Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee animations

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

I personally feel the melee combo animations are just badly designed and really clunky for pvp which create some issues with melee combat. 

Some melee combos are glitchy

take the mios and the heavy weapon slam combos for example.

because when someone with a heavy weapon does that combo they're still able to move while still in that animation and then suddenly teleport forward with the next attack. This for me isn't exactly the worst example however for me it's the most common example of the animations being clunky however the biggest offender is the mios because during the spin combo that has insane range and causes knockdown the users frame looks to be smelling his own colon while the whip section of the weapon  is flapping around aimlessly above where his head would normally be 

all I'm asking is for de to make the combos more fluid and less erratic or if they can't be bothered slowing down the attack speed of melee weapons during combos so people can actually shoot at them effectively 

(freezing someone with avalanche during the op mios combo will show you what I'm talked about)

Edited by (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX

Actually, the problem with melee weapons is that often they are too slow to catch someone proficient at parkour. On console it may be the case that melee is stronger, but you run into impossible-to-hit players every couple of matches.

Also, the teleport isn't a thing, that's lag, staces feature high mobile combos because when you face someone who can jump good and then backflip in the other direction and then glide and pepper you with near unavoidable hitscan gunfire, you well need to be able to catch up.

Swordwhips' only issues are:

-The pause combo contorting hitbox (which is difficutl to hit at range apparently)

-the windup hit is too freaking slow and animation-locking.

50 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Actually, the problem with melee weapons is that often they are too slow to catch someone proficient at parkour. On console it may be the case that melee is stronger, but you run into impossible-to-hit players every couple of matches.

Also, the teleport isn't a thing, that's lag, staces feature high mobile combos because when you face someone who can jump good and then backflip in the other direction and then glide and pepper you with near unavoidable hitscan gunfire, you well need to be able to catch up.

Swordwhips' only issues are:

-The pause combo contorting hitbox (which is difficutl to hit at range apparently)

-the windup hit is too freaking slow and animation-locking.

towmorrow i will host a private match and gain footage of the slam combo in heavy weapons allowing ghost like movement on the ground i already have good footage of the mios combos being broken as seen here

Yeah I see it. It's totally an intended feature to avoid the animlock during combat, that's why stances are so mobile. You can move around mid animation, think of it as walking while shooting, imagine if you couldn't do that.

As for the "insane range" part, that's A) how Swordwhips and whips work and B) it's difficult to tell from watching someone else. On that melee player's screen, they hit their target. Think of it like going behind a corner and dying from gunfire that couldn't have posibly hit. Same thing applies.