Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 Is Insane For Beginners

EirikAura

the mob level need some capping, due to mob level rising like crazy, i usually run solo. but when i forget to do that, example, in tolstoj, vor gets easy 30 level boost and goes on slaughter fest on the new players.

i really think nightmare mode need a mastery rank 4 or some restriction and non nightmare maps should have max level cap.

while some people are skilled from the start, i think new players need time to get used to the game. while it may seem not much of challenge, i think safely completing easy 10 missions is more fun for new players than seeing someone join your round and getting wrecked for 10 rounds.

not sure why they made the level adjustment to be this broad. its not like there is different servers for new and old players.

also side note, the new aura system is really choking the new players with mod points.

so far U9 may not look that great for new players but hope you can hang in there until DE makes the adjustments b/c once you rank up abit, this game is hands down, one of the best fps games out there.

Edited by Byfe

They are the BEGINNING maps. What the hell are we supposed to play? You actually have to unlock the levels, so making the first few 'nightmares' is stupid, and as I said, game-killing. How do you get new players if the first few levels are that hard even the higher players call them nightmares?

Agreed. DE needs to fix this soon or they are going to kill the game.

If people want more challenge DE needs to build new tough content, not screw with existing content and kill their new customer base while alienating their existing base.

Well, I remember that stupidiest thing evar! The dam first mercury mission has a skill. After that the second one has a skull. Day later - the third one has the skull.

For a god sake, have a mercy to a new players!

How the hell do they have to complete their initial leveling against the 30+lvl foes? Where should they go in their mission progress is all they have is one initial mission... in the nightmare mode.

Huh. By the way.  I understood how.

1. Go to your mission as the host.

2. Leave the mission and strip the nightmare status from the mission

3. Rejoin to your friends/wife/whatever. 

4. Have fun!

I played yesterday Vor with bunch of new players(mastery 0) and there was a lot of crying.

To fight lv 30 with low level frame,MK Braton and constant drain is not nightmare,it is INFERNO.

Please DE,remove nightmare mode from the Mercury.It is learning ground for new players and you should not punish them.

So... Did you miss the fact that we're BEGINNERS? You have to unlock the levels and Saturn is a long way out from Mercury, isn't it? So it'll take just a little longer until I can skip Venus for Saturn, won't it?

As Kryten would say, "Sarcasm mode, off."

I think the confusion here is that the old star map connected Mercury directly to Venus and Saturn... now you have to go through Venus to get anywhere else....

Overall though, my thoughts after reading through the thread are that your fears and troubles are justified. Nightmare mode and the difficulty of the game in general are both surprising and challenging, especially to beginners.

The response to that, though, is that the new content has been out for only a weekend and has not yet been addressed by the dev team. I understand this does nothing to help the past struggles, or the current frustration; but in the end it is something that I believe will be addressed. So far the devs have been ridiculously good at responding to these kinds of problems and addressing them - I would really be surprised if nothing changes in the next three days.

i liked the nightmare mod alot, the first thing i did was take >10 wpn/frame to Vor and look how the new boss is doing.

i died once and it was hard, vapirsm/strong enemys

they loadout was banshee 7, dread 5 dual bronco 9 orthos 3 all unpotatoed

"hey this is stuff you get later on" yes and i can only say, with the mk1 this going to be a huge pain.

afaik nightmare should be toggleable, but bugged

here is also a list of wpns an there mastery aford, so you can find someting to buy/craft

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Mastery_Rank

i can highly recommand the LEX for you, coz you said you're on of the snipey guys

im glad some ppl helped them, faith in community a bit restored

Edited by Depar

I challenge even the good players to go do the first mission AS A NEWB with a newb frame and no updates. Nightmare? Why yes, I think it would be.

We're up to lvl 9 weaps and frames mostly though my pistol and sword are lower. We have health boosts, shield boosts, everything we can cram on, and the nightmare levels are still just plain stupid. Why the hell make the very first planet have nightmare mode? Give us a chance

Thank you Stacey. This right here is the problem - the early levels. I have no issue with upping the higher levels for the people who want things harder. What I have a problem with is the insanity of making the first levels so stupidly difficult. Give us newbs somewhere to learn for gossake.

The developers are trying to make the game more of a pay to win style not free to play. By the way, I suggest you and your wife reading a lot of wiki maybe not a lot of but every now and then because the game has come to a place where it is definitely not "noob" friendly. It is way too complicated if you consider that all you want is to have fun together after a long day of work or whatever. 

I mentioned wiki because the people in this game are really not friendly when they get the hang of it. I always try to help starters but like the famous saying:give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

There are several weapons that you can get your hands on at your rank. If you want a melee weapon that is great for controlling enemies I would suggest a Kestrel, the Burston is a very nice rifke out to midrange and if you get a couple of vipers and the blueprint for it the twin vipers become a nice option for your sidearm.

Except thanks to the update 8 market place #@*&$@y that takes ages of grinding and farming now because what few weapons you can still buy with credits, cost an absurd amount.

The developers are trying to make the game more of a pay to win style not free to play. By the way, I suggest you and your wife reading a lot of wiki maybe not a lot of but every now and then because the game has come to a place where it is definitely not "noob" friendly. It is way too complicated if you consider that all you want is to have fun together after a long day of work or whatever. 

I mentioned wiki because the people in this game are really not friendly when they get the hang of it. I always try to help starters but like the famous saying:give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

its not pay2win by any meaning, it would be if there where a plat onlywpn which nearly oneshot everthing but beside lato/skana prime and the exalibur ( and they are not rly any improvment) who are obtainable trough founder packages, beside this 3 everything is there for everyone ( vandals not counted)

yea the game got a bit a noob-hating nature, but you can still accomplish thing by playing a few times

wikis are always good to mention, when i start a new game i always check the wiki for basic informations

Except thanks to the update 8 market place #@*&$@y that takes ages of grinding and farming now because what few weapons you can still buy with credits, cost an absurd amount.

the prices where pre-openbeta and after the credit-scaling they had to be tweaked, some are a bit off (strun 75k) but nothing you can afford in 1-2 days with 2-3 h gameplayy

25k. Just comlete the way through the Mercury without spendind much.

Braton. Who needs dam crafting.

Edited by MECT0HET

the prices where pre-openbeta and after the credit-scaling they had to be tweaked, some are a bit off (strun 75k) but nothing you can afford in 1-2 days with 2-3 h gameplayy

Even the lex is 50k. That's a bit more than 2-3 hours a day in 1-2 days for someone who struggles with mercury. And some of the mats for BPs are still pretty rough, even the simpler weapons because DE seems to think that just because high level players who've been around for ages have an easy time with it, everyone does.

the lex where 35k pre-creditupdate so its only 15k more

and there it was rly a pain to get this, like an +hour farming vor

50k(25 each) for braton and aklato and you got a very nice loadout

i "completed" the game and unlocked every planet with strun and lex for i think 60k credits together . . i farmed vor back then vor +3h ~.~

but now you can easly have this with some missions,loginreward or alerts

Just avoid the skulls. Jeez, over reaction much?

Seriously? I am sorry, but do you realize, that the newer people don't even know what the skulls stand for? Sorry if this is rude, but think before you speak. When you start a game, unless you have done research, you don't know much about the game aside from the basic controls almost all games have, which is WASD, reloading, and shooting. Not much aside from that. Most people don't know what weapons they can make, how to equip a damn ability, or even know what nightmare mode is, what it does, or what it even looks like! 

A simple SOLUTION is just to put down a damn option allowing us to REMOVE nightmare mode at least, so we don't have to play it while others can still play it 

I don't think anyone disagrees with this idea, given the number of times I've seen it posted. I love Nightmare Mode, especially for the crazy mods it drops, but it should definitely be an optional thing - I think I saw one guy posting about how his health was draining and he had no idea why, like he thought it was a bug, since Nightmare Mode is only mentioned in patch notes and nowhere else.