The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any ideas as to how long warframe will be around?

Levenna

12 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

It doesn't suggest a permanent increase in active players, though. I mean, how much of that consists of new playersplaying the game once and then not playing it again? That really says nothing about overall player retention, only that interest in the game periodically increases. And then again, that's only looking at Steam. What are the numbers for Steam players vs non-Steam players? How many of these new Steam players were previous non-Steam players who switched over because of something like Tennogen? The information presented is not enough to indicate whether or not there has been an overall growth in the number of Warframe players, only that there has been a growth in the average number of Steam Warframe players. And given how the increases started around the time Tennogen was introduced, we can't say why the Steam Warframe player base has grown.

The overall statistic is that it gets higher over time, also you said it yourself, it has grown. It kinda does suggest a permanent increase in active players because the statistics are right there, and they show that there are more players as time goes on.

This shows that there are more players regularly playing than there were before.

And also as you mentioned.. non steam players. It's probably safe to say that their numbers are rising as well, while i don't have any statistics for that, i doubt that warframe is slowly dying on every non steam platform

Edited by Wolfsfang202

On 4/1/2017 at 1:45 AM, ThreeFeetOfMagic said:

Still someone who thinks PW owns Warframe I see. 

Still someone who doesn't quite know much but tries to speak a good game!

In 2014, 61% of the company was sold to Chinese holding company Multi Dynamic, now Leyou, for $73 million. President Michael Schmalz and two partners retained 39% of Digital Extremes, and will continue to manage it - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Extremes  or as linked below.

On 4/1/2017 at 3:46 AM, Volinus7 said:

Leyou, not PW.

Still a Chinese company though.

http://leyoutech.com.hk

6 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

In 2014, 61% of the company was sold to Chinese holding company Multi Dynamic, now Leyou, for $73 million. President Michael Schmalz and two partners retained 39% of Digital Extremes, and will continue to manage it - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Extremes  or as linked below.

nice xD

14 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

They bought the remaining 39% and split 3% to PW in first quarter of 2016? http://leyoutech.com.hk/category/company

Edited by Volinus7

10 hours ago, Wolfsfang202 said:

The overall statistic is that it gets higher over time, also you said it yourself, it has grown. It kinda does suggest a permanent increase in active players because the statistics are right there, and they show that there are more players as time goes on.

This shows that there are more players regularly playing than there were before.

And also as you mentioned.. non steam players. It's probably safe to say that their numbers are rising as well, while i don't have any statistics for that, i doubt that warframe is slowly dying on every non steam platform

But we don't know if those stats are comparable to non-Steam players. And we don't know how many of those new Steam players are former non-Steam players. In other words, we really don't know how much it has grown, or if it's even grown. And, that's just talking PC. Only DE has those numbers. Unfortunately, the only numbers DE puts out are total number of registered users. That number says absolutely nothing about how many players are sticking with the game. It'd be great if DE would release information on the number of active players.

10 hours ago, DogManDan said:

No worries. I can admit when I am wrong. Last I actually paid attention to Chinese being involved with the game is when they did the launch in China. Doesn't matter who owns it though so long as it's still up. 

1 hour ago, ThreeFeetOfMagic said:

No worries. I can admit when I am wrong. Last I actually paid attention to Chinese being involved with the game is when they did the launch in China. Doesn't matter who owns it though so long as it's still up. 

who owns it plays the biggest part in how the future of the game goes.

1 hour ago, DogManDan said:

who owns it plays the biggest part in how the future of the game goes.

If it makes money, no reason to take it down. And it's been growing even in current days. Games gonna be fine for sometime. Ive seen games stay online with skeleton player base. 

19 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

But we don't know if those stats are comparable to non-Steam players. And we don't know how many of those new Steam players are former non-Steam players. In other words, we really don't know how much it has grown, or if it's even grown. And, that's just talking PC. Only DE has those numbers. Unfortunately, the only numbers DE puts out are total number of registered users. That number says absolutely nothing about how many players are sticking with the game. It'd be great if DE would release information on the number of active players.

Fair enough, but it's likely that it has

And i agree some official stats would be kinda nice