I've been playing since closed beta and I really only spend money on slots for warframes and weapons, and of course potatoes, and a little more with the addition plat discounts. No one is forcing you to pay. I still do my grind and get what I want that way causes I want to play the game and enjoy it as I progress.

And I like the new difficulty increase though I must say it is getting very hard for solo players. My Loki gets melted by enemies. I like it, I think its cool and makes me stop soloing and get my clan friends which was much more fun anyway, but I understand how this hurts those who have poor connections and prefer solo, I was one of those till I figured out how to optimize my windows for games.

Edit* nightmare modes on begginer planets is not the way to go, and I don't think it was intended. I'm mor than certain this overset will be fixed by DE, rest assured. The game is not too too hrd, but new players need to be taken into consideration

Edited by blackraver

They didn't take ANYTHING away. They just gave you more options to allow you to bypass farming. Crafting is till there. I've been playing since closed beta and I really only spend money on slots for warframes and weapons, and of course potatoes, and a little more with the addition plat discounts. No one is forcing you to pay. I still do my grind and get what I want that way causes I want to play the game and enjoy it as I progress.

They did take something away. They increased the time required to farm Warframe components. Seen that they drop only from bosses, many of whom have become several times tougher with the update.

I guess you're unaffected if you already have every frame you want. But the average player just got much, much farther away from getting their wanted frame, assuming they don't want to pay.

Edited by Winterbraid

I've just got off playing a few missions solo. 

Level 50 Corpus spy mission with level 30 potatoed akboltos and boltor, fully modded for Corpus damage: No problem. Just shoot the weak spots on everyone.

Level 60 Infested mobile defense with potatoed akboltos and hek, with mods for Infested damage: HELL NO. They killed the terminal faster than I could unload all 6 shots and reload. I think the decision for mobs to hit the terminal rather than you even when you're right there in front of it was a big nerf to solo play.

Going further on this, if the entire Sol system got buffed, are we going to be expected to forma and potato our weapons in order to keep up? Will drops of forma and potatoes keep pace with the buff?

As far as I know, DE is trying to capture as much market share as possible, and that includes people from outside the United States who don't have much to spend on any games at all. Heck, I can't spend much on anything at all, but I still need to buy slots and I'm fine with that. If I have to grind for a few days or even a week to get ONE potato or forma, I'm cool with that too. But don't be prejudiced against me because I lack in CASH.

I would like to see an answer from DE on the matter of forma and potatoes and their relation to progressing and farming in game.

Also, what are the chances that casual gamers are going to lose interest and head off for other f2p games once they've gotten their favorite frames and weapons? I think they'd introduce their friends to Warframe instead, and try to tackle nightmare mode or endless defense. A win-win situation for everyone, because everyone will need slots or a color palette at some point, and DE can make money off those as well.

TL;DR: DE, please answer if we will need to buy forma/potatoes to progress further within the game. If you're keeping this game F2P, even F2P players need to buy slots, but will happily grind for mats and credits, even against harder enemies. Making the game harder AND making us pay for forma and potatoes to simply farm our favorite frame is going to hurt everyone.

Edited by Destro6677

Did the blueprint drop rates improve too? Because if not, then making the bosses tougher is a straightforward downgrade to warframe availability.

I'd say it's about even. Resources become the big bottleneck though in crafting. I stopped playing heavily because when you do 5 runs in a row and get common materials from bosses the game gets really boring really quick. And I did farm every frame blueprint in the game (rather than buy any of them whole); only frame I currently don't have is the Nova.