Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 Is Insane For Beginners

EirikAura

Dislike. This game is not really hard. 

Well ain't we a chirpy little twerp! Tell you what, why don't you tell us all how you got to be the Lord High Executioner for the game? Or just go away. Either is good.

Edited by EirikAura

ya know it's sad when we get more fun out of the forums than the game :-/

. If you are playing just for fun and don't wanna farm like others - go play easiest missions, 20-30 missions are almost similar to 60-70. You had 50 plat at start and could get potatoe and easy play even on 40+ missions if you have weapon lvl 20+. Weapon lvl 20+ you can get by 2 days of "fun-playin'". I don't see any problem here.Or you are trying to farm Xini duo with unmoded weapon lvl 14? 

I have no clue wtf you are talking about.... 

go play easiest missions, 20-30 missions are almost similar to 60-70. 

Incidentally, you did note that we're new? So lvl 20-30 is over double what we have at present? Which makes your entire statement (incoherent as it was) completely irrelevant.

And yes, we're actually having more fun sniping trolls on my thread than playing the game right now. Sad, isn't it?

For grineer, an armor-piercing mod is essential - Piercing Hit for rifles, No Return for pistols and Flechette for shotguns. You will have a much easier time if you fuse together a bunch of Piercing Hit mods and throw them on your Braton (which, by the way, is one of the finest weapons in the entire game, and buyable with credits, too...).

Armor Piercing damage is effective against Corpus Crewmen, too, if you aim for their massive box heads.

As regards your frame itself, these mods are more or less mandatory for your survival; Redirection (Shield boost), Vitality (Health Boost), Fast Deflection (shield recharge). Put as much into them as you can through Fusion, as they will be useful forever.

Venus is the only other area we can go to and we're struggling there. We don't like to have more people with us most of the time as it's something we play together. Having the difficulty ramp up so fast even on levels we could do is just killing all the fun for us. If it stays like this we won't reach those levels as we don't play to get frustrated/angry/etc

Realistically, you have 3 choices. 1. Struggle through the game with just the two of you. When you get mods that are appropriate, you'll do better, even with just two. Realistically, if you want help looking for what to use, look at the wiki. Plenty of assistance there. 2. Invite people to play with you, whether friends or kids or what have you. Makes the game a little more manageable. 3. Go online for a while to get the stuff you need and to progress through the game. One of the best choices you can make. Even in online play, most styles of combat are still viable. And even if you don't get a single kill, so what? You still get Affinity anyways, as well as everything else. 

Honestly, though, at this point, you just seem too defensive to be open to advice or assistance. *shrug* I've tried at least and was met with hostility. 

2. Invite people to play with you, whether friends or kids or what have you. Makes the game a little more manageable. 

This is a very good idea. There are plenty of people here, myself included, who have lower level/unranked gear and frames that they want to test out on planets like Venus and Saturn. In this way we can assist you without carrying you - nobody wants to be carried, of course.

Personally, I like to take it easy, open all the containers, explore all the side rooms and generally have a chill experience. If you feel like playing with forumers, shortlist me (or just add me in-game).

To UnearthedArcana and Drakontis, thank you for the help and info. Also to others who have helped us figure things out, thank you. 

Drakontis, the main reason we may have had any frustration (not hostility) was due to people suggesting we use our 20-30 level items and stop whinging, when we only have our initial warframe to level 12. We try to level as we can and we've played a few open games where others join (that's usually how we get thru the harder ones). We've only cleared Mercury and a small part of Venus. That's it. Saturn is, at the moment, a teeny bit pre-emptive. 

Drakontis, thank you for the help and info. It does help. I think you can see, if you read the whole thread, where my frustration was coming from though. So many people telling us it's easy, stop whining, just go to Saturn, use higher kit, etc., and so forth. Thankfully a few good eggs in the bunch though, with solid suggestions. Those we will take on board.

To UnearthedArcana and Drakontis, thank you for the help and info. Also to others who have helped us figure things out, thank you. 

Drakontis, the main reason we may have had any frustration (not hostility) was due to people suggesting we use our 20-30 level items and stop whinging, when we only have our initial warframe to level 12. We try to level as we can and we've played a few open games where others join (that's usually how we get thru the harder ones). We've only cleared Mercury and a small part of Venus. That's it. Saturn is, at the moment, a teeny bit pre-emptive. 

When I mentioned higher level gear, it was in reference to higher level areas, as well as stating that your Mastery Rank, which just starting out, is at 1, does not affect where you go as much as the level of your actual gear, which, when matched with mods, is what actually gets you places. 

I know your pain, EirikAura. I'm still in my Excalibur warframe (though now it's at level 24 with plenty of mods), trying to farm rubedo for my Volt set. After this patch, I just can't farm anymore, can't take it easy and check every locker there is to find in the maps, because the enemy mobs received this ridiculous buff and difficulty increase. Most often than not I'm being rushed from one end to the other with no time to even appreciate the levels themselves. Hell, I managed to solo Vor before the patch, and while it wasn't easy for me (I only started playing this week) I still managed to land him a kick in the nards and get some loot. Now I can't even get close to the guy, mobs keep zerg rushing me more than the actual Starcraft zerg do.

Devs want feedback? Here's mine:

Please remove this difficulty increase in the early levels/planets. Grinding for stuff was hard before, now it's even harder with the messed up droprates and zerg rushes.

I challenge even the good players to go do the first mission AS A NEWB with a newb frame and no updates. Nightmare? Why yes, I think it would be.

I took a fresh out of the foundary banshee (no powers) with level 0 snipetron vandal (great weapon, not really fair for this experiment for mercury content) and Throwing stars (hikou?) and a Bo staff (terrible vs. greneer).

I leveled up just fine. 

However, I know the maps, the controls, have better than starting weapons... but my assessment is that you should be fine with starter frames in Mercury.

Also, really... nightmare isn't for new players... don't do it.  I put a potato on the banshee and got maxed sonic boom and base sound quake and was barely able to finish a nighmare run on Lares... and thats knowing the map/rooms, what to expect... all that jazz.  Stay off nightmare in mercury until you've at least killed Vor once.  Also, pick up Kunai or throwing stars at the foundary and try to craft them... its worth selling mods to get that blueprint ASAP, don't stall thinking upgrades on your crappy starter guns will help... GET GOOD WEAPONS FIRST!

Devs want feedback? Here's mine:

Please remove this difficulty increase in the early levels/planets. Grinding for stuff was hard before, now it's even harder with the messed up droprates and zerg rushes.

While we're at this, for the love of god, explain stuff in the game.

Having to ask people outside of your game why you're having such an hard time with the game because nothing in the game told you you were playing on super hard mode shouldn't happen.

Edited by RealityMachina

Having to ask people outside of your game why you're having such an hard time with the game because nothing in the game told you you were playing on super hard mode shouldn't happen.

QFT.

Lots of games these days don't have any kind of documentation explaining what's going on in the game.  Games in BETA communicate changes through patch notes that not everyone reads.  Even being on the forums, watching the live streams, and reading the wiki, I still am mystified by some things.

I took a fresh out of the foundary banshee (no powers) with level 0 snipetron vandal (great weapon, not really fair for this experiment for mercury content) and Throwing stars (hikou?) and a Bo staff (terrible vs. greneer).

Hmm now try it with a base frame, one of the 3 you can get starting out... say a Loki, with base guns and sword. No mods. 75 health. Still easy? 

AGREED!!!

Oh, and the whole "But it's BETA!" doesn't rub with me. You want beta, don't do such a huge cash shop. I don't mind paying into games and have done many times, but only when the game was playable and enjoyable.

Tonight we got some great help and passed a few missions we'dve had no chance on alone. Kudos go to UnearthedArcana for the help :)

They should implement an option if you want to play Nightmare Mode or not.

To elaborate; you click on a "skulled" level, and the game asks if you want to do the nightmare version or not. That way rookies aren't deadlocked, while veterans can play defense missions to farm goodies.

To OP and his wife. You said that you got stuck with level 1 and the planets require lvl 2. I bet you misunderstood leveling system in this game. The levels on planets represent enemis's levels. And if by "level 1" you mean those level that appear right next to your name in the starting screen, then nevermind it. Its mastery level, which means nothing besides the ability to use the most powerful weapons. The levels that matter is your warframe and weapon levels.

I see that Nightmare can be really tough for newbies, but I think DE will patch it soon and make it optional.

Okay, i was wrong. You're even more funny than i thought.

U9 is not fun, it's a game-killer. I play co-op with my wife, she's the melee expert I'm the sniper/ranged type. Even together we can't get anywhere on this update. 

So you are playing 2 days. Not month or even week. And already telling us about game-killer updates? Ridiculous.

If you are bad at games - why'd you play them? There are lots of easy and funny games. Even with Co-op. Why don't you try them instead of yelling "Im the smartest one! This game is too hard, make is one-button-spam-to-win please! I don't care that there are some players that enjoying this updates!". First of all - think before post. I'm not a "just another hater", could even help you anyhow, but you wasn't asking for advice or guides for building your weapon or wframe. You're just telling that we are "super-high-level cash cows" and this games isn't fun at all. Sounds like "Bring it to alpha version so may be I will have fun here." Brilliant.

What about me  - i was soloing even high lvl missions with unopotatoed Mag. She wasn't that good before update 9. And it was hard enough sometimes, yeah. But i was trying again and again. Hiding from infesteds to don't let them catch me, using tactics to kill bosses. Did you even try to do someting with your own hands before posting something like this on forums? If this game is too hard - play in full group untill you can play duo with your melee expert wife. (Don't tell me she's playng Mag just because she's female. Melee expert Mag. Srsly.)

Best regards, Angelorn.

p.s. I guess you are not the one of "Dark Souls" or "Pandora Saga" fans. xD

p.p.s. Sorry for my poor english. :3

Edited by Angelorn

Oh, Angelorn... You do try so hard, so trying...

We play co-op on a number of games. Don't know either of those though. I don't want a spam-win, who does? I want a game where I can actually learn the damn game without dying every mission. Where I can actually level up and grow without needing a team to run a level. Is that so hard?

What about you? Oh, you're Soooo wonderful!!!11 You can do anything! 

Yeah, whatever. You know the missions, you're obviously a hardcore Billy Nomates who just sits and plays. Obviously, right? Actually, I have no clue, you could be the life and soul of the party - I can only judge you from what you type, and I choose not to.

I would appreciate it if you would keep your judgemental comments on me next time - and OFF my wife.

She plays the same frame as me, an Excalibur. 

Hmm now try it with a base frame, one of the 3 you can get starting out... say a Loki, with base guns and sword. No mods. 75 health. Still easy? 

I started on loki 2 updates ago.  I know what its like.  I could just take off all my mods but the level bonus would remain and I don't feel like starting a new account just to show you things I know about the game that you have yet to learn.

The point is, with base weapons and starter frames, you should be able to level fine on Mercury.  You can't do Skull missions, don't try... you have to learn the tile sets before you can hope to navigate a nightmare mission even with good frames.  But the normal missions are completely accessible.

What you are experiencing isn't update 9, its just the normal learning curve for Warframe.  FWIW, you need to farm a bit on Terminus and practice your moves.

If you are running Loki, get decoy and invisibility.  Don't worry about the other powers until you have some vitality/redirection mods leveled up. 

Lastly, stick to my earlier advice : Sell everything you can till you get the money for a Kunai/Hikou blueprint, then farm those mats as best you can... the game gets MUCH easier with good weapons... trust me on this one.  A good intermediate step is to build a Lex or Braton Mk1.

Edit : One other bit of advice : Buy a catylist for your frame and put it in there... makes life soooo much easier.

Edited by Troublechutor

FWIW, you need to farm a bit on Terminus and practice your moves.

So what you're suggesting is that, as a beginner, I basically have to do the same mission over and over just to get good enough to get further... How, um... "exciting".

I've played a lot of games, and not one of them has made me do that just to keep playing. I'm no spring chicken here, I've been around the block. Half the fun of playing is the new challenges. Having the early levels ramp up so fast is not helping me get into the game. By that I also mean the increases in the Mercury levels after clearing that are not skulled. I understand that farming a level helps but when the level levels faster than my kit does it's not helping matters :S

Oh, and the whole "But it's BETA!" doesn't rub with me. You want beta, don't do such a huge cash shop. I don't mind paying into games and have done many times, but only when the game was playable and enjoyable.

Tonight we got some great help and passed a few missions we'dve had no chance on alone. Kudos go to UnearthedArcana for the help :)

First of all, no worries. I'm around most days at about 6PM GMT, and all day on sundays and mondays.

Now, I like that there's a cash shop, because it means I can get things that I want in a timely fashion regardless of my 50 hour work week, and enables me to support a game that I love - the fact is, the only way this game will ever get out of beta is by people purchasing premium stuff, as it's being self-published by DE and funded entirely by microtransactions; those who pay in allow the game to exist at all, and in a way that allows the developers to continue to exercise their full artistic vision.

If Warframe were being published by a third party, it would not be the game we know. I guarantee it.

As regards missions, we did Vor on Nightmare Mode before you guys signed off. Even with our health constantly draining, we dealt with the mission and the boss quite handily, and as much as I enjoyed playing with you I'm fully confident that you could tackle that stage by yourselves. As it has always been, the game is only a struggle when you're just starting - when I was brand new, when closed beta was just about to come to an end, I fell many times on Mercury, and it was a while before I could handle Infested missions at all.

With experience, though, I learned to overcome all of these challenges. Once I picked up a Strun and a Braton (both obtainable with credits - recommended) and started putting serious work into Redirection and Vitality, everything became much simpler - I think you're at or approaching the stage now where you can seriously think about soloing or 2-manning Extermination and Capture missions (the two easiest types to do when you're shorthanded, in my opinion).

There's always been a certain curve to the difficulty a new player experiences with this game, even all the way back in closed beta - it's real hard until you pick up a decent number of shield, health and armor piercing mods to be able to fuse them all together, and then you just start taking heads left and right.

So, just did the Infested Nightmare in Mercury with a Rank 6 Ash. My only mods where Shuriken, Smoke Screen and Rifle Amp. Used a brand new MK-1 Braton and a Lato, both without mods. And seeing that I'm not going to build a Skana for something as dumb as that, I took my Glaive with no mods.

The mission went just fine, TBH. Slightly harder, sure. I goofed up in some parts, I admit, but everything went fine. And considering you play with your wife, probably have some mods instaled in your weapons already, and might even have the Cronus and the Braton, I think you should be fine. I'll post the video later.

PS: the old Vor was a joke. If you found him hard, even if you're new, the problem might be you. Try looking up some good builds for your current gear or something. M Prime rarely is a nightmare mission, and hell, you can usually just run through them.