Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 Is Insane For Beginners

EirikAura

So what you're suggesting is that, as a beginner, I basically have to do the same mission over and over just to get good enough to get further... How, um... "exciting".

I've played a lot of games, and not one of them has made me do that just to keep playing. I'm no spring chicken here, I've been around the block. Half the fun of playing is the new challenges. Having the early levels ramp up so fast is not helping me get into the game. By that I also mean the increases in the Mercury levels after clearing that are not skulled. I understand that farming a level helps but when the level levels faster than my kit does it's not helping matters :S

Well, I solo'd all the way to Pluto with Loki, and I spent about a week just farming jupiter and earth because I needed the time, experience (for me, not in the game) and levels.  I did it without potatoes because of the famine.... so I'm sorry if I don't feel overly sympathetic towards your plight my friend.  At least you have a steady partner to run with.

In short, some of us are giving you some advice, you can take it or you can complain.  Your call.

So what you're suggesting is that, as a beginner, I basically have to do the same mission over and over just to get good enough to get further... How, um... "exciting".

I've played a lot of games, and not one of them has made me do that just to keep playing. I'm no spring chicken here, I've been around the block. Half the fun of playing is the new challenges. Having the early levels ramp up so fast is not helping me get into the game. By that I also mean the increases in the Mercury levels after clearing that are not skulled. I understand that farming a level helps but when the level levels faster than my kit does it's not helping matters :S

But what about that Venus , that Earth ? And i find that this thread is getting more about whining ( or complaining without trying to find the way to solve the problem )

Edited by Frostmire

my only say in this is:

make a new account or play a mod-less warframe with starter weapons on Mercury, if this is still consider easy. that's because u know what to do.

for new player they have no idea what the F is going on...

no new player will look up wiki on the game before playing it.

no no no, tell DE to make each and every room are filled with 50 over enemies in which are immune to ability/DOT attacks

that will be challenging right?? wornt it?

DO WANT

DO WANT

DO WANT

DO WANT

DO WANT

cant wait to see every player rage on this.

There's a lot of love and a little hate going on in this thread, but it's nice to get a newbie's impression of the patch. I've been playing a couple of weeks now with a good offline (real life) friend.

This patch has definitely made the game more challenging, but imho, this game needed a challenge. I've just started a virgin Loki today and the Mercury missions were definitely a challenge. I managed to solo them, but now I'm established in the game I always run with a "fall-back" weapon that has a fairly high level. I'll use my low level weapons, but when struggling, I'll pull out the ace-in-the-hole. I understand that this is not really an option for newer players, but I recommend this strategy generally. In reference to difficulty, using my 30 Ash, I've failed 5 nightmare missions and succeeded in 2 solo, and I'm thankful to DE for this. Without a challenge, I fall into a "comfort zone", stop improving at the game and eventually get bored. For newer players, the difficulty might ramp up too quickly (it's a beta and things need tweaking), but when over the initial hurdle, I think that newer players will come to appreciate the changes.

I'm kind of lazy when it comes to swapping out mods between weapons and gear, so all my warframes and weapons have their own mods. This is a bit restrictive and means that I can see more clearly the challenges that newer players have. However, as others have said, I do have a knowledge of level shortcuts, strategies and maneuvers that might not be obvious to newer players. I spent my first couple of days in the game learning the controls and exchanging notes how to perform moves. While doing this, I levelled up quite a bit without really noticing progression through the planets. It would be good if this new player experience could be combined with the "Nightmare" system, without forcing players into it.

I'm kinda rambling here, but I guess my point is that "Nightmare" missions shouldn't be expected to be completed on the first attempt. I'm old-school though. I can remember the games where after hours of playing, you had to go back to the beginning if you died. LOL

Now, I enjoy looking around, finding the secrets, improving my character and kicking &#! as a space ninja. :D

Happy hunting everyone.

Contact me in game for void runs, low-level progression runs, all-corners farming runs or speed runs to farm bosses. I enjoy it all. ;)

Edited by FractalMind

Rage is fun. On other news, youtube just bugged out and canceled my upload. One hour that I could have been playing Bioshock down the drain ;_;

If you start the upload, then tell YT to pause and do it later, it'll remember how much you've done in case it screws up somewhere. Under the old system losing an upload past 50% was just tragic.

Farm enough to build a regular Braton.

I'm not even kidding, the MK-1 Braton really sucks. 

This should be enough, considering that's how a newer friend of mine played through it to Saturn, nightmare and all.

Spam melee charge attacks, one hits many things for a long time or with a few extra shots

Edited by Aishi

Farm enough to build a regular Braton.

I'm not even kidding, the MK-1 Braton really sucks. 

This should be enough, considering that's how a newer friend of mine played through it to Saturn, nightmare and all.

Spam melee charge attacks, one hits many things for a long time or with a few extra shots

I very much dislike the Braton. It does so little damage it's like firing a toy gun. I find that I need a whole clip to kill even a weak enemy and run out of ammo ridiculously quickly. It's available ready-built for credits, but the Latron is a far better gun if you have even a moderate amount of player skill. High damage per shot coupled with excellent accuracy and a fairly decent scope for head shots means I've never run out of ammo on it, even on void runs. Ok, you need to farm the materials (I only spend real money on slots), but if you have access to the areas where they drop (and if DE fix the drop rates) then this is a far superior weapon.

Because of the improved accuracy and ammo efficiency, I prefer the "newb weapon" MK1-Braton to the Braton any day. Head shots FTW.

Edited by FractalMind

To be honest... I decided to do Tolstoj to see Vor. Suddenly everything is level 20+ with shields and enhanced damage. This was also the first time I found out what the skull meant as I was taking health damage per second in low gravity.

I typically go there to start off on unranked weapons but this is apparently not the case any more. I couldn't hurt anything but I died very very quickly as a 30 loki.

My shields would never regenerate as every time I went for cover there was a horde of grineer just coincidentally always there shooting me when that particular area was just cleared by me seconds prior. Keep in mind this was about 50 feet behind me in a corner. A place I just ravaged and looted and I made sure nothing was there to use as cover.

I lost 3 revives just doing Vor because of the low gravity stupidity. I rolled when I did not want to and did not press buttons to do so. My frame decided to climb ledges and get stuck on railings when running up stairs for no reason.

I immediately knew something was wrong when the first boss on mercury (you know...the place for people >10) was level 45 and hit like a truck. Couple that with the endless horde of level 20+ grineer never leaving you alone. This is not what new players need to be up against.

This is stupid and unfun. All the new players get at this point is a Skana, a plastic Braton, and a Lato. Suddenly they are forced to mid-game difficulty where these guns are absolutely worthless because they aren't at the point to where they can farm mods.

I'm just shaking my head at the people suggesting to farm up and get X. They can't. They are trying to progress. The difficulty unexplainably ramped up and shoved them off a cliff. The first system is not a good place to farm for materials if you can't pass it. Players should not be forced to farm, pay, or join a clan just to get by the first set of entry missions.

Edited by Flyingbox

I forma'd Ash earlier and did Mercury, yup, did not go well, even low level enemies were one-shotting me. There's an increased amount of enemies per room now and with my frame not having any abilities since he was at lvl0, there was nothing I could do.

Edited by __Kanade__

To be honest... I decided to do Tolstoj to see Vor. Suddenly everything is level 20+ with shields and enhanced damage. This was also the first time I found out what the skull meant as I was taking health damage per second in low gravity.

I typically go there to start off on unranked weapons but this is apparently not the case any more. I couldn't hurt anything but I died very very quickly as a 30 loki.

My shields would never regenerate as every time I went for cover there was a horde of grineer just coincidentally always there shooting me when that particular area was just cleared by me seconds prior. Keep in mind this was about 50 feet behind me in a corner. A place I just ravaged and looted and I made sure nothing was there to use as cover.

I lost 3 revives just doing Vor because of the low gravity stupidity. I rolled when I did not want to and did not press buttons to do so. My frame decided to climb ledges and get stuck on railings when running up stairs for no reason.

I immediately knew something was wrong when the first boss on mercury (you know...the place for people >10) was level 45 and hit like a truck. Couple that with the endless horde of level 20+ grineer never leaving you alone. This is not what new players need to be up against.

This is stupid and unfun. All the new players get at this point is a Skana, a plastic Braton, and a Lato. Suddenly they are forced to mid-game difficulty where these guns are absolutely worthless because they aren't at the point to where they can farm mods.

I'm just shaking my head at the people suggesting to farm up and get X. They can't. They are trying to progress. The difficulty unexplainably ramped up and shoved them off a cliff. The first system is not a good place to farm for materials if you can't pass it. Players should not be forced to farm, pay, or join a clan just to get by the first set of entry missions.

I played with these guys (the OP) for an hour or so. We did Venus (Kiliken wave 10 twice and a nightmare datamass mission) and Nightmare Vor, and they had no problems. In my assessment they have reached the point where they can now progress normally - I very much doubt my presence made a whole lot of difference, since I was using brand new gear.

As I've said, there's always been a short difficulty hill when you're brand new to warframe, and then once you reach the peak things become much easier much faster. The size of that hill has just been increased somewhat.

"I died very very quickly as a 30 loki."

Bosses now scale with the player. If you went in as a level 30 frame then you can expect a boss that is a challenge for a level 30 frame. There are no more easy rides for the experienced players. How this scales to low level players is the theme of this thread, though.

Also, the effect this has on the farming in the game is also an open question right now. Loot tables are hopelessly broken since the patch so it's anyone's guess how this is actually going to affect progression when it all gets ironed out. If materials get hopelessly hard to get at higher levels then I can see this game faltering in it's otherwise ballistic ascension.

Edit: Cross-posted with the previous post. I wouldn't have quoted the entire post above if I'd known, but cba to edit more thoroughly. Please forgive. ;)

Edited by FractalMind

I have been surprised and confused. Sometimes the enemies were everywere, seemingly teleporting in, trapping me.

Other times it was easy.

Im talking about Mercury now, and the levels seem redone.

I played Vor in a team, and it was strange, he kept hiding in a bubble.

Sometimes some grunts appeared, but overall he died fast, exepr for the bubble lol.

He did not seen harder, maby it was bugged?

And nightmare with decreasing health. I died while waiting for extraction. Othets as well.

Seemed somehow missplaced.

And another thing, is not the starmap more difficult now?

Crappy phonespelling, sorry.

Btw, i am Loki lvl 28.

Edited by arch111

I very much doubt my presence made a whole lot of difference, since I was using brand new gear.

No, you made a big difference, as did the other guy who joined us. The difference between 2 players going for it and 4 is huge, and not just for the firepower. It's also the extra firing arcs, the fact that you have the chance to run round a corner and let your shield recharge while the others carry the load and the simple knowledge of the level.

Yes, the levels definitely are increasing in difficulty, but they are increasing faster than I am - to whit, the Commanders suddenly appearing in Mercury missions. My Mk 1 Braton does peashooter damage against him and I can't get away to recharge cause he TP's me back into the middle of the grunts. I don't have a superduper weapon to swap to so I just have to keep plugging at him, trying for the headshot and, yeah, dying. A lot. 

It makes sense to ramp things up for more experienced players, but you will lose the less experienced players if you ramp up past their levels.

I know I'm no games master. I have other things I do with my life, gaming is just one part. I do however normally hold my own, and as I say I've been around the block a few times. What the hardcore game fiends forget is it takes a lot of pluggers like me to keep a game like this going, there are not enough of you to keep the servers afloat. You want insane difficulty, we want to enjoy a challenging game. This is not incompatible, many other games have done it. Flatten the learning curve a little, this shouldn't even affect the hardcores as it's the learning curve and you have already learnt. Give us the possibility of getting weapons that we can use early enough that we can benefit from them when the levels increase, and not cash-shop-only weapons. Even knocking a couple of decent weapons down from mastery 2 to mastery 1 would help. So far I think there's one only. 

There are several weapons that you can get your hands on at your rank. If you want a melee weapon that is great for controlling enemies I would suggest a Kestrel, the Burston is a very nice rifke out to midrange and if you get a couple of vipers and the blueprint for it the twin vipers become a nice option for your sidearm.

Braton is fine, I can put a precise 3 round burst head shot with little issues.

Burston has a solidly deserved damage upgrade although the recoil will throw you off if you are new to this. But it is relatively cheap to make, and even if you can't hit heads for crap, aiming for center mass will still massive damage since there is a chance the 3rd shot nails them in the face while the 1st and 2nd bullet hit for 30 each.

Latron if you can wait up a little longer but it is a finesse weapon.

You need to control your fingers and learn to count shots and a backup weapon for close encounters. 

Usually the Sicarus or Aklato will do fine as a early backup.

But my first growing pains weapon set was the Braton, Lex and the Cronus.

Lex is very powerful at these levels since it is as accurate as the user and 70 damage can drop most level 1 to 10 grineer with a headshot 

Edited by fatpig84

2 days playing, just managed to finish most of the Mercury levels and they change the system so we can't do them over to up our levels. I've only just reached level 1 and the last levels in Mercury are now listed as level 3-7. How are you supposed to gain xp?

You have a master rank of 1, the levels are of the enemies on that specific map, excluding any bosses that may be there. You can level up your rank by leveling weapons and warframes, 200 xp per frame and 100 per weapon level, so once you hit the level cap of 30 on weapons you can change to another to gain more exp.

Genuine thread with valid posts. As much as I love this update, I can see how they really failed to cater to the newer audiences.

They made the planet choosing easier, but the colors can be misleading, the skulls aren't explained, the planets no longer tell you what they drop material wise(they have a symbol yes, but newer players have no idea what that symbol even means), and overall there has been an extreme lack of information.

For example how exp works in solo vs groups, or how to gain mastery, or what exactly does a catalyst or reactor do(whats a potato?), or that in order to use your skills you have to put mods into your frame, and even the entire mod slots and fusion were very confusing to me when I first played the game waaay back. 

So for you guys I really feel for you. I hope DE does make Warframe a more pleasant experience for newer players. Not just with levels and such, but with in-game information! Having to relies on wiki's on everything can get tiresome.

I'm more than glad to help if you have any further questions about how things work in the game though. :D

Best of luck to you and your wife.

-Silent