Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creating A Challenge

jibbahjabbah

Here's a few ideas I have onto how to make the game more challenging without turning all the enemies into massive bullet sponges (that's not challenging, it's just plain tedious.).

A couple of ideas I had for enemy types are

1. A Goliath - A devastating melee character whose armor is so thick bullets can't touch them. The only way to defeat this enemy is to knock them down (via jump kick or jump melee) and either crush their heads with a hammer or pierce them deep with your sword (you basically already have the animation for this. Maybe just change it up a bit for them specifically.). If they ended up hitting you not only would they cause massive damage but would send you flying backwards (adding the ragdoll effect would be pretty cool as you'd just tumble over and over giving they're strike some real heft.)

2. Stealth Sniper - Equipped with a powerful rifle this enemy can kill you with only a few shots. Virtually invisible (like how ash or loki appears to us only far more translucent.) you'll have to keep an eye out for the energy cell on his chest to spot his position (think iron man).

3. The Goober (working title) - This infested creature hurls the goo that oozes from his body in your general direction creating areas you'd do best to avoid or else you'll be slowed down and over run by the rest of the horde.

4. Leechers - Infested crawlers that latch on to your legs slowing you down by making you drag them with you. Best shoot them off quick.

That's all I came up with so far. But another idea I had I thought you could take into consideration is designing the battlefield to the enemies advantage. One example of this would be to create a high ground where the enemy could spawn but we couldn't get to to flank their cover. That would make us have to choose to wait for our shots to take out the enemies up above or focus on the ones swarming in from the ground. It would also make it much harder for us to find cover.

Those are my ideas. Would love to hear what you guys come up with.