Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC conclave tournament hosted by the conclave discord - over 3000 platinum in prizes!

Phasedragon

Ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourselves for the true test of skill in Warframe! We bring you a conclave tournament like no other! This tournament will be for PC only, and will be organized in the conclave discord. 

WHEN

The tournament will begin saturday, April 8th, at 5 PM BST. Expect this to last a few days. Each round will go for a maximum of 24 hours and there will be 5-7 rounds depending on the number of players. https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Warframe+Community+Conclave+Tournament+2017&iso=20170408T17&p1=769

WHERE

Conclave discord. Every announcement and all the organization will happen here, so make sure you join at discord.me/conclave

PRIZES

First place grand prize will be 450 platinum 750 platinum! 1300 platinum! 1600 platinum! 2000 platinum!

The runner up prizes will be 150 500 platinum for the second place contestant, and 75 250 for third and fourth

FORMAT

The tournament will take place over three stages.

First stage of the tournament will be seeding matches. Everyone will be put into 7 man free for all matches based on when they are available and their region. Your performance in the match will determine your seed.

Second stage will be a swiss style 1v1 tournament. Matches will go for the usual 10 minutes, and winners will be determined by least deaths in order to prevent denying kills by suicide.

Third stage will take the top 4 contestants of the swiss tournament and put them into a single knockout bracket. Just like before, match winners will be determined by least deaths but they will play best 2 out of 3 to determine the winner of their pairing. In the result of a tie, the round will be thrown out and they will continue playing until one has 2 wins. One winner will prevail at the end and take home the grand prize.

RULES

Participants will enter through a form and provide their time zone, their ingame name, and their discord name/number. Once entered, participants will be required to join https://discord.me/conclave, where the tournament will be managed.

Excessive taunting, name calling, and unsportsmanlike conduct that goes beyond friendly banter in voice chat, ingame text, or ingame actions will not be tolerated. Referees will provide two warnings, and may force a loss upon the third infraction.

Contestants who reach the third stage will be required to upload at least one of their second stage tournament matches and all of their third stage matches, providing the links to tournament officials, who may use the footage for promotion of future tournaments and checking the validity of the players involved.

All other contestants are encouraged, but not required to record and share their footage however they like.

The only banned warframe is limbo in its current state. All other weapons, equipment, or strategies are allowed. However if something changes in conclave balance between the announcement and the tournament, it will be reviewed and changed if necessary. All contestants will be notified if such a change is necessary.

MATCH SETUP

For each round you play in, here is a simple checklist:

Read the round announcement and find your matchup

Contact your opponent, communicate to find a time you can fight each other

When ready, post in the discord text channel that you're ready and what region each of you are in

When a host is ready, they will send you and your opponent a friend request in order to create a private DM group, which will be used to coordinate the match.

The host will invite you to a lobby and the match will start when both players are in.

REGISTRATION

Follow this link to enter your information and get registered! https://goo.gl/forms/DUxaQ9FJQuLznjfs2

Edited by Phasedragon

2 minutes ago, Kanelldragon said:

FFA? all weaponw?
Nyx.+ spam 1-st skill/

No thanks.

We've decided to allow such abilities. We will see if they really dominate the scene or not. If it is an issue, we will likely just ban all crowd control abilities next time. Also it's not FFA for the entire thing. That's just the seeding round.

Edited by Phasedragon

20 minutes ago, Phasedragon said:

We've decided to allow such abilities. We will see if they really dominate the scene or not. If it is an issue, we will likely just ban all crowd control abilities next time. Also it's not FFA for the entire thing. That's just the seeding round.

For dropping players there is a single-elimination
For the final and semifinals: Double-elimination.
I'm not against using any skills and weapons.
But if the tournament is 1x1 then let it be completely in this format.

Edited by Kanelldragon

6 minutes ago, Kanelldragon said:

For dropping players there is a single-elimination
For the final and semifinals: Double-elimination.
I'm not against using any skills and weapons.
But if the tournament is 1x1 then let it be completely in this format.

swiss style is 1v1, all the way. It's just a better way of doing things than a single elimination. It's a bit more complex but far more rewarding and fair for everyone involved.

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

I put forth the idea in conclave feed back. 

I know.

And DE hasn't announced any plans to hold their own tournament.

Which is one of the reasons why the Conclave Discord community is hosting its own.

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

Yeah I'm going to sadly miss this one because my new hard drive hasn't come in yet. The next tournement though I hope to be a part of. 

Yeah, after hearing you coming to PC I considered waiting a little longer, but I had already delayed enough after putting out a teaser a month ago

1 hour ago, Phasedragon said:

Yeah, after hearing you coming to PC I considered waiting a little longer, but I had already delayed enough after putting out a teaser a month ago

No worries. I have a feeling it's going to be a big hit among players and will demand another tournement down the road. I'll catch that tournement. My hard drive is supposed to arrive on the 10th so we will see. 

On 4/6/2017 at 10:54 AM, Flame_101 said:

Who's donating the plat, DE probably.

No, it's community funded.

The Conclave community has a lot of high MR players who are more than willing to pitch in for a community event.