Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raptor Serious Problem

Kynian

The boss seldom drops anything! And if he does, it flies off to God-knows-where!

Please make him drop his loot on a specific place. Him flying all around the place really makes his loot go astroloot, way beyond our reach - and that is on the few times de does decides do drop SOMETHING.

I think his drop tables may be bugged....

Yes, he does drop bps, although seldomly. Here is a few tips I have for farming him:

• He has a LOT of health and armor. Like, a ton. That being said, a full party of high level frames/weapons is highly recommended. A good party I found is Frost (for globe), Trinity (for invuln from blessing during missile strikes), Mag (for bullet attractor when he is spamming missiles and you cannot see him through explosions), and pretty much anything else, maybe a second frost.

• If you hear him start shooting missiles, and you are not somewhere safe, RUN. each missile is pretty much a 1 hit kill. Get into a frost globe or get behind something quick. They are homing, but not too badly, so it is possible to try to get them to run into things. Having a frost on the team is pretty useful. If you do get a frost to help you, make sure they do NOT have a stretch mod equipped. The increased size of the globe can allow Raptor to get inside it and destroy all of you. A nice small globe will keep you all safe and keep all the baddies out.

• Sometimes he likes to fly waaaay up in the air, and occasionally get stuck on things and the drops (if any) will get stuck up there. To prevent this from happening, you can lure him into the room before the boss area (This room). Once inside, you can all bunker down and if he drops anything, you know it will be right in that room (Like this, except not so close to him). If he does drop anything, it will fall straight down under him. I have never seen it go flying across the area when he dies, so that makes checking to see if he dropped anything much easier.

• He will sometimes drop nothing at all, it is possible. He is pretty stingy on bp drops (I ran him many, many times), but he will eventually drop everything you need, so keep at it!

Good luck fellow Tenno!!!

its worth noting that they put most of the resources throughout the level.

i just realized i have 19 control modules. when i started farming raptor i had 2.

and i know i get morphics and orikin cells from there too.

PS. i also havent done any other mat since the update except for a 2 nightmare runs just to check it out.

Edited by MetalGerbil

I have no problems killing him, but i appreciate the luring tip.

I still think the fact that he may drop nothing at all is a bug. All bosses drop something every time, either a mod, resources, sometimes bps, but nothing at all?

That's gotta be a bug.

I have no problems killing him, but i appreciate the luring tip.

I still think the fact that he may drop nothing at all is a bug. All bosses drop something every time, either a mod, resources, sometimes bps, but nothing at all?

That's gotta be a bug.

Yeah, sorry. That is a copy from the post I made in my clan forums, I didn't edit out the stuff about killing him just in case someone else came to this thread looking for help killing him as well.

And yeah, I think when he drops NOTHING might be a bug, but I don't think his rate for dropping bps is out of the normal for some bosses.

Edited by BenZeb

5 runs so far and nothing. No big deal if he dont drop any Bp's, but he just drops nada. First I tried with Sayrn, becuase she is the one I have focused most on. She has the most formas of them all. I died 4 times on the first encounter. Did not matter what I did, or where I ran. I still got killed. Mostly one shotted. I tried to run for my life, wenb I heard him spam his rockets. BANG, died. Hide behind anything BANG, I died. and so on.

Now I have been running with Frost, and much better. But still no drops. No BP's or mods or anything at all. Other ppl say theu have mostly done the same and haven't recived any drop. People are talking about loot bug. I know it could be hard get any bps even on the old bosses, but at least they dropped something. Raptor hasn't dropped anything. If he did. God knows where it landed.

I've been running him solo with Loki with little trouble.He's actually the first boss I can't completely decimate using invisible. I found that the best way to do it is to run into the building in the center during the missile barrage. Make sure the doors shut. If he goes far away from that room, you're going to have a bad time.

I like the idea of luring him into the big room, that may work better for finding things after i kill him, which I have done 25 times now with only 1 bp to show for it and nothing else for the other 24 runs. On the upside I have a ton of control modules and morphics:) also I have been doing it solo with Frost Prime, love the snow globe:)

Have a loki switch teleport him into the room in the middle so the drops can't bug out. This also prevents the boss from running off into the horizon/inaccessible areas due to the horribly done pathing. You can also lure to the previous room. This seemed to work, because I notice less disappearing drops/sudden boss death/disappearance without being attacked.