Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Prime Build

Valletta

Question

10 answers to this question

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Mag_prime/t_30_0300032020_3-8-5-4-0-5-5-5-5-6-4-5-13-2-3-55-3-3-411-7-10-479-6-10-481-1-10_4-9-481-7-13-13-55-9-6-11-5-5-479-7-411-16-3-18-f-f_0/en/1-0-11/115044/0

Start with this, focus on using Magnetize for small groups. Polarize can replenish shields, strip armor and shields off enemies. Pull and Crush can offer CC, don't use them for damage generally.

In time, you may want a build with higher damage and range. http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Mag_prime/t_30_0300032020_3-8-5-4-0-5-5-5-5-6-4-5-13-2-3-55-3-3-411-7-10-479-6-10-481-1-10_4-9-481-7-13-13-55-9-6-11-5-5-479-7-411-16-3-18-f-f_0/en/1-0-11/115044/0

This is similar to what i'm running. HIgh strength and range. Duration is less useful to some, since you can, with a bit of practice, use multiple Magnetize bubbles to chain the damage from one explosion into the other.

EDIT: changed the second build to use Corrosive projection, which you want at endgame anyway.

Edited by Magnar21

2 minutes ago, Magnar21 said:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Mag_prime/t_30_0300032020_3-8-5-4-0-5-5-5-5-6-4-5-13-2-3-55-3-3-411-7-10-479-6-10-481-1-10_4-9-481-7-13-13-55-9-6-11-5-5-479-7-411-16-3-18-f-f_0/en/1-0-11/115044/0

Start with this, focus on using Magnetize for small groups. Polarize can replenish shields, strip armor and shields off enemies. Pull and Crush can offer CC, don't use them for damage generally.

Should I forma the aura slot for corrosive protection?

6 minutes ago, Valletta said:

Should I forma the aura slot for corrosive protection?

I'd consider Aura choice to be personal preference, usually. Yes, Corrosive projection will give you far more team utility,  so generally you want the aura as a bar polarity. That build was intended as a budget build. I also took the time to add an (updated) link to an endgame build. Consider dropping Overextended for Vitality, redirection, or Quick Thinking, depending on your needs. You're gonna be pretty energy hungry with that one, so either Zenurik or Arcane energize will be required. If you need the extra energy, drop blind rage in favor of Fleeting expertise, but keep in mind your duration is pretty short with that. I

Edited by Magnar21

Hmm Unless your going for endless runs or or otherwise facing lvl 70 plus grineer heavies CP isn't really necessary in my experience for the "normal" lvls of play. The 20-50 range. I keep Energy siphon in if you otherwise don't have a regen in focus. Since Mag is a caster spam frame for the most part.

My general purpose build goes for Max range, and high efficiency and the best Str I can fit in that doesn't hurt range or efficiency. Duration in my Build is only 15% I prefer the Magnetize bubbles to pop quickly making more damage absorbing mines then traps.  If you got augments for her use Polarize augment for Corpus and crush augment for Grineer.

Just now, Valletta said:

I'm also using my old arcane gauss helmet I have for more max energy.

That's what i'm doing as well. The second build I posted is still extremely energy hungrey, pretty much requiring either zenurik or Arcane energize, if not both. I'd say it's worth it if you can get your hands on Arcane Energize, since groups pretty much melt. If it's too much, there's still a lot of room to change the build around. Anything from dropping Streamline for Fleeing Expertise, using a lower rank Blind Rage (or none at all). I find that Stretch+ Overextended is a must if  you run glass cannon like this build is. I can do endless sortie missions with this build, without any defensive mods, just using the max range to keep Magnetize as large as possible. Drop that on an enemy in a chokepoint, then cast it on a second before it expires. Really, really effective.

Oh, i didn't mention weapons. Generally speaking, any weapon that has an AOE component is really good for a Magnetize build like this one. Also, weapons that are Projectile (Examples, launcher weapons, pox, Boltor) and have punch through on them will keep being pulled into the center of the bubble, doing massive damage. Most people consider a Gas Lanka to be the king of weapons for Mag, but aoe or projectile weapons with punch through on them do excellent.

3 minutes ago, Magnar21 said:

Oh, i didn't mention weapons. Generally speaking, any weapon that has an AOE component is really good for a Magnetize build like this one. Also, weapons that are Projectile (Examples, launcher weapons, pox, Boltor) and have punch through on them will keep being pulled into the center of the bubble, doing massive damage. Most people consider a Gas Lanka to be the king of weapons for Mag, but aoe or projectile weapons with punch through on them do excellent.

Also note that with launcher weapons that deal self damage keep the proper distance. It's pretty good in this regard too since you only need to hit the bubble to get a sure hit on the cluster of enemies so you can shoot at the edges while you in proper cover.

7 minutes ago, Callback said:

I haven't touched her since they destroyed greedy pull.  It was her one thing and now it's gone.

have you tried her bullet jump passive ? its not as good but its handy [no need for vacuum] 

20 hours ago, Valletta said:

I've never built mag, and recently I got a hold of mag prime.

I have no clue how to build mag prime so does anyone have some good builds for it? I looked at some on youtube and I'm not sure how practical they are.

my builds are always called unorthodox but they work for me  ...

efficiency/range /strength are my primary focus with her

aura i use is growing power [+power strength % on status proc] 

stretch and cunning drift 

fleeting expertise for efficiency and then i slap in either her 3 or 4s augment depending on enemies, but normally i run with 4s as the armor removal synergizes faster with her 3s effect to accelerate it 

if you need a tatcics of play style heres a quick way i do mine [keeps me alive so it works ? ]

Mag is a strong frame and does shine in sorties against corpus and grineer

but you have to apply tactics and not be suicidal , same concept applies with banshee and nova ect glass cannons ..

to be survivable dont stand in one spot and try being a mage style caster

combining her powers with her ability to be mobile and pickup loot via bullet jump is a well known tactic

mags 1 has a chance to drop energy orbs from slain targets, casting it while her other powers are being used can make that work to your advantage, say if 2 is about to detonate cast and then everything that dies that was affected can drop orbs... 

casting 2 onto multiple targets brings them all together, literally flying together, fire into the 2s orb at he top to  get a head-shot buff consistantly , do this from far away you get stealth buff also

casting 3 and her 4th powers augment works well together  , literally removing armor faster then just spamming 3 

4 is a huge cc aoe, and deals damage and removes armor [via augment] normally cast 4&3 in sequence for this ^ 

use 2 to create a bubble  on a target, firing into these will amp up the damage when it detonates 

cast 3 when shields are low to refil them 

when you apply 2>4>3>1 in sequence on targets that are harder to kill and then fire into the active 2 bubble it can significantly reduce the time to deal with them 

if you want a video just click my youtube link in about me type in mag and watch the current one, its close to how i play her currently