Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Issue

bopitwaldo9909

Hey there, I recently got the new frame Nova and have been thoroughly enjoying it. However, the big selling point of the second ability Matter Drop is the ability to shoot it and have it explode. Now I will admit I have yet to upgrade said mod, but thus far I have been unable to shoot the bubble and have it burst. My accuracy is on so its not a matter of skill... I wanted to see if anyone else had been having this problem and if so what to do about it. If it is however, just a matter of upgrading the mod to be able to do this, then please let me know as well. Thanks for the help.

They changed it right before release apparently, now it simply explodes on contact. I use it as my panic button when I'm surrounded, drop it at your feet and blow up everything nearby.

signed still sad they changed it though...

Zylo the Wolfbane

Damn, well that's disappointing... I will say at least the ability to control where it goes is nice if you wanna wipe out a group of enemies in another room.

The control is very unorthodox. I would like to see the shot mechanic returned and still blow on impact. I feel she will need tweaks.

For those looking down on antimatter drop - it is a very unique skill that has a lot to it and this makes it difficult to understand.

It works like Nyx's absorb - only it uses friendly damage. - It also tracks to your reticle.

So to use it-> cast -> shoot it -> direct it with your reticle - it will explode upon contact with an enemy.

Without shooting it - it only does 100-150 damage - very weak. BUT shooting it ramps the damage MASSIVELY - if you deal enough damage to it before it explodes - it becomes a freaking nuke.

I don't like the skill, I love the idea of being able to control it and to explode on impact but it moves SO SLOW, everything has run by by the time it get's there and I can't steer it backwards lol

If it moved faster, I would have no issues with the ability. 

Edited by Auxilium1

I think it help reinforce the whole team work aspect of the game

Nova drop the antimatter while another frame uses some sort of crowd control to keep them still, i think Nova and Vauban will be great friends

Well Anarook is spot on. The ability is amazing, especially when soloing some of the harder defense waves or missions. I have the kunai with barrel diffusion maxed, hornet strike maxed, and a fire mod equipped. You throw ten of those bad boy at the ball before it goes boom, and it deals insane damage and knock-back. Couple that with Molecular Prime and you have no problems.

Well Anarook is spot on. The ability is amazing, especially when soloing some of the harder defense waves or missions. I have the kunai with barrel diffusion maxed, hornet strike maxed, and a fire mod equipped. You throw ten of those bad boy at the ball before it goes boom, and it deals insane damage and knock-back. Couple that with Molecular Prime and you have no problems.

So we have to use specific off-hands or weapons to get the benefit of our ability? (I really don't mind just speaking the other side). I tried pumping 7 quick-shots of Snipetron Vandal into it and managed to still steer it around and did barely anything. It will take more getting used to, maybe my opinion will change from what i said above, maybe not. Time will tell.

Well as with all good things... It comes with time. Sure at first all that the drop is good for is clearing out lower levels, but to those that put in either time or money into the game you can vastly improve your abilities. And the same goes for every frame... People are making Nova out to be the black sheep, when it brings its own unique style to the table. Now I will admit it needs some major tweeking, but it is a strong frame