Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Direction Of The Game

Bakim0n0

That's not my fault. We're not obliged to like the very same things.

Sorry for your friends or whatever they were, but I'm gonna be honest, we're better without those players (: 

So the game is better off if long time hardcore players start getting frustrated and quitting?

Yeah, that's done wonders for other games in the past.

Oh and in regards to clan tiers - your clan is NOT put in tier accordingly to its actual size but accordingly to hall you have. If you exceed cap then you can't recruit more players until you expand - nobody is tossed away.

Fundamentally wrong. Clan costs are tiered to the number of players in your clan. If I have 400 players and want to build more stuff, it's less expensive for me to kick down to 299 despite having the room to recruit more. It *does* encourage people to hover around the lower caps.

I have the bad feeling they are doing this because they lost a lot of players in the last 2 or 3 months.

They probably gained more than they lost, what with E3.

This game is in beta.  You signed up to be a tester.

"Ninjas play free."

- all the warframe advertisments.

Beta. PFAH. How about wake up and check out the situation, here: the playerbase is already formed, microtransaction systems are already in place, content is already on the way, and no one will start over at launch. So the only reason it's still a beta is because the devs don't wanna call it "release state".

People that are not interested in the game can never log in again because it's the best they do. that's what I'm saying. And a beta tester has the same importance that a non beta tester. As a founder has the same importance as a non founder player.

They left? It's their choice.

In my opinion 4 guys in the middle of this community is less then nothing.

This is how much I care for them.

4 people is a microcosm of the game yes, but that was anecdotal. Nobody really cares how much you care about other players, DE is the one that should be caring. It's NEVER a good thing to lose seasoned players because of months of updates that make them feel more and more alienated.

Actually, according to Raptr, Warfram was 18th in April, 9th in May and 5th in June on most played games list. Check your info before post.

Firstly, Raptr is an extremely small portion of the market share and on top of that they give away free stuff if people use their services (usually potatoes and such); it has less people enrolled on it than steam generally has logged in at any one time. Warframe took a big spike yesterday; but the numbers have been consistently dwindling

Past month on Warframe:

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=230410&from=1371111384

Since Warframe started:

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=230410&from=1363752000000&to=End+Time

Weekend spiking aside, there is a trend that usership in this game is slowly shrinking; But I didn't comment on it because both metrics are flawed (they only show steam / raptr users playing warframe)

So the game is better off if long time hardcore players start getting frustrated and quitting?

Yeah, that's done wonders for other games in the past.

Many big game companies don't give a f**k about playerbase opinion - they just give content to them with "Deal with it" note attached. DE actually does us a favour while asking for our opinion but they have also they own vision. Furthermore it is impossible to please all players since everyone have different taste.

If your friends quit because they had different vision for game then they are not hardcore players but a bunch of spoiled brats.

Many big game companies don't give a f**k about playerbase opinion - they just give content to them with "Deal with it" note attached. DE actually does us a favour while asking for our opinion but they have also they own vision. Furthermore it is impossible to please all players since everyone have different taste.

If your friends quit because they had different vision for game then they are not hardcore players but a bunch of spoiled brats.

You're going to do great in your professional career, "if they customers don't like it they can go f themselves."

Genius.

How many of you white knights are going to keep getting butthurt over feedback in the feedback forum?

Edited by Bakim0n0

Yep. DE is an amazing development team. I think they got some future!

Oh..! And.

" Furthermore it is impossible to please all players since everyone have different taste."
Pretty much sums it up.
Edited by Mr.Pava

You're going to do great in your professional career, "if they customers don't like it they can go f themselves."

Genius.

How many of you white knights are going to keep getting butthurt over feedback in the feedback forum?

I think you never heard about EA Games.

And I am not butthurt, you're in that roll since you are the one complaining about your friends! (:

Edited by Mr.Pava

IMHO, I think this update has some great new ideas (with the exception of the damned aura system...*shudder*), but it seriously lacks refinement.

The new map excited me...until I found out that alerts and nightmare modes actively block access to the the vanilla missions they lay over.

the new panoramas looked awesome...until I found that I couldn't see the players joining my party (not that there's any point to that any more, thank you auras).

The aura's looked powerful...until I saw that they took up mod space on my already packed frames, and had polarities to make it worse.

I heard they fixed the drop rates, which sounded like a godsend...until I found that they didn't actually fix the drop rates...

those are just a handful of the things I found wrong with the update...

On the bright side, I can see the look they were going for, and I think that with just a little work, it could be REALLY awesome. If they fix some of the old issues too (drop rates, balancing), and then fix the new ones, Warframe might just take back some of its glory.

I think you never heard about EA Games.

And I am not butthurt, you're in that roll since you are the one complaining about your friends! (:

And how is EA doing fiscally and how is their cred going?

What's that? They've been hemorrhaging money lately?

Voted the worst company in america, over the various Banking institutions?

Copy.

I wasn't complaining about my friends, I made a comment that "some of us are happy" doesn't negate "a lot of people are unhappy" and gave you anecdotal evidence in response to your anecdotal evidence. You came to my thread and said my argument is invalid because some people like it.

Edited by Bakim0n0

Genius.

You clearly missed the point. DE, unlike many game companies, is kind enough to ask for our opinion. However we are here to suggest game direction, not to dictate it.

You clearly missed the point. DE, unlike many game companies, is kind enough to ask for our opinion. However we are here to suggest game direction, not to dictate it.

Actually, as consumers we will dictate where the game goes because if the game goes in a poor direction we stop buying.

I don't have access to the financial records of DE so I can't say if people have been spending more or less money, but I can say that while raptr's super small population is showing decent usership Steam (many times larger) is showing a steady decrease and the bulk of people I know of have been greatly displeased with this patch.

Keep in mind that you clearly missed the point that I was, from inception of this thread, giving feedback and my opinion and never once made any demands or dictated what to change; simply gave feedback that these changes aren't positive in my and many other people's opinion.

What some of you seem to not understand is I make these kinds of threads because I actually give a crap about this game and want to see it be a success, but it's disheartening to see the progress this game is making. I would much rather play version 6.5 (when I coughed up over 200 bucks) than version 9.

Edited by Bakim0n0

I wasn't complaining about my friends, I made a comment that "some of us are happy" doesn't negate "a lot of people are unhappy" and gave you anecdotal evidence in response to your anecdotal evidence. You came to my thread and said my argument is invalid because some people like it.

I never claimed that your arguments were invalid. I claimed that you were wrong because there are people, like me that actually like/love this update.

And I claimed that I don't give a damn about your friends and that we're better off without them.

I actually think DE needs to start acting more like EA games and start not giving a F*** about our opinion just make whatever they want to and make it all P2P.

I never claimed that your arguments were invalid. I claimed that you were wrong because there are people, like me that actually like/love this update.

And I claimed that I don't give a damn about your friends and that we're better off without them.

I actually think DE needs to start acting more like EA games and start not giving a F*** about our opinion just make whatever they want to and make it all P2P.

If this is what DE wants to do, making it p2p would be a great idea... to kill the game.

And while I can respect your opinion that you don't care about people leaving, I really could give two craps less what your opinion on people leaving is. DE needs to care about retaining customers, not you; this is not the "Feedback for Mr.Pava" forum.

Edited by Bakim0n0

If this is what DE wants to do, making it p2p would be a great idea... to kill the game.

And while I can respect your opinion that you don't care about people leaving, I really could give two craps less what your opinion on people leaving is. DE needs to care about retaining customers, not you; this is not the "Feedback for Mr.Pava" forum.

LOL you actually made me laugh xD

I don't want any of that, and certainly DE does not want this game to die.

LOL you actually made me laugh xD

I don't want any of that, and certainly DE does not want this game to die.

I'm glad, I do try not to be totally super serious and was aiming for a chuckle not rage.

I am trying to give genuine feedback here; I am not raging, not saying the game is over, not saying extreme crap like the "devs should die" incident (I mean holy hell man, I get being passionate about the game but that's a whole other level).

I'm not alone in feeling this game has been going in questionable directions basically since the glaive came around; and not so long ago I was one of the most vocal defenders of the game (and I still do defend the positive merits of the game).

This is not meant to be a "you're screwing up so we're all leaving" kinda thread, it's meant to be a "Guys, S#&$s on fire" thread. I didn't originally mean to go into such depth (and there are many things I haven't even commented on) because DE is getting loads of feedback and many of my complaints have been *things I have been voicing for several months now, repeatedly* and didn't think telling them for the 50th time was going to have more of an impact.

There are certainly problems largely with balance,scaling, and progression in the game. 

First, lets look at vertical progerssion. There are higher tiers weapons and arguably frames. There are flat out stronger mods. You have to level mods. You have to level weapons and frames. Then there is forma and potatoes to increase the effectiveness at those levels. So 5 modes of vertical progression that stack with each other. Combine all those different modes of vertical progression with natural shooter skill and Is there any wonder why there are such discrepancies between players on whether content is too easy or too hard? Someone with 500 hours in the game should be able to enjoy content with someone brand new to the game or fairly new to the game. There is no need for such radical vertical progression in the game, and it makes finding players of comparable strength nearly impossible. Even if they are the same mastery as you, they could be using a low tier weapon at the moment or their weapon could be low level from a forma. You're always either being carried or carrying because there are such vast differences in power even among people with high masteries. 

Higher tier weapons trivialize lower tier weapons, discourage players from holding onto lower tier weapons and wanting additional weapon slots. It also detracts from customization. Everyone has the acrid at high levels, there is no customization. Why should higher tier players be penalized if they like the feel of a weapon they unlocked early on more so than the weapons they have more recently unlocked? If there must be higher tier weapons, they should simply work better at higher level mobs, not trivialize low level content. 

The weapon mastery system creates unfun gameplay where players have to use weapons they hate. If endgame progression means content that is increasingly unfun because you have to level the weapons you have been avoiding for the longest amount of time because they are the most unfun, no one is going to stay for it. Progression while time consuming, still needs to be inherently fun and the weapon mastery system in its current form, it about the most unfun form of progression conceivable. 

Edited by aTaVaX

I hate this game!! DE has been making horrible choices since update 7 and they only continue to turn this game into something that when I became a backer I loved and wanted to support the game. But no longer, I feel extremely cheated in how they have change the game. DE seemed to only make a great game to make it seem to players that they were going in the right direction only to get money then once they had it. They change the game to something awful only to appeal to a wider audience and just said a big FU to the players that became founders when the game was in alpha.

They have zero care for the community, its funny that they have the design council but never discuss what the upcoming changes are and get feedback on their ideas. I can see why!! Cause they don't care about the players that are on their or what they think. They got there money from us and now they could care less. I am really about to turn them into the BBB for falsify advertising the game to get money; only to completely change it once they got money. Bait and switch!!      

A game in beta testing does not justify untested content.
We are not the first testers. We are the second. The first balancing should be done by the producers and developers, not the players.
And that's what's going on right now.

They are pretty much coming up with a basic idea and then throwing random numbers to it and releasing. I honestly believe that the DEs change design direction with every hotfix.