Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Race to Tau: The Tenno's Maiden Voyage.

RavingRoman

Update to the topic.

To make clans and alliances even more important to the core gameplay of warframe. There should be a bonus room for all the clan leaders, and distinguished officers to access to discuss perhaps multi-clan operations. This will increase bonuses and add assets to the ships and operations under each clan control. Eventually, an alliance relay can be the center of all operations per alliance.

This is to create a build up for eventually hitting the tau system. It would be interesting to see thousands of ships flying through the solar rails and appearing for a fight.

....This is awesome

Really awesome,  i want space battleships, and i want open space, and i want a new system. This has all of my want.  If open space allows me to actually drive my landing craft then this has all of my yes. And boarding were i want on enemy ships? H**L YEAH

Another thing is if your clan dojo is the capital ship can it be boarded?  id like to be able to fight enemies who are trying to invade the dojo.  Defence missions are great and all, but if i'm protecting something i consider home, something i share with my friends, that we've poured effort into making? I'll be much more invested in protecting it.

P.S. i'm aware that no one currently has answers for that, its a rhetorical question. Some food for thought, if you will.

Edited by Skjorer

4 hours ago, Skjorer said:

Another thing is if your clan dojo is the capital ship can it be boarded?  id like to be able to fight enemies who are trying to invade the dojo.  Defence missions are great and all, but if i'm protecting something i consider home, something i share with my friends, that we've poured effort into making? I'll be much more invested in protecting it.

That is an interesting concept. But I imagine these would be event battles. I would be open to fighting grineer, corpus, or more in our own turf. Dojo's can be given specters to roam around the place or guard it so it does not feel empty. A lot more will have to be discussed into this concept.

As for flying the dropship, I imagine it will be more like a mini-game to piloting yourself through canon fire to land wherever in any mission you are about to start; depending how heavily defended the place would be.

42 minutes ago, RavingRoman said:

As for flying the dropship, I imagine it will be more like a mini-game to piloting yourself through canon fire to land wherever in any mission you are about to start; depending how heavily defended the place would be.

I really feel that using the drop-ships in something other than boarding would be cool, i mean, the scimitar definitely can attack things, and why limit the drop-ship to landing.  What i'm saying is why not have it available for combat. If people don't want to use it for fighting then that's their choice, but i'd at least like the option to use it.

Basically i don't agree with the sentiment of "leave the fighting to the arch-wing, landing ships are for landing". I can somewhat understand why, but if people really don't want to use it then they don't have to. But i'd like my landing ship for more than a mini-game/loading screen, and there's no reason to keep it from being used.

Edited by Skjorer

1 hour ago, Skjorer said:

I really feel that using the drop-ships in something other than boarding would be cool, i mean, the scimitar definitely can attack things, and why limit the drop-ship to landing.  What i'm saying is why not have it available for combat. If people don't want to use it for fighting then that's their choice, but i'd at least like the option to use it.

Basically i don't agree with the sentiment of "leave the fighting to the arch-wing, landing ships are for landing". I can somewhat understand why, but if people really don't want to use it then they don't have to. But i'd like my landing ship for more than a mini-game/loading screen, and there's no reason to keep it from being used.

This was the whole point of archwing being introduced - a means of dogfighting in space. Larger scale battles would make sense with use of crewed ships, but dogfighting should be kept to the archwing - after all, landing crafts are for landing - it's in the name.