Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Antimatter Drop Very Weak Or Inconsistent?

Cogrock

So I picked up Nova... she's ok, but so far nothing special. We'll see how she does late game once I've modded her up a bit more.

Her sturdyness is also too low as she has no vital life saving ability like every other frame. so if you're surrounded... you're going to get hurt bad if you don't die as you have no distraction or diversion and you have no decent AOE ability. She lacks that emergency survivability through both her frame AND her abilities... would be nice to have 1.

STILL... Early days yet.

ANYWAY... I've been using her abilities extensively to try and figure out the best way to use them later on and I have noticed that Antimatter Drop is frustrating to use. You can throw it into a cluster of enemies and several of them will survive and not take any noticeable damage or be effected in any way, while others die, this is regardless of the fact that they are in the explosion radius and not having anything in the way of them and the point of reaction.

Hell I've dropped it on dozens of lone enemies and see some of them walk away without even staggering, it seems to have no effect and I see no damage numbers. The radius seems to be inconsistent too... although that could be part of the same issue with enemies not dying.... I can't tell.

Is there some kind of cap on the number of enemies it hits?
Is the explosion like a Grenade with an uneven distribution in energy that means it may not effect everyone in the radius equally?

This was all done in solo runs so lag was not an issue.
Anyone else noticed this?