Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe doesn't work when i'm connected to wifi

KillerXDIZ

Question

It's extremely odd, i've never experienced something like this in any game, including warframe, it started yesterday around 4:00 pm. It's not firewall, slow connection or anything like that, but for some reason, when connecting to wifi (since 4:00 pm from yesterday), Warframe stops working (Actually doesn't even launch). It's also worth mentioning that i've played warframe for months with this wifi and never had any issues before, also, every other game that i play runs fine. The following message showed up:

http://i.imgur.com/Sr0zCIb.png

Has anyone experienced this before?

Edited by KillerXDIZ

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, KillerXDIZ said:

It's extremely odd, i've never experienced something like this in any game, including warframe, it started yesterday around 4:00 pm. It's not firewall, slow connection or anything like that, but for some reason, when connecting to wifi (since 4:00 pm from yesterday), Warframe stops working (Actually doesn't even launch). It's also worth mentioning that i've played warframe for months with this wifi and never had any issues before, also, every other game that i play runs fine. The following message showed up:

http://i.imgur.com/Sr0zCIb.png

Has anyone experienced this before?

Could be linked to a specific firewall setting (most routers have one activated by default, have you checked that ?), a routing problem or a network driver. If I were you I'd try disabling all firewall temporarily and check with another computer in WiFi to see if the problem's coming from the router or your current computer.

Edited by Deodus
syntax correction + clarifications

47 minutes ago, Deodus said:

Could be linked to a specific firewall setting (most routers have one activated by default, have you checked that ?), a routing problem or a network driver. If I were you I'd try disabling all firewall temporarily and check with another computer in WiFi to see if the problem's coming from the router or your current computer.

It's not the firewall, also i checked in another computer and it gave the same error, so it seems the problem's coming from the router. Any ideas what it could be?

Edited by KillerXDIZ

Just now, KillerXDIZ said:

It's not the firewall, also i checked in another computer and it gave the same error, so it seems the problem's coming from the router. Any ideas what i could be?

Bad routing for port 80? 

WF launcher is using it:

d1f0332c2a.png

If your router is updated by your ISP it might be a firmware/software bug on it. If your using and managing your own router you can try putting your computer WiFi IP in the DMZ so no filtering happens to that IP.

13 minutes ago, Deodus said:

Bad routing for port 80? 

WF launcher is using it:

d1f0332c2a.png

If your router is updated by your ISP it might be a firmware/software bug on it. If your using and managing your own router you can try putting your computer WiFi IP in the DMZ so no filtering happens to that IP.

How do i do that? Any website that can provide the info? Found nothing on google.

It would help if you could describe the equipment you're using for your connection to be sure that you update the settings for everything.  DSL modem directly to the wireless router you're using?  More things in between?

DMZ

This may or may not apply to you depending on what equipment you have and who set it up for you.  If you can't configure everything in your network that may not be an option for you.

2 hours ago, KillerXDIZ said:

How do i do that? Any website that can provide the info? Found nothing on google.

It should be in your router's owner manual/installation guide. The best way to identify your router's model is to look at the label on it, often located near the WEP/WPA key and then search for the support section on the manufacturer website.

Example for TP Link : http://www.tp-link.com/us/article/?faqid=28 | For Netgear : https://kb.netgear.com/1118/How-do-I-configure-a-device-to-be-in-the-DMZ-on-my-NETGEAR-router