Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty Upgrade - Thank You! :d

Soaron

The Difficulty Upgrade is awesome! Thank you DE!!!

All the complaints I've read seem to come from a misunderstanding of what it actually means to play this game. First, Skull missions are very optional. I've seen the appear at random locations all the time, so what that means is a noob can actually make progress by just coming back to the same location 5 minutes later.  Second, if a level is too hard for you well it just means that. It is too hard for you - Keep practicing!!  It really bothers me that people are annoyed because they are probably dying more and getting their asses kicked. Enjoy the challenge, once you become a master you will realize how wrong you were.

All the complaints I've read seem to come from a misunderstanding of what it actually means to play this game. First, Skull missions are very optional. I've seen the appear at random locations all the time, so what that means is a noob can actually make progress by just coming back to the same location 5 minutes later.  Second, if a level is too hard for you well it just means that. It is too hard for you - Keep practicing!!  It really bothers me that people are annoyed because they are probably dying more and getting their asses kicked. Enjoy the challenge, once you become a master you will realize how wrong you were.

Try telling that to casual players who just want to play for fun. Not everyone is in it to "get better at it".

I agree that the difficulty increase is very welcome. However, I disagree with the rest of what you said. Currently a lot of people are getting frustrated early on by the difficulty. This should not be happening, especially not while still on the first planet. One may reply that all those people are just idiots in a more or less polite fashion but with so many complaints, I find that DE should definitely ease up on the new players. Simply being able to turn Nightmare Mode on and off could probably help a lot.

i find them very easy. I feel like the time and vampire mechanics really just force high initial health or extremely fast playthrough. Just solod xini on nightmare, i could completely ignore the vampire mechanic, it didn't change how i played at all. It seems like either you keep them loose like they are now and all they do is make sure people have a decent max health, or you make the mods more difficult, but then you need tighter control so that people can't just die because they were unlucky of not seeing a mob in so long. I will say i like how there aren't people just looting every chest in the game in nightmare modes, less waiting on people. Also maybe time and health should increase by a greater margin if you kill someone with a headshot. There is no strategy because there is no reason not to kill as quickly as possible because its not like the mob is going to keep up with you so you either kill him immediately or you're not going to kill him at all to get the health or time bonus. I would also say the text that alerts you that time was added is a bit large. I am also not a huge fan of how you join the mission before finding out what type of mode it will be. It would be nice to know beforehand. Maybe one of the mods will really annoy you in the future and you want to avoid those. It would also allow you to build your weapons and frame to the specific challenge of that mode. 

Edited by aTaVaX

Keep practicing? There was lvl 40 nightmare mode mission just on Mercury. If a new player meets this - he will 100% abandon the game. He will never be able to pass this mission.

Edited by nano5hell

I saw people posting and complaining about the difficulty upgrade... BS. 
It is by far the better thing that happened to the game because it was getting boring and now i feel like there is a real challenge and that's what makes a game enjoyable.
Gj DE about this upgrade and keep up the good work =)

PS : sorry for my poor english =p

I don't know. I think Nightmare mode, in its currently state, might as well just be an added weather effect thing (like freezing temperature etc.) 

Even when vampire is on, it really isn't a challenge going moderately fast can't overcome. Why don't players have to frantically open lockers to search for health orbs? There is little point in even using healing items/Trinity. 

It really isn't enough to make me want to replay all those missions I've played countless times before. 

Edited by vanacava

I honestly feel like this new difficulty spike is to force new players to buy items in the game with real money.

Vor is always sitting there at levels higher levels he shouldn't be at while the soldiers are around lvl5 making it hard for a new player (this is coming from one of the friends I just got to play this). Not to mention they probably won't want to sit there and wait for the nightmare missions to move place from place. And with most of the items having to be craftable they will probably just turn away from this game before they get a chance to experience the rest.

While us "veterans" welcome the change, anything under will more than likely hate it.

As virga said, U9 brought changes that mainly satisfy the older playerbase, bringing a lot of issues to the experience of that of the newer playerbase. That is something that needs attention desperately. The difficulty curve needs to be softened for the new players. I am saying this as a player who has been in the game for quite some time and loves high difficulty.

Especially Vor's increase in strength can definitely be understood as DE forcing players to buy plat. However, it is a bit rude to immediately throw that out there aggressively after not even a week has passed. This is a beta. Everything can and will be subject to change. So please do not become overly hostile because of a, for now, short term development.

It wouldn't be an issue at all if it was toggleable.

I like it, but not everyone does, so I believe it should remain as an optional thing for people who want more of a challenge and better rewards, while those who would rather progress at the same difficulty and pace they had been before can do so.

i would be fine with:

make missions rank the same as before. (xini was like 37-49 and now it is 50-50)  (wave 1)

this goes for almost any mission.. and it has nothing to do with nightmare mode.

so my guess:  make the missions the same rank as before

for that u can make nightmare even more hard. but for beginners there should be an option to turn OFF that nightmare mission and play the normal version instead

The game isn't any more difficult, it just takes slightly longer for me to kill things.

AI was not improved enough (if at all) to offer what I would consider a challenge. The players deserve better than just enemies with bigger numbers behind them.

The game isn't any more difficult, it just takes slightly longer for me to kill things.

AI was not improved enough (if at all) to offer what I would consider a challenge. The players deserve better than just enemies with bigger numbers behind them.

Well to be fair they can climb and jump across gaps to chase you now. :D

I could solo everything before the update and I can still solo it now, and there's one thing I can tell you: The game didn't become more challenging. It just became more time-consuming.

It will never become more challenging as long as hiding for 10 seconds is enough to go from nearly dead to full shields. It will never become more challenging through simple inflation of levels because people are capable of reaching defense waves where enemies are level 500 or higher. That's through exploiting broken game mechanics that did not get addressed.

I don't die more often, I don't get my &#! kicked, because I spend more time in cover. The only difference is that the grind required to farm the warframes that drop from higher bosses has increased exponentially because they have 400% of their previous health or more.

And besides, what is challenge in a loot-based game? Challenge in a loot-based game is to farm better gear. Sorry to break it to you, but farming more doesn't make you more skilled or masterful, it just means you're farming more.

Raising the enemy levels only increases the grind walls for various planets and recipes, and screws over the people who didn't get their frames back when they were easier to farm (easier not meaning easy).

I agree with a lot of you guys that the Difficulty Increase could use some work.  At times it isn't very challenging; for example, early levels still feel kinda easy in comparison to those in Pluto, etc. Some of the features added to make them more challenging feel a little off (vampire mode & timer mode).  Yeah, just increasing the enemy stats or spawning bigger swarms isn't enough either.

A major problem I see with the Vampire effect is that even when players already reached the Extraction Point, and others are just messing around or too slow to have gotten there earlier, make everybody waste their Health Packs or even die because there are no enemies to kill (Corpus Outpost example).  And it even makes it easier sometimes!! When you're getting your &#! kicked all you gotta do is kill a couple enemies! So it isn't perfect, and I'm actually not a fan of it (including the fact that you see the red flash which confuses you against actually getting hurt in a fight), I think there are better ways to make Difficulty more interesting.

I do enjoy the improvement in the Defense Missions in Pluto, where the early waves already feel a little bit more punchy.  I do welcome the fact that now you have to do a certain number of waves to complete a mission, which makes it more of a commitment and a challenge, but I think that you should be able to even go higher! like choose your # waves before hand.

Some good things, some bad, but I feel that overall the difficulty was increased which is what a lot of people wanted and that's pretty cool in my book.

On this note, I'm already liking some of the mods with dual abilities. You get a lot of those by doing the Nightmare missions.

Some of you say that now it takes longer to kill things. On DE's defense, I would say this.

Now is the time to Forma the crap out of your weapon. Max out every MOD on it. Yes, this will take days, even months, maybe. But at the end your weapons will be so maxed out that it won't take that long to kill things. Maybe that is the point of increasing the difficulty, it's not so that you can stay with the same method forever.

Edited by Soaron