Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 Is Insane For Beginners

EirikAura

Why do threads like this always conjure hordes of trolls trying to taunt the OP? When a new player has to consult the Wiki to find out why he keeps dying the game is not doing a very good job on being instructive in its tutorial area. Tieing Nightmare Mode into the Mastery system sounds like a good idea but imho level 4 is way too high.

BTW, I would recommend Saturn over Venus.

So... Did you miss the fact that we're BEGINNERS? You have to unlock the levels and Saturn is a long way out from Mercury, isn't it? So it'll take just a little longer until I can skip Venus for Saturn, won't it?

As Kryten would say, "Sarcasm mode, off."

They are the BEGINNING maps. What the hell are we supposed to play? You actually have to unlock the levels, so making the first few 'nightmares' is stupid, and as I said, game-killing. How do you get new players if the first few levels are that hard even the higher players call them nightmares?

the high players must be newbies then because i am a high lvl player and i can fight my way through most of the nightmares solo once you know how it works you can beat it

So... Did you miss the fact that we're BEGINNERS? You have to unlock the levels and Saturn is a long way out from Mercury, isn't it? So it'll take just a little longer until I can skip Venus for Saturn, won't it?

As Kryten would say, "Sarcasm mode, off."

nightmare levels don't become playable until after you unlock all the missions within that planet or section of the system meaning new players should not have to deal with nightmare missions

nightmare levels don't become playable until after you unlock all the missions within that planet or section of the system meaning new players should not have to deal with nightmare missions

Didn't know this. I thought it was a bit harsh. Thanks. Off option would be nice though.

the high players must be newbies then because i am a high lvl player and i can fight my way through most of the nightmares solo once you know how it works you can beat it

As I've said before, try it with an unranked frame and weapons then tell me you can ace it solo.

Things are better this morning, only 1 nightmare level on Mercury which means we can at least play a few different missions and level a bit.

I am aware of that but when you've only unlocked 3 missions and 2 are nightmare what do you do?

To the 

Ok so I only started playing 2 days ago and was enjoying it. Then comes U9 and I get slaughtered on the first mission. The enemy force levels are insane, there's enemies I've never seen that can wipe me in seconds and they clump together like fleas on a dog. 

U9 is not fun, it's a game-killer. I play co-op with my wife, she's the melee expert I'm the sniper/ranged type. Even together we can't get anywhere on this update. 

What were the thought processes on this update?

"Oh, you've been wounded? Lets set your health to drop continuously so you bleed out!"

"Hey, here's an idea. They're picking up too much stuff, lets give them a time limit so they take longer to progress!"

"Nah, those bad guys were lame, they need to learn against much tougher guys!"

And other, lets-make-the-newbies-quit comments?

We ain't all super-high-level cash cows, some of us actually play for fun - and U9 is no longer fun.

If you ever want help with missions and advice give me a buzz; add me as a friend.

Exactly, newbies DON'T know the mechanics and are thrust into stupid-hard-level to begin with. It's be nice if the damn game explained wtf a skull meant (thanks for the heads up, we didn't know) and this with reading the how-tos and wiki to figure things out. 

Still very undecided if we'll stay on. (I'm the 'melee wife' lol)

It says Nightmare mode and plays scary music... :|

Oh, that's what a skull is?  I was wondering... and they are dim and only show up on mouse-over (like whether or not there's a squad there) so it's hard to take it into account when figuring out to go.

UI really needs to be brightened up and have bigger text on the selection screens...

I have a GREAT idea.

Nerf the hell out of everything, put it back to how it was in U8 with Enemy Levels and damage and have nightmare mode as a RARE occurance or as an Alert like thing.

I can no longer enjoy the game, can't even do a Solo run anymore, and the fu*king bosses, they're WAY harder than I remember.

Exactly, newbies DON'T know the mechanics and are thrust into stupid-hard-level to begin with. It's be nice if the damn game explained wtf a skull meant (thanks for the heads up, we didn't know) and this with reading the how-tos and wiki to figure things out. 

Still very undecided if we'll stay on. (I'm the 'melee wife' lol)

2 days playing, just managed to finish most of the Mercury levels and they change the system so we can't do them over to up our levels. I've only just reached level 1 and the last levels in Mercury are now listed as level 3-7. How are you supposed to gain xp?

Might be better to join a mid-sized clan so that you can finish the missions with a full squad?

Just a suggestion. It'll also make the grind more bearable, whilst helping ya'll learn the ropes at the same time.

It says Nightmare mode and plays scary music... :|

You actually have the in-game music enabled? I guess someone has to...

To all those who offered help, thank you :) We do prefer to play as a couple so won't be asking much, it's just the shock to the system of such a radical change that got to us. We managed quite well on Venus last night so should be ok

A thought to all who suggest joining a clan, i have seen this so many times now.

The thing is, some might want to solo or play random.

If clans are the Solution, then do this.

Divide the game into solo and random and Clan.

that way the maps, story arcs etc can scale accordingly.

The singelp arc could be more or less its own game, whena you are up for it, play mp.

Make sense? I am still hoping for more stealth, ai, and story.

i have kids, and time is precious. I love the design of the game and hope to keep playing for a long time.

I play a Warframe because I like to play solo mode and have fun. U9 increase the level of difficulty and I die easily with Warframe level 10-20 and i  have weapon lvl 30 .... before i use Lex pistol and in earth's map i kill in 1 shot ... now since updating my gun does less damage, i shot 4 or 5 in the same map.

the difficulty level of the game was too increased at once and I'm not talking about nightmares modes.

Draconaa, when you are talking about you being level 1 and the enemies being higher leveled, I believe you are looking at your Mastery Rank vs their difficulty level. 

Your Mastery Rank is improved by using different weapons, Warframes and Sentinels. These are completely separate from the difficulty level of the enemies. This is your progress as a player, a gauge at how experienced with different things you are. Ranking this? Completely optional. Want to rank it? Use more, different things. Don't care? Use what you like, what you're comfortable with and wreck face.

The difficulty level will pertain to your abilities as a PLAYER and to the levels of your weapons and warframes themselves. Are the enemies 2-7? To ahead and bring some level 1-2 stuff in. Are the enemies 60-90? Better grab that level 30 forma'd gear, just in case. These levels have nothing to do with your Mastery Rank and I can see where the confusion comes from. I hope this will assist you and your significant other to be better able to explore more into the system. 

Again, the levels of the enemies and your rank (The Bar and number that appears at the top of your screen in the menus) are completely different. You want to compare those levels instead to your equipped gear and gauge how those will compare, as well as your ability as a player. You technically can bring unleveled/low leveled gear to a level 90 area, but you better be prepared to expend quite a bit of ammo and energy. 

Ok, things seem to be worse again today. We are having severe difficulty in even the supposed normal levels. Enemies that teleport us all over the shot, for a start. When the hell did they appear in Mercury? They don't seem to die, either. I slash dashed them twice and they're still standing there shooting me. 4 or 5 clips and they finally die, 

And PLEASE, think a second. IF WE HAD LVL 30 STUFF WE'D BE USING IT! We Are New. Got That? The title of the thread didn't give it away? We don't HAVE that stuff because we are NEW. So stop telling us to use the modded, forma'ed (whatever that is) lvl30+ stuff and wake the hell UP.

Ok, things seem to be worse again today. We are having severe difficulty in even the supposed normal levels. Enemies that teleport us all over the shot, for a start. When the hell did they appear in Mercury? They don't seem to die, either. I slash dashed them twice and they're still standing there shooting me. 4 or 5 clips and they finally die, 

And PLEASE, think a second. IF WE HAD LVL 30 STUFF WE'D BE USING IT! We Are New. Got That? The title of the thread didn't give it away? We don't HAVE that stuff because we are NEW. So stop telling us to use the modded, forma'ed (whatever that is) lvl30+ stuff and wake the hell UP.

i was using an example for later level stuff, more along the lines of Eris or Tower 3 levels. I was merely trying to help relieve some of the confusion and enable you to move on. No need to get angry with me. 

You should be fine with your current gear going into Mercury, Venus and other areas. Also, the guys teleporting you are called Grineer Commanders. Usually, they're more of a nuisance than anything else. They apparently replaced the Heavy Gunners as the first large Grineer unit you come across. These are Heavy Units and require different tactics and more firepower to defeat. Also, aim for the head. 

I headshot as much as possible but tbh the base weaps I have, even with lvl 12 and all the mods I can muster, don't have any effect whatsoever. These are insane for our level.

It gets better, I promise, I would say, try to move on to the next areas. You'll be able to harvest up more and rarer mods, as well as being able to get things like fusion cores, materials for better weapons, etc. And more credits, and more affinity.

Venus is the only other area we can go to and we're struggling there. We don't like to have more people with us most of the time as it's something we play together. Having the difficulty ramp up so fast even on levels we could do is just killing all the fun for us. If it stays like this we won't reach those levels as we don't play to get frustrated/angry/etc

Dislike. This game is not really hard. Yes, it became harder since update, but it makes game only a little bit more like a challenge, not unplayable. How it actually should be since start. I dunno why did they make game harder only now.
And don't tell me that there are no low-lvl missions. If you are playing just for fun and don't wanna farm like others - go play easiest missions, 20-30 missions are almost similar to 60-70. You had 50 plat at start and could get potatoe and easy play even on 40+ missions if you have weapon lvl 20+. Weapon lvl 20+ you can get by 2 days of "fun-playin'". I don't see any problem here. This is online action shooter, not another singleplayer casual "spam-one-button-to-win" game. Or you are trying to farm Xini duo with unmoded weapon lvl 14? 

p.s. you become a bit rude with this "We ain't all super-high-level cash cows".

Edited by Angelorn