Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Emblem Finalizing Help please

Hytchok

Question

Hey All,

So I've decided to try and get a clan emblem going.  I have no experience with graphic design really and not about to buy Adobe Illustrator just for this.  I am using Inkscape (free Illustrator) and come up with something (by sheer force of will cause this ain't intuitive!).  However, after seeing a few guides* I can tell I am totally out of my depth. I don't understand 80% of what they are saying, particularly the "image Interpolation" and "pixeling" stuff (I am not using Adobe so I can't just follow along). Any constructive comments on how to polish my image would be appreciated. 

Concept: (so you have an idea why I did certain things):

• Clan is called Vorpal Ronin, so V and R
  • Blue vortexy thing being that elusive vorp element :P
  • Blue lotus stuff in background cause perty, cause just black silhouettes are too stark, cause makes a hidden samurai mask (in my mind anyway)

vorpal-ronin-shadows-400_orig.png

Specific Questions: 

1.  Is there a way of making the blue vortex look like an oval gem (3D) coming out a bit?  
  2.  I used flood fill tool to fill in the daggers but I still see a white line along margins, can I fix that?  Should I even care once it is 128x128?
  3.  Is black ok to use for an emblem in WF?  Any suggestions for sprucing up the black bits... iunno... gun metal?
  4.  Will the lotus blue bits naturally have a bit of a glow (RGBA: 0,104,128,255; 100% opaque, 1.1% blur)?
  5.  What sort of final processing do I need to do (image Interpolation/pixeling stuff VS. novice!)

Cheers in advance for any helpful comments!

2 answers to this question