Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is my PC ready?

Destrobuk

Question

So ever since I started to play Warframe on console, I wanted to know what it was like to play on PC, so I wanted to know if this PC build was good enough to run Warframe at medium-high graphic settings

Here's the basic overview of it

Intel Core i5-6400 Processor 2.70GHz

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
  • 8GB RAM
  • 1TB HDD
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • DVD-RW Drive
  • SD Card Reader
  • 10/100/1000 Network
  • 802.11ac Wireless+Bluetooth 4.2

7 answers to this question

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600
DirectX: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space

For DirectX11:

Graphics: AMD 5000 series or Nvidia 400 series or higher

To use Nvidia APEX PhysX:

Nvidia Graphics Card with 1G of video RAM
Driver Version 310.90 or higher

Note: There is no Mac or Linux client currently available.

The game is optimized to run at even lower specs, but yes, you're more than good to go for PC.

4 hours ago, Destrobuk said:

Hm, well that's weird, because as I was playing through the tutorial, my PC had trouble with medium-high settings on

check your antialiasing setting. your hardware should be more than enough to play with the highest settings but antialiasing usually has a very high hardware usage especially at higher resolutions. also check for background processes from windows update that runs even when the system is not idle consuming lots of hardware.

13 hours ago, Destrobuk said:

Hm, well that's weird, because as I was playing through the tutorial, my PC had trouble with medium-high settings on

I'm running an i7 4790k with 1060 6GB at 1080p (pretty much all max settings, except smaa, medium anti aliasing, and can get into the 200fps range) without any issues so you shouldn't really be seeing any issues with high settings unless you're trying to run at 4k or something.  Admittedly I've got more threads etc but the game should in no way be stressing your i5 either when it's designed for toasters :).

There are a few things you might want to turn off though as there's been situations where people have seen fps drops due to them being on.

Nvidia game experience - remove it

Windows 10 Xbox has an overlay (settings, game dvr) which you should turn off unless you're using it

Steam also has overlays and you should turn them off too

4 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I'm running an i7 4790k with 1060 6GB at 1080p (pretty much all max settings, except smaa, medium anti aliasing, and can get into the 200fps range) without any issues so you shouldn't really be seeing any issues with high settings unless you're trying to run at 4k or something.  Admittedly I've got more threads etc but the game should in no way be stressing your i5 either when it's designed for toasters :).

There are a few things you might want to turn off though as there's been situations where people have seen fps drops due to them being on.

Nvidia game experience - remove it

Windows 10 Xbox has an overlay (settings, game dvr) which you should turn off unless you're using it

Steam also has overlays and you should turn them off too

Alright, so I did turn off all of those things and reduced my antialiasing setting, but it went up by about 5 frames, leaving me in the 20fps range.

Edited by Destrobuk

1 hour ago, Destrobuk said:

Alright, so I did turn off all of those things and reduced my antialiasing setting, but it went up by about 5 frames, leaving me in to 20fps range.

somethings dodgy with the setup somewhere then, are you sure you're using the geforce gpu and not the built in intel one?....

If it's a laptop you may need to set it to use the geforce card, at least for warframe, if it's a desktop make sure it's plugged into the 1070... yes I know it sounds obvious but stranger things have happened. 

You might also want to check your power saving options and all the drivers etc are installed